Can I tag along thru Priority Boarding?

2 hours ago, Beav1279 said:

No need to be snarky. My mom sometimes needs help walking long distances and I thought I could help her, if they'd let me... I'm not trying to skip the line "just because".

The walk will be the same distance regardless of when she boards.  She can certainly  board with you for assistance.   My mom uses a cane but we ordered a wheelchair for boarding and disembarkation.  We were on a small ship and she could manage once  on board. 

Looks like you are taking a large ship, you might consider renting a chair for her to maneuver the ship and  on shore.  By the way, if you arrive after 11:30 or so, the first rush will be over and you can simply boards as you please.

Good  luck

6 hours ago, Beav1279 said:

Hi all!

My DH and I will be traveling to Alaska next summer with my parents. They have booked a Jr. Suite and we're in the balcony room right next door (on Ovation). I've read that because they are in a suite, they will have priority boarding. Can DH and I tag along with them or do we have to wait? Thank you for your wisdom!!

Boarding OV in Vancouver they didn't have priority boarding. Maybe Seattle will be better.

No one was checking Sea Passes when we boarded in Miami yesterday. Had early boarding with The Key but no one checked to verify that we had it when we walked through with the high-status cruisers who were called at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have found that if you get to the terminal early the wait times are non-existant. We had priority boarding while our friends did not but were able to board together as we got to the terminal early. Enjoy your cruise. Alaska is amazing!

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 4:20 PM, klfrodo said:

Why can’t mom board with you rather than you board during Priority?

Im sorry mom has issues. That gives her privileges that she has earned and/or deserves. Not the entire family.

If that is snarky, I’ll take it. Better than entitled.

Sometimes people are asking questions to get information, not because they are feeling entitled to special treatment.. perhaps the OPs mother asked him and he thought people here might know the answer.  If that’s accommodating or being kind, I’ll take it.  Better than rude. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

Sometimes people are asking questions to get information, not because they are feeling entitled to special treatment.. perhaps the OPs mother asked him and he thought people here might know the answer.  If that’s accommodating or being kind, I’ll take it.  Better than rude. 

Thank you.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:00 AM, Beav1279 said:

No need to be snarky. My mom sometimes needs help walking long distances and I thought I could help her, if they'd let me... I'm not trying to skip the line "just because".

I don't think it unreasonable for a family wanting to board together.  Certainly doesn't hurt to ask, and I for one would have not issues whatsoever if the answer is yes.   

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I don't think it unreasonable for a family wanting to board together.  Certainly doesn't hurt to ask, and I for one would have not issues whatsoever if the answer is yes.   

Thank you. I appreciate your comment.

In Port Everglades last week. We rode the shuttle with friends that we cruise with. We went in the Suites/Pinnacle/and Key door. They went with everyone else(they are D+). We were finished checking in exactly 2 minutes before they were. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

In Port Everglades last week. We rode the shuttle with friends that we cruise with. We went in the Suites/Pinnacle/and Key door. They went with everyone else(they are D+). We were finished checking in exactly 2 minutes before they were. 

Check in has nothing to do with boarding.

13 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

Check in has nothing to do with boarding.

You walk through the doors. Go through security,. Then get you check in and get your sea pass/picture taken. Then you walk on the ship. What part is not boarding?

The difference between us and our friends was 2 minutes. 

Edited by rt1092

On 5/25/2019 at 1:24 PM, klfrodo said:

Brave person to ask.

I couldn’t even begin to think I might be eligible for that entitlement.

Can my wife and I join you guys in the priority line? We have an inside cabin, but what heck, right?

Why not ask?

Airlines allow this.  Traveling companions can board with the higher level person.  I do this all the time with my SO or my boss when traveling together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rt1092 said:

You walk through the doors. Go through security,. Then get you check in and get your sea pass/picture taken. Then you walk on the ship. What part is not boarding?

The difference between us and our friends was 2 minutes. 

What part Is priority boarding?

I agree that there was nothing wrong with asking this question about boarding.  I was wondering the same thing.  When we fly as a family we always board together with my husband’s group.  This seems to be the norm at the airport.

I’m sure there are many families traveling with a suite and a non suite room.  That will be the case for our family of four.  While I am perfectly prepared to all board in the regular line based on our C&A group, if the suite line was an option for us I would use it. I agree it was brave of the OP to ask.  NOT because of a sense of entitlement, but for braving the near certain criticism of others here.  I wish more people would just answer with polite information.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 2:25 PM, Beav1279 said:

Thank you for the suggestion! I wasn't sure if I could request a wheelchair or not. My mom doesn't use a walker or cane but after her knee replacement, she has to take it slower than she used to. I worry about her walking all the way from the terminal to the ship without a break. Do I call the terminal beforehand? Or just request one when we arrive? Thanks!

We just caught the first crew member we saw when arriving at terminal in Miami.  My 90 year old Dad was in need of a wheelchair to make boarding a bit easier for him.  A crew member came and scooped him up.  We followed.  We told them we would wait in our section, we are Emerald, the folks are Diamond+.  The crew member said to follow along and we did.  So helpful when you are trying to manage elderly parents and luggage.  I think some situations require a bit of understanding, we would wait our turn if it was just the 2 of us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

What part Is priority boarding?

With priority boarding in Ft Lauderdale,  you go in a door to the left there is a short or no line to go through security check, then there is a Suites/Pinnacle checkin , no waiting.

Only minutes shorter than regular boarding

9 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

With priority boarding in Ft Lauderdale,  you go in a door to the left there is a short or no line to go through security check, then there is a Suites/Pinnacle checkin , no waiting.

Only minutes shorter than regular boarding

Again, that is check in...not boarding. 2 totally different things.

On 5/27/2019 at 4:34 PM, ldubs said:

We prefer not to separate, and don't see the need to do so.   We don't need priority boarding that bad...we just stay with the family that does not cruise in suites or is in a lower C&A level than we are.  No big deal, we will all get on at some point...and it is only minutes apart anyway.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We prefer not to separate, and don't see the need to do so.   We don't need priority boarding that bad...we just stay with the family that does not cruise in suites or is in a lower C&A level than we are.  No big deal, we will all get on at some point...and it is only minutes apart anyway.  

Yeah, I agree with that too.  Best not to stress over things either way, IMO.  

Thank you for asking this question.  I was wondering myself how this would work when we are boarding for our Liberty of the Seas cruise in July 2020.  We have a 2 bedroom grand suite and my aunt is in the regular room next to us.  I was hoping she might be able to board with us as we have been able to have non-suite guests board with us on other cruise lines.