MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

I’ve been trying to research where the status matching stands now between. RCCl and MSC, but I cannot as most data is before the shutdown. Anyone get a relatively recent match of Diamond or Diamond Plus? We are Diamond currently, but will be Diamond Plus before the end of the year. Thanks.

On 3/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, chk-gnt said:

I'm trying to fill out the form for a status match. It won't let me fill in the state and city, accepts all the other info. Anyone have any ideas what I need to do?

Enter your Post Code/Zip Code and hit the button to search.  It will autofill the City and State from your Zip Code information.

Also - use Edge instead of Chrome... you should get a confirmation of successful receipt when submitted.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AngryBirdah said:

Enter your Post Code/Zip Code and hit the button to search.  It will autofill the City and State from your Zip Code information.

Also - use Edge instead of Chrome... you should get a confirmation of successful receipt when submitted.

I also cannot get it to fill in, even with using Edge.

Ok so question for those who submitted upgrade. This is our first MSC cruise. Do you join the Voyager program first THEN submit the upgrade request or do you just submit the upgrade request as your initial joining and upgrade all in one? 

We are cruising MSC on the Divina next week.  I just did my match for Platnium on Carnival and I was awarded gold!

What do I do now to see that we get the perks?  Should I call the MSC customer service to make sure we are in the system?  Would love to get the on board credit and the spa thermal thingie. This is my first MSC cruise and now I'm extra excited.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Disfan5 said:

We are cruising MSC on the Divina next week.  I just did my match for Platnium on Carnival and I was awarded gold!

What do I do now to see that we get the perks?  Should I call the MSC customer service to make sure we are in the system?  Would love to get the on board credit and the spa thermal thingie. This is my first MSC cruise and now I'm extra excited.

First things first, call and get your voyagers club discount. The savings will be applied as onboard credit since the sailing is a week away. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Any recent feedback on timeframes in the United States? I started this process last year, but never heard back and never followed up because we didn't end up booking on MSC. We now have a sailing booked for this month and submitted the status match requests online today for my wife & I. 

On 3/24/2022 at 7:58 PM, Whitnee1 said:

Ok so question for those who submitted upgrade. This is our first MSC cruise. Do you join the Voyager program first THEN submit the upgrade request or do you just submit the upgrade request as your initial joining and upgrade all in one? 

The form at https://www.msccruises.ca/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match clearly indicates that you do NOT apply for a Voyageur number first. YMMV

Please do NOT submit a separate registration for the Voyagers Club if you are applying for our Status Match program.

In order to qualify for Status Match, you must apply no later than 14 business days before your cruise start date.

Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per guest.
If a guest has loyalty cards with multiple companies, they will have to choose which one card to use to take part in the promotion.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:25 AM, Ronaldo807 said:

Any recent feedback on timeframes in the United States? I started this process last year, but never heard back and never followed up because we didn't end up booking on MSC. We now have a sailing booked for this month and submitted the status match requests online today for my wife & I. 

I submitted mine and my husband's on Thursday.  Got the emails with confirmation of the match on Friday.   Funny thing is we had a cruise last October booked that we had to cancel in September due to medical reasons.   I tried a few months before that cruise USING THE SAME SCREEN SHOT of RCL status and after 5 weeks they emailed that it was not sufficient.  This time used the same screen shots and all was good.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BDL said:

I submitted mine and my husband's on Thursday.  Got the emails with confirmation of the match on Friday.   Funny thing is we had a cruise last October booked that we had to cancel in September due to medical reasons.   I tried a few months before that cruise USING THE SAME SCREEN SHOT of RCL status and after 5 weeks they emailed that it was not sufficient.  This time used the same screen shots and all was good.  

Maybe they have finally comprehended that most other cruise lines don’t actually issue the “card” that they request! Glad it went through for you.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BDL said:

Same thing happened and I didn't follow up because we went with a different cruiseline. Our experience this time around was same day. 

Matched Hilton Diamond to MSC Voyager Diamond.

Great thread, thanks to OP and prior posters!   I'm Marriott Titanium and consider that a higher status than Hilton Diamond (at minimum equal).   Good thing I saw all the bad match outcomes from Marriott here, else I'd probably have submitted that one.

24 hour turn around from submission.

Also had same issue submitting an attachment that DID meet their stated size requirement and figured out for myself to try a smaller size.   MSC's web site is....not the best...

On 2/24/2022 at 1:26 PM, MechE31 said:

Just did Hilton diamond to MSC diamond. 

Whenever I try and login to my account now I get an error that says "You are not allowed to proceed on this site, please go to your country web site to proceed"

Has anyone got that before? I could log in fine yesterday before the match. 

I'm getting this error now.

Were you able to resolve?   I get this on my laptop (with Firefox) and on my phone (Safari).   Web site is amazingly bad...

21 hours ago, Frankf3 said:

I'm getting this error now.

