Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

On 8/6/2019 at 8:22 AM, TW6cruiser said:

We ordered our medallions/accessories on July 7th for our August 17th cruise.  Princess did not really process my order until July 23 when it showed up on my credit card.  We leave the US on the 14th.  Fed Ex tells me in the Fed Ex tracker that I am to get the package tomorrow (Aug 7th) but the package is still in Asia.  My Ocean ready app now tells me the items will be available at the port.  So far I am not impressed.  It is one less thing to pack but now I'm just annoyed that we ordered them in plenty of time and now they are not here. 

Update...ours came today.  We leave on Wednesday for the cruise on Sat.  

We don't leave for our cruise on the Crown until April 2020. However, I have been playing with the Ocean Ready app on my Samsung Galaxy S9. I cannot and dont expect to be able to add our cruise to the app at this time, however,  it allows me to put in my personal information and profile photo. My problem is that it allows entry of all fields except the zipcode field. It will not accept numbers, only letters. Numbers can be entered in address fields, phone numbers, just not zip codes. Anyone else have this issue? Where is the best place to report this issue?

3 minutes ago, MountainEER74 said:

We don't leave for our cruise on the Crown until April 2020. However, I have been playing with the Ocean Ready app on my Samsung Galaxy S9. I cannot and dont expect to be able to add our cruise to the app at this time, however,  it allows me to put in my personal information and profile photo. My problem is that it allows entry of all fields except the zipcode field. It will not accept numbers, only letters. Numbers can be entered in address fields, phone numbers, just not zip codes. Anyone else have this issue? Where is the best place to report this issue?

I've got a nearly identical problem on my Galaxy S8. Only difference is I can't enter anything at all in the zip code field. And because I can't enter the zip code, I am not able to save any of the address information. I, too, am not in a hurry as I don't cruise until next summer, but I contacted Ocean Medallion via its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OceanMedallion/ . Last Tuesday they told me this: "Our technical team has been running tests on the app for Android devices to pinpoint the issue you are experiencing. They suggested, if you haven’t done so already, to crash and reinstall the app. Otherwise, we will have a new app update in a couple of weeks that will be well worth the wait, if you don’t mind waiting."  I've tried reinstalling a couple of times with no luck. I plan to try again once they update. If that doesn't work, I am ready to upgrade my phone in November; perhaps that will do the trick.

I started to do our Ocean Ready last night, and learned a few things:

*For some reason it was already filled in with names, address, etc once I entered our booking #.

*It completed the request to mail the medallions before I uploaded our passport pictures.

*It already had our profile pictures from our medallion cruise on the Caribbean Princess, which was before Ocean Ready.

*I was able to enter the info for my husband on my phone as well.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MountainEER74 said:

We are in the process of fixing this issue and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. In the meantime, feel free use www.ocean.com to create your profile. 

12 hours ago, donswife said:

I started to do our Ocean Ready last night, and learned a few things:

*For some reason it was already filled in with names, address, etc once I entered our booking #.

*It completed the request to mail the medallions before I uploaded our passport pictures.

*It already had our profile pictures from our medallion cruise on the Caribbean Princess, which was before Ocean Ready.

*I was able to enter the info for my husband on my phone as well.

@donswife You're going to be pleased at how easy embarkation day will be now that you're OceanReady.

While completing all the steps in the OceanReady process - Ocean Profile creation, Passport scan/picture, adding security photo, selecting a Pin code and adding a profile picture, and ordering your Medallion - helps to significantly expedite embarkation,  all that's required to have your Medallions shipped home before your voyage is to create an Ocean Profile and order your Medallions/Accessories by confirming your shipping address at least 12 days before you sail.

Medallions then are shipped 7 to 28 days before your cruise, even if you place your order months in advance. 

Did you know you can get OceanReady as many as six months in advance (Sky Princess reservations will be accessible in OceanReady soon) or as close in as the day of embarkation on your way and still enjoy expedited arrival? If you get OceanReady 11 days or closer to your voyage, your Medallions will be waiting for you at the port.

