Crown and Anchor Status

2 hours ago, kmorg1234 said:

We did this on a weekend cruise to make it to D+.  Thought it was worth it for the perks on the next cruise, which was longer.  Since it left from Bayonne, it was a quick drive to the port, and quite a fun weekend!

I could see it possibly making sense financially to get to Diamond and getting the free drinks.  I can’t see anyway that the few additional perks from D to D+ would ever be greater than the cost of a cheap 3 day cruise.

We will end up at 174 points after our March 2021 cruise.  It is what it is.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Haven't you ever noticed that when one company does something sometimes others will follow? I guess it depends on if they think it's worth it to them or not.

Agree. Royal's Program is too popular now, a reason for them to not accelerate moving up. They'd rather us spend on next Cruise to advance. When I first made Diamond over 20yrs ago, when it was Top Tier, at most 6-10 of us on the Newest ships sailing popular routes. Now can have 1000 Top Tier on one these sailings...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Thanks 1

I'm doing a B2B in November - 4 night sailing in a suite and then a 9 night saiing in an inside cabin. I'll be doing both cruises solo.

I will become Diamond Plus on my 2nd day of the 2nd cruise but realize I won't enjoy those benefits until my sailing next year. Looking forward to it!

12 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are loyal to Royal but agree with you 100%. Our next cruise is 18 nights, we turn D+ on the second night, what a bummer for us. 

Book a quick 7 night cruise out of galveston to reach d+ before the 18 nighter.  Although you have to weigh the d+ perks against d perks for the ship.  I would take a shorter cruise to hit d+ if it is a ship with cl and not sl.  Also as an 18 nighter it must be a repo cruise so it it usually top heavy with d and above. 

16 hours ago, rusty nut said:

Except for Pinnacle status. If you reach Pinnacle status on a cruise you are recognized as Pinnacle during the cruise.  

Recognized yes, status and perks, no.

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, and no. I guess it depends on the ship. The point is, unlike other tiers, pinnacle is the only one that recognizes its members during the cruise in which pinnacle is attained.

Edited by rusty nut

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Agreed, I've seen people get some of the perks mid-cruise too.

Seeing less and less lately.

We got about half, but mainly because we were on for around two months prior

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Seeing less and less lately.

We got about half, but mainly because we were on for around two months prior

Plus of course you know every single crew member on Oasis personally and are on their Christmas card lists... :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

Why should Royal change to match what Carnival does?
Why doesn't Carnival change? 

It makes no sense for a company to change their loyalty program to meet or match another program

What is in a Carnival?  Clowns.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Would be nice if they still did DIAMONDS IN DECEMBER.  Got 3 points per night.

Too many Ds...too quickly.  The DLs are getting really overcrowded.   But I agree...we caught the last year of Diamonds in December.  Freedom two weeks in a JS in one month.....42 points.  😉 

16 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are loyal to Royal but agree with you 100%. Our next cruise is 18 nights, we turn D+ on the second night, what a bummer for us. 

Everyone turns the next level on some point during a cruise.  You will very much enjoy the next cruise.  🙂 

Me, I think I would jump on a short cruise a few weeks before your 18 night.  😉 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

And some are recognized twice (two different ships)....great party on MJ.  😉 😄 

On Rhapsody, however, one of our CC friends turn mid way...they reissued her card to white.  She got the recognition AND the perks....but only after the award ceremony at the upper tier.  Nice LA on that one.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Too many Ds...too quickly.  The DLs are getting really overcrowded.   But I agree...we caught the last year of Diamonds in December.  Freedom two weeks in a JS in one month.....42 points.  😉 

The only people eligible to get the triple points for Diamonds in December were Diamond and above.  That program did not create any new diamonds but I’m sure it added a few D+.

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only people eligible to get the triple points for Diamonds in December were Diamond and above.  That program did not create any new diamonds but I’m sure it added a few D+.

