Crown and Anchor Status

On 5/15/2019 at 1:54 PM, dude_hdt said:

If a change is better for the consumer, why shouldn't the consumer be for it?  That said, I wish Carnival would offer an equivalent to Royal Refreshment drink package. I'm allergic to alcohol so don't want to pay the higher price for alcohol package.

If only we could combine features of different cruise lines into one perfect one 🙂

Carnival does many things better than Royal and vice versa. However, an equivalent to the Royal Refreshment drink package would be something I would love to see over there. 

20 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

To get Diamond on Carnival we booked 8 in one year. Stupid yes. Fun yes. We are in FL also. Situated one just short of 2 hours from Ft. Lauderdale and Port canaveral. We still book 4-6 a year. Yes we love cruising.

Me too!! Tampa is 20 minutes, PC is almost 2 hours, Everglades is 3 hours and Miami is 3.5 or so hours. I am loving all this cruising. 6 cruises each year for the last two years, 5 cruises the year before that, and this year will be 7, and already have 2 for next year, and about to book another. This is partly why I wanted to move down here from Colorado, I just didn't realize it would actually work out this way for me while working full time. Luckily, having a company that gives me so much PTO, and lets me manipulate it by moving my days off to maximize the PTO hours makes this possible.

29 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Carnival does many things better than Royal and vice versa. However, an equivalent to the Royal Refreshment drink package would be something I would love to see over there. 

Carnivals soda package at $8.50 vs the refreshment package at $26.80 

Carnivals soda package @ $8.50  Royals @ $8.95 soda package. Carnival has more soda choices & includes regular water plus juices.

The difference between Carnivals soda package and Royals Refreshment package for another $17.50 a day

Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)

Premium coffees and teas

Sparkling water.

Did not see anything else.

I get the soda package on both lines. My wife likes her cappuccino, so she will get a few during the cruise.

We get free bottles of water in the cabin when we board. I do not buy moctails. I would buy an alcoholic drink now and then.

The very worse soda package is on Celebrity. They will not give you the can. Only fill your glass. Anyone know why?  Not that many to choose from either. Sometimes when I go for the Coke Zero they tell me only fountain drinks. Needless to say, the fountain soda cost them only pennies to fill your glass.

The package on Princess is totally different and confusing.

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Too many Ds...too quickly.  The DLs are getting really overcrowded.   But I agree...we caught the last year of Diamonds in December.  Freedom two weeks in a JS in one month.....42 points.  😉 

Never got to participate in the diamonds in dec promotion.  We had to get points the hard and slow way.  We had to cruise and earn points cruising every single night in our cabin or suite 😅  What a grueling and hard way to accumulate cruise points, but someone has to do it 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

It is the TP from Sydney to Honolulu. We will just wait for the next cruise to go D+,  we have already booked the  Allure TA for Nov. 2020 after the refurb.  We will just have to wait to get the free laundry bag that was taken away a few years ago. 

I have never seen free laundry bag for diamonds, only for D+ and above.  We took our first cruise in June of 2014 and free laundry for D might have been before we sailed our first cruise.

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

2 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Carnivals soda package at $8.50 vs the refreshment package at $26.80 

Carnivals soda package @ $8.50  Royals @ $8.95 soda package. Carnival has more soda choices & includes regular water plus juices.

The difference between Carnivals soda package and Royals Refreshment package for another $17.50 a day

Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)

Premium coffees and teas

Sparkling water.

Did not see anything else.

I get the soda package on both lines. My wife likes her cappuccino, so she will get a few during the cruise.

We get free bottles of water in the cabin when we board. I do not buy moctails. I would buy an alcoholic drink now and then.

The very worse soda package is on Celebrity. They will not give you the can. Only fill your glass. Anyone know why?  Not that many to choose from either. Sometimes when I go for the Coke Zero they tell me only fountain drinks. Needless to say, the fountain soda cost them only pennies to fill your glass.

The package on Princess is totally different and confusing.

How can you possibly compare the Refreshment Package to a Soda Package? 
Does Carnival have more soda options than the FreeStyle Machines? 

The other things that you missed in the Refreshment package: 

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

Bottled Water

Johnny Rocket's Milkshakes 

Edited by LilBlackDress

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only people eligible to get the triple points for Diamonds in December were Diamond and above.  That program did not create any new diamonds but I’m sure it added a few D+.

But it did help me become a real Diamond.  I was Diamond on my first RCCL cruise because of Celebrity Elite status.  Will have to hit FL lottery to earn enough points to Diamond+

Regular bottled water is free in our state room when we arrive. Milk shake, If there is a Johnny Rockets. Where do you get the fresh squeezed orange juice? Not at the bar. Not all Royal ships have the dispensers where you need to carry you glass with. How many different sodas do you need to choose from. Here is Carnivals soda package. Soft drinks:  Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Caffeine Free Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Orange Fanta, Mr. Pibb, Barqs Root Beer, Tonic Water, Club Soda, Ginger Ale

Juices: Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Tomato Juice, Pineapple Juice, Grapefruit Juice.

