MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

12 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Hello Everyone!

As I’ve stated in past postings recently just are at a loss for what to do about our status match we have not received yet after almost a month of waiting and contacting MSC Customer service. We sent a email to MSC Corporate office for existing bookings.

Explained our dilemma. Just waiting to see if they can straighten it out. When I type our Voyager Number is it comes back error. Or type booking number in and try to connect to Voyager number it come back error.

All we want is our status match to Gold as customer service said we would get. Matching to Celebrity Select. We would then get the 5+15 percent off cruise price and $50 PP OBC plus double points.

I don’t know how to resolve this or maybe we should just cancel. We paid final payment on the November 18. I think you can cancel upto 2 days before cruising but MSC is all new to us.

Asking again any ideas on what to do?

Exactly what I went through. I contacted corporate via mail and no reply, contacted via twitter and facebook and finally got my match after about 2.5 months yet my husband had his within 4 weeks.  No need to cancel, I used mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com to contact Jeffrey Lee.

• Like 1

OK we at least got a response back to resubmit. 
Im trying to find out on these status match tables are we better off with matching to Celebrity Select status or IHG Hotel Platinum?

One of our conversations with an MSC Customer service rep said either one would get us Gold Status on MSC. Does anyone know if this is true? have to take our best shot. Our first time around we did Celebrity Select.

On 12/1/2021 at 7:18 PM, cheeseheads4ever said:

DW wife got her status match today. Not sure why it never went through the first time when we did it a month ago.

Will the 5+15% and the $50 OBC come at some point? Still shows original price on booking reservation.

Hey, I called yesterday and got through in 5 minutes to a very nice agent.  She applied it to the cruise and I got $172 back!  I'm guessing I'll have the $50 waiting for me as well. But you do have to have it applied!  Call!

• Like 2

Funny we called yesterday and they were just finishing up with our 5+15% refund off cruise price plus gave us each $50 pp OBC and double points. Plus she sent us an updated reservation with everything correct on it.

We also got a very sweet agent. So everything is finally ironed out and we can look forward to sailing..

Thanks to all that contributed.

• Like 1

I am booked on MSC in January for the first time and applied for the match last week, but had not received a reply. I resubmitted last night after reading about many having issues.  I got an email this morning that I was approved for Diamond. I will monitor my booking and see if any discount / onboard credit are applied.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:46 PM, JT1962 said:

I am booked on MSC in January for the first time and applied for the match last week, but had not received a reply. I resubmitted last night after reading about many having issues.  I got an email this morning that I was approved for Diamond. I will monitor my booking and see if any discount / onboard credit are applied.

Diamond, nice! What did you match to?

Submitted screenshots of Celebrity Elite for hubby and myself last night. (Took a couple tries to get the - thank you response) Woke up this morning to an email with our assigned Voyager numbers and Gold status. Our first MSC cruise is next month, so I’ll keep checking for the discount and OBC. 
How long did it take to get applied?

Also, I wish their point system was per night rather than day range. We booked a B2B as a single reservation and get screwed on points. 

Edited by madridgirl
  • Like 1

I submitted twice with no response. Yesterday submitted again and got a match status updated email today. Matched my Hilton Diamond Status in my online account. Sail date is next Sunday. Not sure if any perks will be added at this point.

I also updated the google sheet a little bit.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 10:33 AM, gclara said:

I submitted twice with no response. Yesterday submitted again and got a match status updated email today. Matched my Hilton Diamond Status in my online account. Sail date is next Sunday. Not sure if any perks will be added at this point.

I also updated the google sheet a little bit.

Call. Once you get through, the agents are great about fixing you up.

On 12/9/2021 at 3:02 PM, madridgirl said:

Submitted screenshots of Celebrity Elite for hubby and myself last night. (Took a couple tries to get the - thank you response) Woke up this morning to an email with our assigned Voyager numbers and Gold status. Our first MSC cruise is next month, so I’ll keep checking for the discount and OBC. 
How long did it take to get applied?

Also, I wish their point system was per night rather than day range. We booked a B2B as a single reservation and get screwed on points. 

I would call and talk to an agent. There's a bit of a hold, but they should be able to make sure your status gets applied.

4 hours ago, WoodyWindy said:

Call. Once you get through, the agents are great about fixing you up.

Did you cal the regular number on the web site? I called and was told that yes, I definitely qualified and to give “them” a couple days to apply the adjustments. Checked today and still not applied. 

Ok, just got off the phone with MSC. There was a little hiccup because we already had a $50 OBC due to a port cancellation and they were having trouble applying the discount code. 
Anyway, discount was applied. I opted to have $300 of the discount as OBC. She said the other OBC will be applied automatically. 

• Like 2

I just called and asked about my recently matched Diamond Status, they said I can email the Voyagers Club, no phone numbers as it is showing Silver for my current booking. They did tell me that I can seek help when checking in...I thought even Silver should have $50 OBC but it is not showing in my booking...

Called again. This time the agent gave me an email address to inquire or deal with it when checking in. The previous one did not provide the email address that she mentioned (I thought I could find it online, but no...)Previous one can only see my silver status while today's can see my diamond status...