Of course you are right...I should have said too many making it to D+ too quickly, making the CL over crowded.  Duh...sorry about that.  😮 

Edited by island lady

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

Everyone turns the next level on some point during a cruise.  You will very much enjoy the next cruise.  🙂 

Me, I think I would jump on a short cruise a few weeks before your 18 night.  😉 

That's what we did to make D then D+ a short cruise in a JS.

Now a privileged DS member.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Virtopia said:

I'm doing a B2B in November - 4 night sailing in a suite and then a 9 night saiing in an inside cabin. I'll be doing both cruises solo.

I will become Diamond Plus on my 2nd day of the 2nd cruise but realize I won't enjoy those benefits until my sailing next year. Looking forward to it!

Agree. When it happens it happens.  Something new to look forward to on your next cruise. 

8 hours ago, frank808 said:

Book a quick 7 night cruise out of galveston to reach d+ before the 18 nighter.  Although you have to weigh the d+ perks against d perks for the ship.  I would take a shorter cruise to hit d+ if it is a ship with cl and not sl.  Also as an 18 nighter it must be a repo cruise so it it usually top heavy with d and above. 

It is the TP from Sydney to Honolulu. We will just wait for the next cruise to go D+,  we have already booked the  Allure TA for Nov. 2020 after the refurb.  We will just have to wait to get the free laundry bag that was taken away a few years ago. 

Please be advised that Cruise Points are added to your membership profile approximately 14 days after a cruise has completed and your membership status will automatically adjust once your Cruise Point total reaches the appropriate amount. In order to receive Cruise Points for your sailing and your onboard benefits, simply include your membership numbers in your cruise reservation prior to sailing. 

For your information, we are including details regarding other ways that Cruise Points may be earned, below:

You may receive an additional Cruise Point per night if you reserve your cruise with suite accommodations. This means that you may earn up to two (2) Cruise Points per night by purchasing a Junior Suite!

Examples:

A 7-night cruise vacation is worth 7 Cruise Points. If a Junior Suite or other suite category is purchased, this cruise would be worth 14 points.

A 4-night cruise vacation is worth 4 points. If a Junior Suite or other suite category is purchased, this cruise would be worth 8 points.

All suites must be purchased at the full rate to receive an additional Cruise Point per night. Complimentary or reduced rate upgrades to a suite category stateroom do not qualify for additional points.

Cruise tours will count towards the total number of nights or Cruise Points awarded. Pre- and post-hotel packages are supplemental cruise amenities; therefore they do not earn additional points.

Beginning October 4, 2013, guests who sail as single occupancy will receive one additional Cruise Point per night of sailing, excluding single occupancy categories such as the studio interior or studio balcony staterooms. That means that you will receive one more point per night of your cruise vacation when you sail with Royal Caribbean International as the sole guest within a stateroom meant for two or more guests. 

Cruise Points are earned on an individual basis and members do not earn additional Cruise Points on behalf of other guests or staterooms. Should you purchase another guest’s cruise, that guest will retain the Cruise Points awarded.

Bonus points may be earned through occasional promotions which will be announced on our website. Visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/crownandanchor and check under our “Special Offers” link for the most up to date information on our current promotions for Crown & Anchor Society members.

31 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

It is the TP from Sydney to Honolulu. We will just wait for the next cruise to go D+,  we have already booked the  Allure TA for Nov. 2020 after the refurb.  We will just have to wait to get the free laundry bag that was taken away a few years ago. 

Happen's. Years ago when Diamond's were "IT" had lot more perks. Got to meet with Captain and senior Officers for Formal gathering. Was first on/off ship(except wedding party). Was 2nd off ship after first made Diamond. Concierge Lounge. Of course this back when only 6-10 Diamonds on a sailing, C&A too popular now as more cruise, cheaper then was to do then in past

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, twodaywonder said:

On Carnival we turned Diamond during the cruise. However, we received the Diamond cards when checking in on that cruise. Royal should do the same.

Things are fine the way they are.

• Like 1