Anyhow, to each there own. Get what yo want. I was just stating what we do.

12 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

... Where do you get the fresh squeezed orange juice? ...

Windjammer and the MDR at breakfast on all ships.  Vitality Cafe on Oasis class.

~ So after our last Easter Cruise on the Anthem of the Seas this past April 2019 ~ We are at 159 Diamond Status ~ and are debating on doing a 3 or 4 day cruise if anyone has any suggestions ! That way the 7 Day on The Mediterranean Cruise we booked for next year in the Suite we got will put us at Diamond Plus ! ~ 🙂 

18 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Regular bottled water is free in our state room when we arrive. Milk shake, If there is a Johnny Rockets. Where do you get the fresh squeezed orange juice? Not at the bar. Not all Royal ships have the dispensers where you need to carry you glass with. How many different sodas do you need to choose from. Here is Carnivals soda package. Soft drinks:  Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Caffeine Free Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Orange Fanta, Mr. Pibb, Barqs Root Beer, Tonic Water, Club Soda, Ginger Ale

Juices: Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Tomato Juice, Pineapple Juice, Grapefruit Juice.

Anyhow, to each there own. Get what yo want. I was just stating what we do.

I am still wondering how you can compare the Soda Package to the Refreshment Package. They are nowhere near the same. 
I am not sure who you are referring to when you say "get what yo want" or who WE are in your statement "I was just stating what we do." 

As Bob Said, in the MDR and Windjammer 

23 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That's what we did to make D then D+ a short cruise in a JS.

Now a privileged DS member.

That's what we did to get to D+ (being 10 points shy) for our upcoming Panama canal cruise years ago, we jumped on Brilliance 5 night the month before in a JS.  Worked out perfect and had a great time on Brilliance as a bonus.

It's indeed good to be a member of the Royal DS club! Cheers! 🥂

Edited by island lady

On 5/15/2019 at 8:50 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I could see it possibly making sense financially to get to Diamond and getting the free drinks.  I can’t see anyway that the few additional perks from D to D+ would ever be greater than the cost of a cheap 3 day cruise.

We will end up at 174 points after our March 2021 cruise.  It is what it is.

If it is based on cost/saving money only...no one would cruise...ever.   Cruising is a want...not a need.  😉   Even a short cruise, IMHO is a joy...no matter what reason you book it.  🙂 

18 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Me too!! Tampa is 20 minutes, PC is almost 2 hours, Everglades is 3 hours and Miami is 3.5 or so hours. I am loving all this cruising. 6 cruises each year for the last two years, 5 cruises the year before that, and this year will be 7, and already have 2 for next year, and about to book another. This is partly why I wanted to move down here from Colorado, I just didn't realize it would actually work out this way for me while working full time. Luckily, having a company that gives me so much PTO, and lets me manipulate it by moving my days off to maximize the PTO hours makes this possible.

Yup, great perk to living in Florida....however...more than half of my booked cruises involve flights out of Florida.  Have "just a few" cruises booked right now.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, frank808 said:

Never got to participate in the diamonds in dec promotion.  We had to get points the hard and slow way.  We had to cruise and earn points cruising every single night in our cabin or suite 😅  What a grueling and hard way to accumulate cruise points, but someone has to do it 😋

Oh I agree...it's a tough road...but someone has to travel it.  And what better way to do so than as a Royal DS!  Cheers! 🥂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

That's what we did to get to D+ (being 10 points shy) for our upcoming Panama canal cruise years ago, we jumped on Brilliance 5 night the month before in a JS.  Worked out perfect and had a great time on Brilliance as a bonus.

It's indeed good to be a member of the Royal DS club! Cheers! 🥂

Cheers to you too my DS friend.

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, great perk to living in Florida....however...more than half of my booked cruises involve flights out of Florida.  Have "just a few" cruises booked right now.  😉 

Seems to be the norm for us lately as well

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I need to do Venice, Alaska or Panama Canal.

Venice is a must do.

We sailed out of Venice several times on Splendour and the sail in and sail out is fabulous especially sailing past St Marks Square.

Edited by grapau27

Not sure what is good about Platinum.  We received our Platinum pins mid cruise in April and hit the Emerald level that cruise.  Not sure what Emerald gets you either.  Our cruise in Feb. 2020 we will hit the big D but no expectations there either until our cruise in Sept on Ovation to Alaska.  Which will make no difference because we have a genie for that cruise.  After looking at all the benefits the best one seems to be a small discount on rooms which we will definitely take advantage of because suites are a little pricy.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I need to do Venice, Alaska or Panama Canal.

Have done Alaska three times, and have another self tour (two weeks) plus a B2B on Radiance following, which is booked again for next year.  Have also done Panama Canal (eh...not really a fan).   Have not done Venice yet...that one being on our bucket list, but was booked out for what I wanted (already!  😮  ).  

Edited by island lady