MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

i threw all my cards away so i uploaded a photo of my computer screen showing my carnival level.at least one of the largest internet cruise booking sites has a website feature that shows your points and level and basic info if you punch in your member number.  msc could do the same thing? 

Two status matches submitted based on NCL Platinum. First one took 3 submissions and emails over 10 days. Second one took 10 hours. Mine came back as Gold, my other half was only worthy of Silver apparently. Can't beat a bit of consistency, can you? More emails to follow (may contain a little sarcasm for fun).

We tried status matching with IHG Platinum and that has been 3 weeks ago. Haven’t heard anything. Repeated it again about  a week ago. Nothing. Tried calling customer service a couple times they’ve tried to contact Voyager Club No answer.

Any ideas what to do next? Email corporate?

First time on MSC and may be the last.

51 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

We tried status matching with IHG Platinum and that has been 3 weeks ago. Haven’t heard anything. Repeated it again about  a week ago. Nothing. Tried calling customer service a couple times they’ve tried to contact Voyager Club No answer.

Any ideas what to do next? Email corporate?

First time on MSC and may be the last.

Are you expecting Gold or Diamond?  If Gold, try another as I'm sure you have others that you have matched (or can match) with the IHG.  My email came from:  

mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com

17 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I’m expecting Gold status. She told us on the phone either IHG or Celebrity status would be Gold. 
Just to clear up. We received our Voyager Club numbers right away. But applied for status match with those numbers 3 weeks ago but nothing.

I think that's when the process hiccups.  It seems to work better if you submit the Status Match and that gets you matched and in Voyagers at the same time. I did what you did and it took 8.5 weeks. 

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

We were given Voyager numbers and then applied for status match. We used our status on Celebrity but Could have used IHG Platinum. We were told that both levels would be gold. I’m wondering what to do? Should we re-apply for status match or email MSC corporate hoping that someone in the front office will look up our number and see what level we are at?

The general customer service is not helpful. They can even get through to Voyagers Club. I really would like to get this resolved.

Any help would be appreciated.

For all those stressing out trying to get a match... it really means very little! We finally got both of us to gold with MSC just hours before our cruise from our platinum on carnival. There was no advantage for us.  Our cruise only had 410 guests so there were no lines anywhere anyway.  We had a note in our cabin about some advantages being unavailable.  I think we were allowed a free picture but we never took one. Oh, we did get an hour "THERMAL SPA." We checked in,  opened doors,  and said that this wasn't for us! I'm sorry I stressed out so much about this before our cruise.  The actual cruise was so much better than our Carnival cruises.  

• Like 2

DW just got matched from HHonors Gold to MSC Gold (I'm already Diamond). After reading through the thread, I came to the conclusion that it is definitely better to NOT register for Voyager before requesting the status match. Submitted the form Sunday afternoon, and by Monday morning she had her number and match. Got it transparently added to our reservation for the Dec 19th Divina sailing, and Bob's your Uncle!

12 hours ago, MichaelJess said:

For all those stressing out trying to get a match... it really means very little! We finally got both of us to gold with MSC just hours before our cruise from our platinum on carnival. There was no advantage for us.  Our cruise only had 410 guests so there were no lines anywhere anyway.  We had a note in our cabin about some advantages being unavailable.  I think we were allowed a free picture but we never took one. Oh, we did get an hour "THERMAL SPA." We checked in,  opened doors,  and said that this wasn't for us! I'm sorry I stressed out so much about this before our cruise.  The actual cruise was so much better than our Carnival cruises.  

For me the incentive to get the match was the 5+15% discount on the cruise, plus extra OBC.  Once onboard, I see little benefit in a Gold match.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

For me the incentive to get the match was the 5+15% discount on the cruise, plus extra OBC.  Once onboard, I see little benefit in a Gold match.

I wasn't even paying attention to that, but when I called to get DW's number added, the agent automatically applied the 5+15 to our fully-paid reservation! (our standard OBC have also already been added).

Edited by WoodyWindy
clarification
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WoodyWindy said:

I wasn't even paying attention to that, but when I called to get DW's number added, the agent automatically applied the 5+15 to our fully-paid reservation! (our standard OBC have also already been added).

Can someone explain 5+15? And does gold come with obc?

Thanks

Edited by buckeye25osu

28 minutes ago, buckeye25osu said:

Can someone explain 5+15? And does gold come with obc?

Thanks

It is a temporary promotion for Voyagers Club members, offering an additional 15% from the normal 5% (Hence 5+15), and adding $50 OBC per member to select sailings. Look on this page...

