MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

5 hours ago, K8T said:

Disney Cruise Line Platinum to Diamond

2 people, requested separately, took 24 hours to receive email with Voyager Club numbers. 

Both automatically added to the booking. 

Unbelievable. I have submitted and emailed at least 10 times during the last 2 months. My submissions are being ignored for a Princess match. Suggestions?

5 hours ago, K8T said:

Disney Cruise Line Platinum to Diamond

2 people, requested separately, took 24 hours to receive email with Voyager Club numbers. 

Both automatically added to the booking. 

I am still waiting , I submitted a screenshot of my NCL account, I already called and was told to email , each time I get an automated reply  .i have been sending information to them since June, luckily my Cruise is in January. Oddly they approved my husband last week but not me and we have the same Platinum status from NCL.

I'm still waiting since June 6th.  I've submitted this at least 10 times and no response from MSC.  However, I just attempted to submit the form again, and I got this message "The loyalty card number is already registered Status Match Failed!

I did make the mistake and joined the Loyalty before submitting the match.  They should still be able to change the level.  Matching Princess Platinum to MSC Gold.

What does this already registered mean? 

18 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Unbelievable. I have submitted and emailed at least 10 times during the last 2 months. My submissions are being ignored for a Princess match. Suggestions?

I just sent a screen shot of my Princess Elite to the UK link & got it back within 24 hours with Diamond membership 

Today, I received a match from Hilton Diamond to MSC Voyager gold level.

My experience so far:

Approximately, two and a half weeks ago I used the MSC's online status match form (US site) to submit my request with my Hilton Diamond information.

On July 28th, I called MSC's standard reservation number and spoke with a reservations agent. As others have experienced, the wait time was long. An hour and twenty minutes.

She told me that she could not assist me but told me to follow up via the the MSC Voyager e mail address. MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com. I mentioned that I had hoped to book some cruises in August and asked if I should go ahead and just join the Voyagers Club now so I could take advantage of the discounts given to members. Her response was that it was better just to wait for the match to take place and to be assigned a number. She said that it might (emphasis on might) be possible to be reimbursed the difference between the rates once the match takes place. Since the wait time was so long, I asked if there were better days or times to call. She said sorry there wasn't. Apparently, they are just really busy.

I sent a polite email requesting an update on the status of my match request on the 28th to the email address above. I did mention that I planned to book two cruises for this August and that is why I was being pushy. An auto generated message was received immediately after my email was sent.

I was surprised that I received gold instead of black, since most everyone else seems to be awarded black as a match to Hilton Diamond. A follow up email was sent, thanking them for the match and also asked if something had recently changed in their system. If I hear back, I will let you know.

59 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Finally got status match after 9 weeks.  NCL Platinum to MSC gold.

Congrats!  I just can't believe how slow they are , my husband got his within 4 weeks and I am at 8 weeks and I sent both screenshots at the same time. 

Finally got my matched!  8.5 weeks of submitting online, emailing VC and  calling US Cust Service.  We didn't receive any emails, but I logged in today under my reservation and saw hubby and I are Gold!

Princess Platinum to MSC GOld.

Now I'm waiting on phone over 45 minutes so far to have my cruise repriced with VC discounts.  Our sailing is on the 5+15% off sale, so I'll hold for that!

I just got mine after about 3.5 weeks. No email or notification from MSC - I just happened to see that I now have a number assigned to me when I log in and was matched Hilton Gold to MSC Gold.

Going to give it a day or so before calling to get cruise re-priced. I just don't feel like waiting on hold again today.

I'm beginning to wonder if applying multiple times adds to the wait time and confusion.

Also interesting to note that many have found their status on their booking, without any email notification.  Perhaps many others who have posted that they never got their match did, indeed, get it.  If that's the case, applying over and over is only going to complicate matters -- and add to the time the MSC staff have to deal with other people's applications.

Someone recently posted that MSC's total staff in the US is 65 people. Sixty-five. No wonder they're behind. I think we might need to be a little more patient when 65 people are handling God-knows-how-many reservations.

• Like 1

I check my account daily and daily I cannot even see my status since I keep getting an error regarding my account number which I verified already with an MSC agent, my TA and the email they sent regarding my membership.

Nobody at MSC can help with the membership issues I am having when I call them, they refer to emailing the voyagers club.

I sent in status match for my wife and I about 5 weeks ago.

About 2 weeks ago a  voyagers club number was added to my booking for me, but it Gives an error message when you try to log in to voyagers club.

