Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

4 hours ago, richmke said:

Are you getting "registration failed" with the Ocean Ready, or the other Ocean apps? If the other Ocean Apps, I'm guessing they only work when you are on board the ship and connected to their wifi.

No....not with Ocean Ready......it's all fine and completed.  The "registration failed" is after I have downloaded the app onto my phone (seems to download perfectly)…..then you go into it and "join ocean" (I think that 's what it says), you have to then put in an e mail address and make a password, then your birthdate.  The next screen it shows the registration failed.

28 minutes ago, KG2019 said:

No....not with Ocean Ready......it's all fine and completed.  The "registration failed" is after I have downloaded the app onto my phone (seems to download perfectly)…..then you go into it and "join ocean" (I think that 's what it says), you have to then put in an e mail address and make a password, then your birthdate.  The next screen it shows the registration failed.

Can you go to "log in" instead of "join ocean" and use the same email and password you used for Ocean Ready?

July 26th will be our 2nd Mediallion cruise (1st was March 30th on Caribbean Princess). I ordered our Medallions on May 28th and Ocean Ready is STILL showing the status as “in processing”! I just called Princess and y’all will never believe the excuse that was given for why we haven’t received them yet. I need to give it another 2 weeks because their supply is low and they are waiting for a new shipment. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ When the lady came back on the phone to tell me what the man said I started laughing (& so did she)!! Yeah, right! Like Princess is going to let their inventory fall so low that they risk not being able to supply their passengers with them!! Talk about a ridiculous excuse!! The lady did tell me that the department who handles this doesn’t work on the weekends so I might want to call back during the week and try to speak with them...ya think??? 

Last time there here were no hiccups at all in the process for us so I’m thinking this is part of the app glitches several of you have mentioned.

Anyway, just thought I’d share and let all of y’all have a good laugh, too!

Marty

17 minutes ago, Love2cruise#2 said:

I ordered our Medallions on May 28th and Ocean Ready is STILL showing the status as “in processing”! I just called Princess and y’all will never believe the excuse that was given for why we haven’t received them yet. I need to give it another 2 weeks because their supply is low and they are waiting for a new shipment. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ When the lady came back on the phone to tell me what the man said I started laughing (& so did she)!! Yeah, right! Like Princess is going to let their inventory fall so low that they risk not being able to supply their passengers with them!! Talk about a ridiculous excuse!! 

Why is it so ridiculous that Princess would use a "just in time" (JIT) inventory replenishment formula for the Medallion? Especially as they need to somehow predict the separate demands for five different colors to reflect Captains Circle status.

Remember that the Medallion is not a Princess program--the whole idea came straight from the top of Carnival Corporation (and all the glitches in the execution should eventually cost CEO Arnold Donald his job). Princess Cruises just drew the short straw to be the first guinea pig. And isn't the customer-facing implementation the responsibility of the newly-created ocean.com affiliate in the first place? Perhaps your humor has been misplaced from the getgo. 

Edited by fishywood

On 6/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, AZ Stan (FKA Stan in Chicago) said:

If Ocean Ready shows your personalizer is not complete, even though it appears that way on your PC, scroll down for the personalizer on your phone, and make sure all the required check boxes are indeed checked.  That should do the trick.

I've never seen any check boxes on the personalizer guest check-in page. But everything says "Complete" and our names have green backgrounds.

5 hours ago, idahospud said:

Can you go to "log in" instead of "join ocean" and use the same email and password you used for Ocean Ready?

Ok that worked!!!  So apparently for Ocean Ready you can use same password and e mail, and log in from 2 different phones.  For Play Ocean, you need 2 separate e mails.  For Ocean Now, use log in from Ocean Ready.

Now to download the other apps!

8 minutes ago, KG2019 said:

Ok that worked!!!  So apparently for Ocean Ready you can use same password and e mail, and log in from 2 different phones.  For Play Ocean, you need 2 separate e mails.  For Ocean Now, use log in from Ocean Ready.

Now to download the other apps!

Great!!!  Now for Ocean Compass I also used the same email and password. 

Edited by idahospud

2 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Great!!!  Now for Ocean Compass I also used the same email and password. 

Ok......I say it worked, but its only for DH...….I guess I log in with his e mail and password, but it's like it's him that's logged in, not me...….

Ok I used the separate log in I made for Play Ocean and that worked...…..