MSC Voyagers Club - Membership Benefits | MSC Cruises (msccruisesusa.com)

Well if you do a status match you get 5% +15% off your cruise fare plus $50 pp OBC plus double points. Plus any other perks like a picture or early boarding or what ever they include. $200 off a $500 fair is enough to make me want to do it. So what’s everyone’s thoughts on what we do from here? Apply again but already have our Voyager numbers? Or contact MSC Corporate office?

Figuring it out is another’s story.

Edited by cheeseheads4ever

14 hours ago, WoodyWindy said:

It is a temporary promotion for Voyagers Club members, offering an additional 15% from the normal 5% (Hence 5+15), and adding $50 OBC per member to select sailings. Look on this page...

MSC Voyagers Club - Membership Benefits | MSC Cruises (msccruisesusa.com)

Thank you. And i can maybe get this retroactively? What is the best way to do this?

6 hours ago, buckeye25osu said:

Thank you. And i can maybe get this retroactively? What is the best way to do this?

You're welcome!

If you're adding your Voyager info or status update, they'll probably do it retro for you automatically (they did for me). But you either need to call and spend half an eternity on hold to talk to an agent (who, once I got connected, was very helpful), or (if you have one) ask your travel agent to do it.

Edited by WoodyWindy

On 7/31/2021 at 5:49 PM, niknot said:

Today, I received a match from Hilton Diamond to MSC Voyager gold level.

My experience so far:

Approximately, two and a half weeks ago I used the MSC's online status match form (US site) to submit my request with my Hilton Diamond information.

On July 28th, I called MSC's standard reservation number and spoke with a reservations agent. As others have experienced, the wait time was long. An hour and twenty minutes.

She told me that she could not assist me but told me to follow up via the the MSC Voyager e mail address. MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com. I mentioned that I had hoped to book some cruises in August and asked if I should go ahead and just join the Voyagers Club now so I could take advantage of the discounts given to members. Her response was that it was better just to wait for the match to take place and to be assigned a number. She said that it might (emphasis on might) be possible to be reimbursed the difference between the rates once the match takes place. Since the wait time was so long, I asked if there were better days or times to call. She said sorry there wasn't. Apparently, they are just really busy.

I sent a polite email requesting an update on the status of my match request on the 28th to the email address above. I did mention that I planned to book two cruises for this August and that is why I was being pushy. An auto generated message was received immediately after my email was sent.

I was surprised that I received gold instead of black, since most everyone else seems to be awarded black as a match to Hilton Diamond. A follow up email was sent, thanking them for the match and also asked if something had recently changed in their system. If I hear back, I will let you know.

Just reporting back. I logged into my MSC account and found that my level was now Black instead of the Gold level originally been granted.

• Like 2

Hello Everyone!

As I’ve stated in past postings recently just are at a loss for what to do about our status match we have not received yet after almost a month of waiting and contacting MSC Customer service. We sent a email to MSC Corporate office for existing bookings.

Explained our dilemma. Just waiting to see if they can straighten it out. When I type our Voyager Number is it comes back error. Or type booking number in and try to connect to Voyager number it come back error.

All we want is our status match to Gold as customer service said we would get. Matching to Celebrity Select. We would then get the 5+15 percent off cruise price and $50 PP OBC plus double points.

I don’t know how to resolve this or maybe we should just cancel. We paid final payment on the November 18. I think you can cancel upto 2 days before cruising but MSC is all new to us.

Asking again any ideas on what to do?

I want to update everyone on my experience.  I submitted multiple requests on the website form starting in April, about one per month.  I got auto replies ranging from "we're working on it" to "we need you to resubmit your card".  Emails to Voyager Club got same replies, I was one week from sailing 10/30/21 and resigned to no match.  In desperation, I even sent a request to a European email for MSC.  Literally when I was waiting in the Miami port lounge to board, I got an email congratulating me on matching my Hilton Diamond to MSC Black........I was thrilled and of course exasperated that it took till then.  On board, I went to the reception desk and then to the Voyager Desk which is also the Future cruise desk.  They printed me a new card and ended up giving me all the perks for the cruise.  I kind of feel the European email may have done it, I can't imagine that after 6 months they decided to act on my requests.  I feel that since I went on one MSC cruise in 2019 and had an existing number that affected the issue.  The online Status Match form does not offer an area to enter an existing Voyager number, it looks like it is designed for NEW customers to get into MSC with the lure of higher matched status.

Anyway, it was an early Christmas miracle.   Good luck to all in the same boat

• Like 1