High Seas Heist - if your ship has it ... do it!

BuckeyeMark

On 5/27/2019 at 7:27 AM, BuckeyeMark said:

Quick answers to some questions above:

we really enjoyed it.  we just thought Princess had done a great job with it and it was super fun.  and now we need to find Joe Kenda's show "Homicide Hunters" so we can see how our "mentor" is doing!

Thanks for the info, we are looking forward to finding this on our next cruise; and we have been fans of Joe Kenda for awhile now.  Princess even does cruises with him on board, next one up is Oct. 2019 Regal Princess.  Also we find his show on "investigation discovery"  channel 104.  

12 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

Is this a new game to Princess?  I don't see any other posts about it.  It would be great if all ships could add new entertainment like this.  I'm so tired of Bingo, Trivia, Bingo, Trivia, Bingo, Trivia and the same production shows for years and years.  We will be on the Grand this summer again and someone just posted the May Patters.  Stardust....again.  British Invasion.....again.  Uuuggghhh.  Those shows aren't even on Princess's website anymore and haven't been for a long time. I really thought with booking a cruise this year, I would finally be able to see a new show like "Born to Dance", "The Secret Silk" and/or "Encore."  Is it up to the cruise director if he/she wants to go beyond the basics?  When will they change things up on the Grand?

They did Born to Dance on the Grand in November 16.

Edited by jwattle

3 hours ago, nf5894 said:

We had it on our recent Alaska cruise on the Star. Although it wasn't of much interest to me, a lot of people on the ship did seem to take part. I do think it was the first time it had been done by this particular staff though as there did seem to be a few 'glitches'. I do like that Princess are trying out new things like this. Here is the part of my review that was about the High Seas heist :-

They had a new event on board which lasted for about 5 days that was called "High Seas Heist". It was like a mystery type event where you had to solve various clues and work out who was 'guilty'. It seems like Princess has teamed up with Joe Kenda and this is going to be a regular thing on some ships as Joe appeared in many of the video clues.  It was a popular event as a lot of people took part but there are definitely some things about it that need to be fine-tuned by Princess if it is going to become a regular thing. The day before it started was a port day and the majority of passengers were off the ship. However there were a few of us on-board including myself and my oldest son who were sitting near the explorers lounge around lunchtime. There were a few other passengers there too. The entertainment staff did a rehearsal for the High Seas Heist event in the explorers lounge and went through all of the clues, eventually giving out the final answer. I hope this was because it was such a new event and they won't do this on every future cruise in a public area.  My son and I had no intention of taking part so we were not too bothered about it. However, to cut a very long story short, when the event ended only 1 team had the correct answer. It just so happened to be a couple who were sitting by my son and I when the rehearsal was happening so they knew the answer before it even started. A lot of people invested a lot of time into the game and were very angry at the outcome. I talked to a few of them and they said that it was impossible to work out the answer from the clues that they were given. The 'winning' couple had told these people that they didn't do any of the work on the clues and that they just guessed the answer! Obviously we know that it wasn't a guess as they'd seen the answer given out at the rehearsal.  As I said earlier there were a LOT of people upset about this game so if Princess are going to continue with it there are some things that need to be done better - including not giving out the answer in a rehearsal that's being done in a public area!

That would really annoy me also.  I don't mind losing but I hate losing to a cheater! I don't understand how you can enjoy winning something when you have done nothing to deserve it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nf5894 said:

As I said earlier there were a LOT of people upset about this game so if Princess are going to continue with it there are some things that need to be done better - including not giving out the answer in a rehearsal that's being done in a public area!

Maybe they should change the game every cruise. 😉

I found the answers on another board just by looking around so it won't be long before everyone on the ship knows them.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 3:49 PM, MissP22 said:

Maybe they should change the game every cruise. 😉

I found the answers on another board just by looking around so it won't be long before everyone on the ship knows them.