Soooooo………  

Ocean Ready - can be same e mail and password for 2 people (or more I guess) and 2 different phones

Play Ocean, Ocean Now and Ocean Compass- 2 separate e mails

Edited by KG2019

Just now, KG2019 said:

Same with Ocean Compass......I can log in but it's like it's him.  His picture and name at the top.  Here again, I'm guessing I need a separate log in, just like on Play Ocean, but the app won't let me, just says Fail Registration.

Guess I will have to wait till I board.

Use your second email and password that you set up to get to your screen. If you each want to order food and drinks on your own you will each need your own log in for Ocean Now. If you want to find each other on the ship you will each need a separate log in for Ocean Compass, too. All his log ins can be the same across the apps, then all yours will be the second email and log ins across the apps. 

Clear as mud?

Hi. I have read through this and other threads and I think I have it nailed but just a couple of hopefully simple questions if I may-

- is the Ocean Ready app used at all after you set it up for check in. If it isn't does it really save any time in checking in at the pier.

- is there any app needed to access the net on a medallion cruise, or is accessing the net similar to the past when you opened up princess@sea and there was an option to connect. For example does your device wi-fi pick up the site you need to connect to and you just login using that, not needing any app to do so.

- I don't wish to track my wife wherever she might be and I'm happy to order drinks from a bar or a mobile waiter so I'm not sure if any of the apps are that useful, although I generally use an app to check daily activities and account balances.

- I certainly don't want to carry my phone or tablet everywhere I go on the ship and usually check info etc when I am in my cabin.

I know most of the info is out there but I'm probably at info overload and should probably just wait until I start my cruise in a few weeks and take it from there.  

9 hours ago, idahospud said:

Use your second email and password that you set up to get to your screen. If you each want to order food and drinks on your own you will each need your own log in for Ocean Now. If you want to find each other on the ship you will each need a separate log in for Ocean Compass, too. All his log ins can be the same across the apps, then all yours will be the second email and log ins across the apps. 

Clear as mud?

Ha....yes!  It's just a shame they don't really give you instruction.  Thanks for all your help!

8 hours ago, leck57 said:

Hi. I have read through this and other threads and I think I have it nailed but just a couple of hopefully simple questions if I may-

- is the Ocean Ready app used at all after you set it up for check in. If it isn't does it really save any time in checking in at the pier.

- is there any app needed to access the net on a medallion cruise, or is accessing the net similar to the past when you opened up princess@sea and there was an option to connect. For example does your device wi-fi pick up the site you need to connect to and you just login using that, not needing any app to do so.

- I don't wish to track my wife wherever she might be and I'm happy to order drinks from a bar or a mobile waiter so I'm not sure if any of the apps are that useful, although I generally use an app to check daily activities and account balances.

- I certainly don't want to carry my phone or tablet everywhere I go on the ship and usually check info etc when I am in my cabin.

I know most of the info is out there but I'm probably at info overload and should probably just wait until I start my cruise in a few weeks and take it from there.  

I'm with you on the whole idea of the Medallion.  Having read this and the longer thread and watched the videos, I just cannot justify the time and trouble to be Ocean Ready when I can just show up at the pier and get a medallion for the cruise.  So what if it takes a little extra time at the pier to check in - compared to how much it will take to be Ocean Ready in advance?

I, too, prefer to order my drinks from the bar or a roaming waiter and like to make a little eye contact and chit chat with the crew.  A small bill or two folded around my cruise card works wonders for better pours and better brands of Scotch.

I do not need to track She Who Must Be Obeyed - she usually turns up sooner or later.  I do not need to gamble with my own device.  I do not need my door to unlock as I approach my cabin and I want to make sure the door is locked when I leave.

My cruise friends and I, none of whom have first experience yet, see this as a whiz-bang, gee whiz, program dreamed up by some young techies who have never cruise trying to justify their jobs in the IT department.  Time, customer feedback, and bottom line financials will tell the story.

I too have the orange exclamation mark next to the cruise personalizer circle. I couldn’t see any check marks on the personalizer when it opened up on my phone when hitting the circle. I took a look at the personalizer on a PC and everything looks OK. I’m still greater than 75 days out, so can’t d/l the boarding pass, so I’ll wait till closer to my sail date to see if Ocean Ready flips to green.

