Cococay price increase

11 hours ago, mugtech said:

Can't wait to go to CocoCay and not spend any money.  Would be on an Oasis class ship, just take a look and then get back on the ship.  Heard it is hard to do everything on an Oasis class ship on one cruise, challenge accepted.

Great attitude....impossible goal... 

9 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

No doubt they will.  If I could afford to throw that kind of money around you can bet I wouldn't be sailing on the Mass Market cruise lines.

That's the part I don't understand. 

• Like 2

We'll (DH and I) be in CC in Nov on Harmony and our plan is to sit by the pool for a while and then sit on the beach as long as we can find shade.  Otherwise, the only money we'll spend will be on a drink or two.  I can see where families could spend a lot of money with the water park, etc.   We're also going to Labadee since we're doing a b2b and there we have rented a lounger for two (clamshell) for the shade.  Cabana's are way too expensive and we've been there when it's rained all day long and there is no refund for that so it's a lot of money to spend to sit and watch the rain.  It wasn't even a tropical storm, it was just a rainy day.  I think prices are more expensive when there are holidays, including summer because they know the demand will be there and people will pay for it, especially family groups.   

With all of these outrageous charges, I can understand how Royal Caribbean can afford to run the  Kids sail free promotion’s Without kids these facilities would mean nothing. The $1449 cabana price just about covers the 3rd and 4th passengers fare.

While you keep your money in the right pocket RC is digging into your left pocket 

Edited by Iamcruzin

Somebody has to pay for all the updates and as long as people keep paying the prices will increase. When I get to Coco Cay I will just get off (maybe) to look around and go back to the ship and enjoy the quiet. Not much of a beach person anyway

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

With all of these outrageous charges, I can understand how Royal Caribbean can afford to run the  Kids sail free promotion’s Without kids these facilities would mean nothing. The $1449 cabana price just about covers the 3rd and 4th passengers fare.

While you keep your money in the right pocket RC is digging into your left pocket 

Another gimmick. Kids sail free but 1st and 2nd passenger pay the price, along with the increase in prices on the private islands

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

No doubt they will.  If I could afford to throw that kind of money around you can bet I wouldn't be sailing on the Mass Market cruise lines.

For me I would probably still do Royal. I love the activities and the entertainment on board; we've looked at the smaller/ritzier ships briefly and many of them just seem so drab and formal.

Hotels are the same way. Unless we're going somewhere that has a hotel that's also an attraction (like Marina Bay Sands in Singapore) I'm much happier staying at a La Quinta or Best Western or similar than a Waldorf Astoria or Ritz Carlton. 

Generally for me there's a real sweet spot; not super cheap and crummy but also not super ritzy and stuffy. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Generally for me there's a real sweet spot; not super cheap and crummy but also not super ritzy and stuffy. 

Exactly why I like Royal.... I don't have to dress up in heels and pantyhose for dinner every single night and go to bed when the sun sets, but I'm also not sitting next to Billy Joe Jim Bob spitting his tobacco juice into a Mountain Dew bottle.  

• Like 1