“Humps” and Overhangs on Reflection?

June28

9 minutes ago, June28 said:

What are the benefits/drawbacks of Aqua Class cabins located on “Hump”?

Also, how do I find one with no balcony overhang?

Try to google photos of Reflections and you may be able to figure out which rooms you are looking at and see if there are any that don't have overhang. sometimes the photos of outside of ship will have cabin numbers . Also on the boards there is S class information maybe something there. You could also ask on the board about some specific cabin numbers you are looking at for the information.

The midship Aqua Class balconies on the hump have larger balconies, the first and third on the slant off the straight section have the largest. Deck 12 has the overhang. We've booked those and like the overhang because it offers shelter from rain if that occurs, and the balcony is deep enough that we get both sun and shade. The Aqua cabins on deck 11 have the overhang, but 2 decks up. If you book on deck 11 you will not be below the pool deck. We've booked on 12, midship slant hump balconies (and have an upcoming cruise in one as well) and haven't had problems with noise and the central location was ideal. We also loved being able to just walk up one deck to the OVC to grab a quick snack.

1 hour ago, June28 said:

What are the benefits/drawbacks of Aqua Class cabins located on “Hump”?

Also, how do I find one with no balcony overhang?

The only Aqua cabins without an overhang are the forward A2 cabins: Port 1501-1541 and Starboard 1502-1546.

2102 and 2104 also do not have an overhang. These two AQ cabins are on 12 and have plenty of sun. We had those two cabins (BIL and SIL in 2104) and really liked the location (near the spa and forward elevator) and avoided the overhang and support poles. They were under the very forward end of the Solarium. I heard some loungers moved once in a while, but otherwise both cabins were quiet.

889288689_refelction12.thumb.jpg.f47034c302a71b2ede38beaed311be24.jpg

image.thumb.png.c46a0b3c5a55f3e2a14163713ad7b085.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

We had a 1-A on deck 7 on the slant/ hump on the Silhouette for a TA and loved it.  There was an overhang from the deck above but only partial.   I would get this cabin again in a heartbeat.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, madmedic said:

Does anyone know what the overhang is like in 2173 on the hump. Sun and shade or shade only? 

😎

Thanks

We've stayed in 2151 which is on the forward part of the hump and had both sun and shade.

46 minutes ago, madmedic said:

Thanks we're hoping for that but we are mid/aft side of hump.

We have stayed there in these cabins.  The advantage is the larger balconies as mentioned and location close to the elevators/stairs.  We had two issues.  When we went out on the balcony, we could see others on their balconies and OMG.  I had to look out towards the water.   And they could see us when we stood by the railing.  There is a supply closet in that area.just outside our room.  It was noisy early in the morning.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:35 PM, keesar said:

We have stayed there in these cabins.  The advantage is the larger balconies as mentioned and location close to the elevators/stairs.  We had two issues.  When we went out on the balcony, we could see others on their balconies and OMG.  I had to look out towards the water.   And they could see us when we stood by the railing.  There is a supply closet in that area.just outside our room.  It was noisy early in the morning.

The cabins around ours seem to be 'stepped' rather than set on the diagonal as the forward hump cabins are. Is that where the supply closet would be? Getting concerned about being disturbed with the stateroom attendants coming and going for supplies.

Also does the overhang make the cabin appear dark? Didn't think of that when I booked.😔

2 hours ago, madmedic said:

The cabins around ours seem to be 'stepped' rather than set on the diagonal as the forward hump cabins are. Is that where the supply closet would be? Getting concerned about being disturbed with the stateroom attendants coming and going for supplies.

Also does the overhang make the cabin appear dark? Didn't think of that when I booked.😔

We've stayed in hump cabins with the supply closet right next to our door. DH and I are both light sleepers and it never disturbed us at all.  In fact it was rather convenient when we needed to contact our steward because most times he was close by!  The overhang didn't make the cabin dark. We would book this cabin again and would be glad to get it!

Hi 

Just got of Reflection last Sunday.

Was in midship hump balcony on Deck 6,,great cabin,clear view and 10 steps to the lifts,,,,,don't forget Deck 7 midship has the  Hideaway.

image.thumb.jpg.3acd7a5238a856a55d0b58c0ad4c2ccf.jpg

That was starboard side,,don't forget port side has the smoking area below the first row of balcony cabins.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
  • Like 1