Best of all, OceanReady becomes an even bigger time saver for guests who sail frequently because it retains your information.  So that all you have to do to for future MedallionClass sailings is link your booking number, confirm that your passport is still the travel doc you want to use, and confirm your address for Medallions/Accessories shipment or request to pick them up at the port.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Best of all, OceanReady becomes an even bigger time saver for guests who sail frequently because it retains your information.  So that all you have to do to for future MedallionClass sailings is link your booking number, confirm that your passport is still the travel doc you want to use, and confirm your address for Medallions/Accessories shipment or request to pick them up at the port.

I can confirm how easy it was second time around. Everything was in OceanReady from my last MedallionClass cruise. Just a couple clicks to confirm and I was set. Medallion was delivered, ready to go for next week. Easy peasy the second time around, for sure!

6 hours ago, paul929207 said:

I just received an Email from Princess. It said the Medallion would be delivered on August 19. We are scheduled to board the Crown Princess on August 29.

It’s good to know they’re sending them out on time.

Tony

I received an email 2 days before our cruise saying that our medallions has been mailed. This is incorrect as we live in Australia where they are not mailed, and even if they were they would not have arrived in time. We were on the Princess cruise tour when the email arrived.

5 hours ago, leck57 said:

I received an email 2 days before our cruise saying that our medallions has been mailed. This is incorrect as we live in Australia where they are not mailed, and even if they were they would not have arrived in time. We were on the Princess cruise tour when the email arrived.

Your correct the Medallions are not mailed to Australia 🇦🇺. At Princess sometimes the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. 😳 

Tony

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 2:08 PM, paul929207 said:

I just received an Email from Princess. It said the Medallion would be delivered on August 19. We are scheduled to board the Crown Princess on August 29.

Great to hear. We should be getting ours next week then  (I hope) for our 09/04 sailing.

I checked in into Medallion app fine, was able to do photos and order Medallion , but cannot create account for remaining apps on my phone.

I decided to use ocean.com and getting this error while trying to create account

image.png.df3ab29a54b90cd907e3cab4c4b11216.png

I already checked in via princess.com

What am I doing wrong?

4 hours ago, Tatka said:

I checked in into Medallion app fine, was able to do photos and order Medallion , but cannot create account for remaining apps on my phone.

I decided to use ocean.com and getting this error while trying to create account

image.png.df3ab29a54b90cd907e3cab4c4b11216.png

I already checked in via princess.com

What am I doing wrong?

There is now only one app - called MedallionClass. Currently only available on iOS devices but coming to Android soon. Check out the info here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2686541-exciting-ocean-medallion-app-news/page/5/?tab=comments&source=122648#comment-58139766

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bingobunny14 said:

ok I was wondering my cruise on emerald princess is in april 2020 is that too far out for me to get my ipad ready for the medalion( ocean ready)...It does not reconize my booking number.

If you look at post 208 above from the medallion team.  Six months looks like the norm to be able to link your reservation.  Somewhere down the road, you most likely will be able to link all your reservations to the app

10 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If you look at post 208 above from the medallion team.  Six months looks like the norm to be able to link your reservation.  Somewhere down the road, you most likely will be able to link all your reservations to the app

I recommend getting the Medallion Class App as soon as possible. Just in case you have a few problems.

Tony

23 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

For help with the Ocean Medallion app. I called this (Princess) number 1-844-525-0942 the people are very helpful and they will answer all your questions about the Ocean Medallion & Medallion Class app. 

Tony

Do you happen to know their business hours?  Not sure if they are the same as the reservation customer service team.

22 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Do you happen to know their business hours?  Not sure if they are the same as the reservation customer service team.

Hi Mr. G.

I’m not sure what their business hours are Sorry.  I live in Boston and called around 3 p.m. and someone always answered.

Tony

I understand the security photo but have a question about the profile photo.  Can it be a cute picture of our pet or does it have to be a picture of my husband and myself? Is it displayed on the screen outside your door?  Not sure I want my picture outside my door.  

Second question.  When you leave your cabin and close your door how can you make sure it is locked? If you walk back to check the medallion will open it again I presume.  I always lie to try the handle to make sure it is locked.  

Thanks for any answers!