MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

On 5/14/2022 at 8:43 PM, SunFunRum88 said:

MSC Smarties ! 

When do you apply for status match? Do you have to book then apply or can you apply without a booking? 

Thanks in advance for your help

My son booked his MSC cruise then got his status match and then called to get his Voyager club number added to the booking, he got the 5% discount applied to his total cabin cruise fare.  Obviously he did not get the discount on the port taxes

Edited by SpainAlien

What's weird is that if we had used our Royal Caribbean (RC) status we'd have been at a lower tier with MSC.  Even though they (RC) combined both our RC AND Celebrity cruises into our Crown and Anchor membership, they (RC) have us at Platinum.

Celebrity, also combined our RC status into their Captain's Club membership, at the Select level, and translated to Gold level status with MSC. 

And Ironically, we've taken more cruises with RC (6 total each) and only 2 with Celebrity, but MSC gives a higher status based on the cruise line.  

https://www.mscbook.com/pages/sdl/img/B2B_TA_Status Match_Conversion Table.pdf

On 4/29/2022 at 4:02 PM, Belgica2022 said:

Hi All. First post and first cruise with MSC coming up so fingers crossed here..

I found the status match after we'd booked the cruise and after signing up for the MSC Club. Submitted the match for at about 3:30am this morning and had a reply at 9:30am that they'd matched the status! 🥳 Checked my profile and indeed all good. FYI this unbelievably fast response was via the match form on the Belgian website. The match was applied to my existing MSC Club number, rather than creating a new one.

As expected from reading other posts, IHG Platinum was matched to MSC Silver. And in agreement with other posts, I also think that MSC Gold would be more suitably aligned, but suspect no point discussing that further with them.

New to all this so hoping people can help with a couple of questions..
- My wife has Accor Silver, which as far as I can tell they appear to match to MSC Silver as well. Does it make sense to also submit a status match for her MSC club, or does only one person per cabin need the status for the benefits to apply to everyone in the cabin? I assume status is on an individual basis.
- When we earn points for the cruise itself, are they applied to both memberships or just one? And excursions etc purchased online ahead of the cruise? I guess that on ship stuff would apply to the car shown at the time?
- I saw somewhere in all the replies (maybe on another site as haven't found again) that someone appeared to have managed to have MSC apply the 5% discount retroactively to their booking after their status had been matched. Is there any point contacting them about this? Wasn't planning to but if they would apply anything might be worth it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Not sure if this is too late for you now, but I rang up after getting my status match and they applied to my booking and reissued booking confirmation with the 5% discount

On 3/22/2022 at 12:31 AM, AngryBirdah said:

Enter your Post Code/Zip Code and hit the button to search.  It will autofill the City and State from your Zip Code information.

Also - use Edge instead of Chrome... you should get a confirmation of successful receipt when submitted.

Enter the zip code then hit search- third time is the charm- I tried four different browsers trying get it to let me enter a state.  Not a great design.  It did finally work on Edge- I put in a screen shot of my Carnival Red status page- it came back in a day or two "Classic"- a good start.  It did say the request was accepted - I had no booking.   

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 11:54 PM, 1kaper said:

Great for you but frustrating for me. 
I applied 2 days ago.  Nothing yet.  We sail a week from Sunday.  I was on the phone with customer service for something else and he told me it usually takes 10 days but he knows they are behind. 

Well, as mentioned my response came within 24 hours. That was from the MSC Belgium team. My wife submitted a status match on the same day (29/4) to the German team and still hasn't heard anything, despite following up. So currently 6 weeks and counting... Having moved our cruise they've not only missed our original dates, today is departure, so they'll have missed it twice..

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried every link but cannot find the US web form for the status match. I found a cached version but it would not let me put in city and state. When I search it on MSC it goes back to main page. Would someone please share it.

TIA,

Pam

On 6/18/2022 at 8:01 PM, pj17 said:

I have tried every link but cannot find the US web form for the status match. I found a cached version but it would not let me put in city and state. When I search it on MSC it goes back to main page. Would someone please share it.

TIA,

Pam

I am having the same problem. 

Hopefully someone else figures it out and shares :)

On 6/19/2022 at 1:01 AM, pj17 said:

TIA,

Pam

7 hours ago, cmp03 said:

I am having the same problem. 

Hopefully someone else figures it out and shares 🙂

Oddly it is still there on their website (just before the FAQ on here https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club) but just redirects to the homepage

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match

7 hours ago, afamnheidi said:

cruising on the seashore July 9th. also having issues finding status match form for my mom. 😞 

Could you email them to ask for an offline copy, or a link that works? From the UK I've found that I do get a response over email, but sometime it just takes a week to ten days

19 hours ago, Moaningman said:

Could you email them to ask for an offline copy, or a link that works? From the UK I've found that I do get a response over email, but sometime it just takes a week to ten days

I leave on the Seashore in just a couple of days and I also have been unable to get a status match.  I have been informed by their customer service that their status match site is down and they have been working to fix the issues.  I emailed the Voyager and Customer service folks and provided all of the info required, but they told me they cannot process over email and I must complete the form on their site. However, until they fix the site, you cannot get to their form.  I have tried to submit on several of their international sites and I can see the form and fill it out, but cannot submit it. 

Edited by Nuttz4Sports

2 hours ago, Nuttz4Sports said:

I leave on the Seashore in just a couple of days and I also have been unable to get a status match.  I have been informed by their customer service that their status match site is down and they have been working to fix the issues.  I emailed the Voyager and Customer service folks and provided all of the info required, but they told me they cannot process over email and I must complete the form on their site. However, until they fix the site, you cannot get to their form.  I have tried to submit on several of their international sites and I can see the form and fill it out, but cannot submit it. 

That does sound a nightmare! I think I had difficulty submitting the form too from memory, but not sure if I changed anything or if it just worked in the end. 🤞 you get something sorted

On 6/22/2022 at 3:51 PM, sm9690 said:

Oddly it is still there on their website (just before the FAQ on here https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club) but just redirects to the homepage

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match

I got a reply from mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com this morning:

Status match must be submitted via www.msccruisesusa.com.  The Status Match page on our website is being updated... please continue to check on its availability to complete the request online. 

It seems to be back up for the moment! Hopefully the downtime doesn't reflect any quiet changes to match levels.

10 hours ago, Moaningman said:

That does sound a nightmare! I think I had difficulty submitting the form too from memory, but not sure if I changed anything or if it just worked in the end. 🤞 you get something sorted

I see the site is finally back up and so I submitted.  What's funny is that I am going to use my Hilton Honors to match because they seem to match higher to Hilton.  I'm Gold with Hilton, but have Titanium Elite, which requires even more nights than Hilton's Diamond Status, but according to their match table, they will only give Silver for Marriott Titanium and Gold for Hilton Gold.  If only they matched airlines, then I would be top of the tiers....

• Like 1

Anyone NOT get their status matched? I'm bronze level with NCL and have applied twice on the MSC status match portal (first time on May 17th), emailed 3 times and have called customer service twice - the last time the agent emailed voyagers club on my behalf.  I've heard nothing. I check my junk mail frequently. Wondering if they are just not going to status match and just plain avoid dealing with the customer?  Feeling frustrated and don't want to start my vacation that way.