I’m not sure how much time it’s going to save me though. For travel documents, I was given the option to enter my green card details, or my passport. I figured that I would load my passport first and then enter the green card information. I was able to scan the passport and verify the info and capture a photo, but it then went onto the headshot photo with no option to enter the green card info. I then got a message stating that I may need a visa. I’m guessing that I’ll need to show the green card at the check in desk.

I have read this thread and still do not understand the problem I am having.  On the Ocean Ready app, I can log in.  As for my personal information, I can input it all except my zip code - it will not register the numbers for some god forsaken reason.  As well, trying to add a reservation, I put in my booking number then the app will not let me click on anything else such as DOB.  Any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, cruise2relax said:

I have read this thread and still do not understand the problem I am having.  On the Ocean Ready app, I can log in.  As for my personal information, I can input it all except my zip code - it will not register the numbers for some god forsaken reason.  As well, trying to add a reservation, I put in my booking number then the app will not let me click on anything else such as DOB.  Any suggestions?

I'd say try updating your information at ocean.com and instead of updating in the app?

14 minutes ago, idahospud said:

I'd say try updating your information at ocean.com and instead of updating in the app?

Thanks - that helped.  Still would not let me link the upcoming cruise.  Final payment made and a  fellow traveler was able to add and able to order the medallion.  Frustrated.

31 minutes ago, cruise2relax said:

Thanks - that helped.  Still would not let me link the upcoming cruise.  Final payment made and a  fellow traveler was able to add and able to order the medallion.  Frustrated.

Any chance the journey is already linked in the app? I wish I could see what your screen showed and I could probably be of more help. 

6 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Any chance the journey is already linked in the app? I wish I could see what your screen showed and I could probably be of more help. 

I was able to do most things online except the security photo and passport scan.  Went back to the app, did the profile pic, set pin and now it will not me go to "next" which I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, is the security pic and scan of passport.  "ocean ready" and "my journeys" are not highlighted as options on the app.  

37 minutes ago, cruise2relax said:

I was able to do most things online except the security photo and passport scan.  Went back to the app, did the profile pic, set pin and now it will not me go to "next" which I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, is the security pic and scan of passport.  "ocean ready" and "my journeys" are not highlighted as options on the app.  

What about the personal information section in the app? Is there anything missing from there? I found I had to go back and forth between ocean.com, the app, and the personalizer. It is frustrating for sure! I've already done several Medallion voyages and am contemplating not even getting Ocean Ready for my next one. The length of time it takes to get Ocean Ready is way beyond the few minutes it would have saved me at the port during check in. 

Believe it or not, what was required was for me to log out of the app and log back in, all the information was now there and was able to link voyage and complete the process.  While I enjoy technology, Princess has some serious work to do making this process more user friendly.  

4 hours ago, idahospud said:

I've already done several Medallion voyages and am contemplating not even getting Ocean Ready for my next one. The length of time it takes to get Ocean Ready is way beyond the few minutes it would have saved me at the port during check in. 

I was wondering about that myself and since you have a fair bit of experience I am thinking to just wait until I get to the port.

As you are well experienced with the Medallion process can you answer this for me. I have purchased the unlimited internet package for our upcoming Alaska cruise - is there any app needed to access the net on a medallion cruise, or is accessing the net similar to the past when you opened up princess@sea and there was an option to connect. For example does your device wi-fi pick up the site you need to connect to and you just login using that, not needing any app to do so.

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I was wondering about that myself and since you have a fair bit of experience I am thinking to just wait until I get to the port.

As you are well experienced with the Medallion process can you answer this for me. I have purchased the unlimited internet package for our upcoming Alaska cruise - is there any app needed to access the net on a medallion cruise, or is accessing the net similar to the past when you opened up princess@sea and there was an option to connect. For example does your device wi-fi pick up the site you need to connect to and you just login using that, not needing any app to do so.

Cheers.

No app is needed for the internet. Yay!

I encountered a problem today when I attempted to use my Samsung (older model phone) to go into the Ocean Ready App to request the mailing of my medallion.   The MY JOURNEY page appears on the screen, but it is completely dead/non-functional. The other portions of the app do open and function.  I was told I must use the phone as this feature is not available on the PC version

I did call the special navigator line at Princess.  All they could do is make a note and they will supposedly call me back.  I successfully used the app on this phone to order my medallion to be shipped to my home for the cruise I just completed the first week of June.

Has anyone else had the MY JOURNEY portion not function for them?  Did you have success in getting it to work?  What fixed it?

Edited by hpeabody