Today a number was added to the booking for my wife, but the same thing, the number does not work to log in to voyagers club.

I matched NCL Platinum and my wife was IHG Spire Elite but have no idea to what we were matched.

45 minutes ago, titangas said:

I sent in status match for my wife and I about 5 weeks ago.

About 2 weeks ago a  voyagers club number was added to my booking for me, but it Gives an error message when you try to log in to voyagers club.

Today a number was added to the booking for my wife, but the same thing, the number does not work to log in to voyagers club.

I matched NCL Platinum and my wife was IHG Spire Elite but have no idea to what we were matched.

NCL Platinum gets matched to Gold..  the same issue with the error coming up on my booking and I had already verified my number was correct... it's driving me batty! at least my husband was given Gold also and is the primary passenger so we can see the cruise booking under his account.

How did you make out on the phone.

I did a “dummy booking” and saw the savings on my cruise with the 15 + 5%.

Spent a lot of time with 2 reps on the phone and they could not switch the booking and or even see the the price I was getting online.

I am probably just going to book it myself online and then call and cancel the first booking and transfer the deposit towards it. It is NOT YC and final payment is not due yet, so no penalty. But it is over $250 in savings.

7 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Finally got my matched!  8.5 weeks of submitting online, emailing VC and  calling US Cust Service.  We didn't receive any emails, but I logged in today under my reservation and saw hubby and I are Gold!

Princess Platinum to MSC GOld.

Now I'm waiting on phone over 45 minutes so far to have my cruise repriced with VC discounts.  Our sailing is on the 5+15% off sale, so I'll hold for that!

1 minute ago, titangas said:

How did you make out on the phone.

I did a “dummy booking” and saw the savings on my cruise with the 15 + 5%.

Spent a lot of time with 2 reps on the phone and they could not switch the booking and or even see the the price I was getting online.

I am probably just going to book it myself online and then call and cancel the first booking and transfer the deposit towards it. It is NOT YC and final payment is not due yet, so no penalty. But it is over $250 in savings.

2 hours ago, titangas said:

I was on hold for over an hour and got disconnected.  That was not the main customer service number.  Then I called the main number and only held for 10 minutes.  The rep was nice and worked with someone backoffice right while I was on the phone and she repriced my cruise giving me the 5+15% Voyagers discount on the sailing.  I was happy. I saw everything updated right away online and then got a new booking email.

How do you know if the $50 onboard credit is applied?  Any way to tell before you are on board?

6 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I was on hold for over an hour and got disconnected.  That was not the main customer service number.  Then I called the main number and only held for 10 minutes.  The rep was nice and worked with someone backoffice right while I was on the phone and she repriced my cruise giving me the 5+15% Voyagers discount on the sailing.  I was happy. I saw everything updated right away online and then got a new booking email.

How do you know if the $50 onboard credit is applied?  Any way to tell before you are on board?

I can see my $50 in my account under the tab cruise details scroll to the bottom and I too just repriced my Jan cruise.

Edited by ISLABONITA
  • Thanks 1

Putting this out for future reference for anyone searching here later: 

I have already made final payment but still had no issue getting my cruise repriced with the 5% + 15% Voyages discount. The agent on the phone was helpful and had no issue doing it but I did have to specify that it was a 5% + 15% sailing, initially she was only going to re-price with the 5% discount. 

If you are past final payment the fare difference is not refunded to you but becomes an On Board Credit and shows up as an 'amount due' on the Payment and Price Details screen of the Cruise Details tab.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 8:27 PM, ISLABONITA said:

I can see my $50 in my account under the tab cruise details scroll to the bottom and I too just repriced my Jan cruise.

Is the $50 OBC per person/each Voyager Club passenger?  They only gave me one, and I notice my husband's VC number is missing from the Cruise Details.

47 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Is the $50 OBC per person/each Voyager Club passenger?  They only gave me one, and I notice my husband's VC number is missing from the Cruise Details.

It may be one per cabin, you'll have to ask them.. also about his VC number, mine was missing even after booking and is still incorrect when trying to log in, still waiting for Gold Status match.

1 hour ago, ISLABONITA said:

It may be one per cabin, you'll have to ask them.. also about his VC number, mine was missing even after booking and is still incorrect when trying to log in, still waiting for Gold Status match.

I found my answer:

The credit on board is meant per member and not per cabin and it will be applied to the final balance at the end of the cruise. 

This is good news as I'm holding to get this all straightened out.  For some reason my hubby is shown as a Female lol.

• Like 1