Were you able to resolve?   I get this on my laptop (with Firefox) and on my phone (Safari).   Web site is amazingly bad...

It resolved itself after a couple days. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All. First post and first cruise with MSC coming up so fingers crossed here..

I found the status match after we'd booked the cruise and after signing up for the MSC Club. Submitted the match for at about 3:30am this morning and had a reply at 9:30am that they'd matched the status! 🥳 Checked my profile and indeed all good. FYI this unbelievably fast response was via the match form on the Belgian website. The match was applied to my existing MSC Club number, rather than creating a new one.

As expected from reading other posts, IHG Platinum was matched to MSC Silver. And in agreement with other posts, I also think that MSC Gold would be more suitably aligned, but suspect no point discussing that further with them.

New to all this so hoping people can help with a couple of questions..
- My wife has Accor Silver, which as far as I can tell they appear to match to MSC Silver as well. Does it make sense to also submit a status match for her MSC club, or does only one person per cabin need the status for the benefits to apply to everyone in the cabin? I assume status is on an individual basis.
- When we earn points for the cruise itself, are they applied to both memberships or just one? And excursions etc purchased online ahead of the cruise? I guess that on ship stuff would apply to the car shown at the time?
- I saw somewhere in all the replies (maybe on another site as haven't found again) that someone appeared to have managed to have MSC apply the 5% discount retroactively to their booking after their status had been matched. Is there any point contacting them about this? Wasn't planning to but if they would apply anything might be worth it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

6 hours ago, Belgica2022 said:

Hi All. First post and first cruise with MSC coming up so fingers crossed here..

I found the status match after we'd booked the cruise and after signing up for the MSC Club. Submitted the match for at about 3:30am this morning and had a reply at 9:30am that they'd matched the status! 🥳 Checked my profile and indeed all good. FYI this unbelievably fast response was via the match form on the Belgian website. The match was applied to my existing MSC Club number, rather than creating a new one.

As expected from reading other posts, IHG Platinum was matched to MSC Silver. And in agreement with other posts, I also think that MSC Gold would be more suitably aligned, but suspect no point discussing that further with them.

New to all this so hoping people can help with a couple of questions..
- My wife has Accor Silver, which as far as I can tell they appear to match to MSC Silver as well. Does it make sense to also submit a status match for her MSC club, or does only one person per cabin need the status for the benefits to apply to everyone in the cabin? I assume status is on an individual basis.
- When we earn points for the cruise itself, are they applied to both memberships or just one? And excursions etc purchased online ahead of the cruise? I guess that on ship stuff would apply to the car shown at the time?
- I saw somewhere in all the replies (maybe on another site as haven't found again) that someone appeared to have managed to have MSC apply the 5% discount retroactively to their booking after their status had been matched. Is there any point contacting them about this? Wasn't planning to but if they would apply anything might be worth it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Great for you but frustrating for me. 
I applied 2 days ago.  Nothing yet.  We sail a week from Sunday.  I was on the phone with customer service for something else and he told me it usually takes 10 days but he knows they are behind. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 8:43 PM, SunFunRum88 said:

MSC Smarties ! 

When do you apply for status match? Do you have to book then apply or can you apply without a booking? 

Thanks in advance for your help

I also would like to know this, do I book or wait for the status match and then book.  Also if I book a second cabin for my son could he hold off applying for the status match until closer to sail date by which time he would also have moved up to Platinum in NCL?

Just a timing update -- I applied for matching status ahead of a 9 June cruise on MSC, with a screenshot of my NCL Latitudes Rewards page as proof. Took about a week, but they bumped me MSC Gold, thanks to being Platinum on NCL (not quite the same thing, missing priority boarding with Gold, but whatever.) I was unable to use the MSC web site to attach my rewards account number to my existing booking, called the toll free number and they were able to do so.

20 hours ago, adjensen said:

Just a timing update -- I applied for matching status ahead of a 9 June cruise on MSC, with a screenshot of my NCL Latitudes Rewards page as proof. Took about a week, but they bumped me MSC Gold, thanks to being Platinum on NCL (not quite the same thing, missing priority boarding with Gold, but whatever.) I was unable to use the MSC web site to attach my rewards account number to my existing booking, called the toll free number and they were able to do so.

I was just going to post that I got MSC Gold to "match" my NCL Platinum. Not quite the same so I queried it, they came back and said that I would have to be NCL Ambassador to be MSC Diamond, that doesn't seem quite right but hey ho!

On 5/14/2022 at 9:43 PM, SunFunRum88 said:

MSC Smarties ! 

When do you apply for status match? Do you have to book then apply or can you apply without a booking? 

Thanks in advance for your help

You can apply without having a cruise booked. I got status matched from NCL couple of years ago (probably around the beginning of this thread) and our first MSC cruise is next week.

• Like 1