MCC on Summit ????

Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Boarding Sunday, this is what I got from Eric the shoreside concierge:

Retreat Concierges-  Rhiannon and Mike 
Retreat Suite Manger- Joana

Thanks for you quick reply. 

21 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Steer clear of Rhiannon.  The worst concierge I have ever experienced in nearly 40 cruises.

Please elaborate.  We board in a few weeks and would like to be prepared (should she still be onboard).

And if possible, why are there two concierges?  Pre-revolution, there was only one.  Hopefully, this is better, as numerous times, there was no concierge staffing the desk..

Edited by philpcruiser

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:41 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Boarding Sunday, this is what I got from Eric the shoreside concierge:

Retreat Concierges-  Rhiannon and Mike 
Retreat Suite Manger- Joana

Hi fellow North Carolinian, Hope you will post your experience in The New Retreat Lounge (old Michael's Club)

once you are onboard the Summit.  We will be on the Summit in September and haven't been able to determine

whether or not there is still a Concierge Desk located in The Retreat Lounge.  Thanks, Mike and Mary

14 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Please elaborate.  We board in a few weeks and would like to be prepared (should she still be onboard).

And if possible, why are there two concierges?  Pre-revolution, there was only one.  Hopefully, this is better, as numerous times, there was no concierge staffing the desk..

Also interesting to hear about how Rhiannon let you down.

Re: 2 MCC's  -  I believe the reason for that is they would have one staff the Retreat and the other cover Michael's Club.   Since I will not be on a post revolution M-Class for another week, I am just speculating

We just disembarked and Mike, Rhiannon and Joana were indeed our Suite Concierge team. All three of them were very friendly and visible. We didn't need to use their services much but what few requests we made were done quickly with a smile.

55 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Also interesting to hear about how Rhiannon let you down.

Re: 2 MCC's  -  I believe the reason for that is they would have one staff the Retreat and the other cover Michael's Club.   Since I will not be on a post revolution M-Class for another week, I am just speculating

I too am interested in what was wrong with Rhiannon. We have never experienced her as our concierge (although she was supposed to be our concierge last year but Sheila came back early). Since we will be on board at the end of June, any input would be greatly appreciated.

We met Rhiannon on our March sailing.  While waiting to check in she introduced herself and carried on a pleasant conversation.  Extended her willingness to see that we had a wonderful sailing.  We thought that she was lovely.

Joana was the Suite Manager and she was exceptional.  Very approachable and made her presence known in both suite areas, always checking that we were having a great cruise.   There was an issue with our shower and she always made certain to keep us updated on the progress being made.  

There was a third person, but her name escapes me.  We found them all to be a wonderful team!

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I don’t think that a Concierge is stationed at the Retreat Deck

Rhiannon and Mike were frequently up on the Retreat Deck (separately, while the other one was presumably staffing the Lounge downstairs), especially during prime times. The main Retreat Deck staffers who helped us were Silas and Glow, although we saw many other throughout the week. Service on the deck was very good to excellent, and prompt even at busy times. 

• Like 3

On 5/26/2019 at 1:01 PM, djh said:

I too am interested in what was wrong with Rhiannon. We have never experienced her as our concierge (although she was supposed to be our concierge last year but Sheila came back early). Since we will be on board at the end of June, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Same here. @goldsmip115 I see you pm'd the OP but if she really is that problematic hopefully you have information you would be willing to share publicly?