You might try sending an email to help@cruisecritic.com. Perhaps include a screen grab.

In my experience an ad blocker is needed to prevent this sort of malware. It seems that sites have a very difficult time filtering out this sort of malicious content.

2 hours ago, broberts said:

You might try sending an email to help@cruisecritic.com. Perhaps include a screen grab.

In my experience an ad blocker is needed to prevent this sort of malware. It seems that sites have a very difficult time filtering out this sort of malicious content.

I had to install ad blocker today, they are still getting through, I would rather not disable java script. It makes the site unusable on an android. I was about to tap something and the ad popped in and I tapped it. I have cleaned my phone and its a real PITA. The ads have a ssl cert from cloudflare

4 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

I had to install ad blocker today, they are still getting through, I would rather not disable java script. It makes the site unusable on an android. I was about to tap something and the ad popped in and I tapped it. I have cleaned my phone and its a real PITA. The ads have a ssl cert from cloudflare

I was using CC on an iPhone with Chrome. The best ad blockers seem to be Safari only, so I am moving my browsing here to Safari. What do I want to configure to avoid this issue?

On my "full systems" I use ublock origin which catches this stuff. I was on my Android phone, which really doesn't have good choices as of yet.

However, I still feel the powers that be need to know this is happening so they can yell at the ad network.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

On my "full systems" I use ublock origin which catches this stuff. I was on my Android phone, which really doesn't have good choices as of yet.

However, I still feel the powers that be need to know this is happening so they can yell at the ad network.

I am using Ad block plus on my android https://adblockplus.org/android-install

2 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

We’re going to bring this up and see what if anything can be done on our end 

Jenn,

Here are some screenshots I took

Screenshot_20190525-202842_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0127810e4d4318bac300d23fe91ceb0b.jpg

Screenshot_20190525-202825_Chrome.thumb.jpg.401a3eff39850f7137515fffad80170e.jpg

Screenshot_20190525-202640_Chrome.thumb.jpg.52e46840169573a3e3a7c0f2e12ab42e.jpg

Screenshot_20190525-151844_Chrome.thumb.jpg.21a5cbd33dc2e04fb8b6682b867f229a.jpg

All you can do is close the chrome browser.

6 minutes ago, broberts said:

@AlanF65, ouch! Does adblockplus catch this stuff on your phone?

Not all of them  in Chrome, you have to use their browser, I will probably just use desktop for now, don't feel like changing browsers for 1 site. I may start using FF on my phone or add CC to tapatalk, chrome is just so simple to use and post photos and screenshots is a breeze. There was a live review of our 11 day last week on Ovation and lots of people contributed and uploaded photos. Its so simple in chrome on an android. This started when I got home Friday nite / Saturday morning.

Edited by AlanF65
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Thank you for the screenshots… They are extremely helpfulThank you for the screenshots… They are extremely helpful