One would hope they could vary things a bit. I did the Escape Room on one cruise and found out it was the exact same thing on another cruise we took. If people are "giving away the answer" it seems like it would quickly become totally lame. We wanted to try this on our last cruise but missed the first meeting so figured it would be no use trying. As for them having clues and such on the Wake Show... I watched it every day and never saw a thing about this game mentioned.

42 minutes ago, Thrak said:

One would hope they could vary things a bit. I did the Escape Room on one cruise and found out it was the exact same thing on another cruise we took. If people are "giving away the answer" it seems like it would quickly become totally lame. We wanted to try this on our last cruise but missed the first meeting so figured it would be no use trying. As for them having clues and such on the Wake Show... I watched it every day and never saw a thing about this game mentioned.

I've had it on 2 cruises so far & they didn't change it.

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I've had it on 2 cruises so far & they didn't change it.

If High Seas Heist is the same on every cruise then I sincerely hope the person who gave the solution above wasn't telling the truth. I can't imagine why anybody would actually want to ruin it for others.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

If High Seas Heist is the same on every cruise then I sincerely hope the person who gave the solution above wasn't telling the truth. I can't imagine why anybody would actually want to ruin it for others.

It is like when you are standing in line to enter a movie and someone coming out gives away the ending. It is a feeling of power. I hope every hint listed here was a joke.

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

Why? No answers were posted to ruin it. 

Only that the perpetrators are the same for every cruise, so far.

It's time that they change the plot around to make it more challenging.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:47 PM, BuckeyeMark said:

I'm going to post this because we thoroughly enjoyed the High Seas Heist last week on the CB, but I don't think it's well publicized or explained.   It rec'd a note in the schedule of the Patters in the roll of daily events but I wasn't really sure what it was.  Even when I got there (in the Explorer's Lounge) I wasn't sure it wasn't a jewelry sale!  It is not.  It's a very well executed game of Clue.  The story line is that there has been a crime on the Princess ship and you need to solve it.  You get an evidence packet and some clues to start.  Each day you do a check in and get more clues and some kind of task to complete - like a crossword puzzle - which if you complete you get more clues.  Going along with this there are videos you see each day as part of the Wake Show.  All of this is supervised by the famous Joe Kenda of the TV show "Homicide Hunter."  He gives you daily briefings (by video).  Follow the clues and decide who the culprit or culprits is!

It's a blast to play.  And, if you win (cough, cough, we solved the case and won) you get some nice Princess swag.

So if you're sailing with Princess and you see this in your Patters. .. GIVE IT A TRY!  I'm sure you'll love it!

just curious,. but you said you checked in each day.  Is it kind of run like the olympics were - sea days only?  We love to participate in that sort of game.  Thanks

I hadn’t heard of this before.  Our last cruise was on the Royal in April.  It sounds like fun so I’m going to look for it when we’re sail on the Sky in March.  Hope they have it.  

2 hours ago, KG2019 said:

OP says they were onboard the CB.....what is the CB?  Thanks

CB = Caribbean Princess

Princess has abbreviations for all of their ships. The abbreviation is actually shown in the URL when you look at the ship online. They aren't necessarily what one might think. You might think Caribbean Princess would be CP but that is actually the abbreviation for Sea Princess.

Princess Ship Abbreviations

CB - Caribbean Princess
CO - Coral Princess
KP - Crown Princess
DP - Dawn Princess
DI - Diamond Princess
EP - Emerald Princess
NP - Golden Princess
AP - Grand Princess
IP - Island Princess
GP - Regal Princess
RP - Royal Princess
RU - Ruby Princess
SA - Sapphire Princess
CP - Sea Princess
TP - Star Princess
SP - Sun Princess

MJ – Majestic Princess
YP – Sky Princess

PA - Pacific Princess

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

CB = Caribbean Princess

Princess has abbreviations for all of their ships. The abbreviation is actually shown in the URL when you look at the ship online. They aren't necessarily what one might think. You might think Caribbean Princess would be CP but that is actually the abbreviation for Sea Princess.

Princess Ship Abbreviations

CB - Caribbean Princess
CO - Coral Princess
KP - Crown Princess
DP - Dawn Princess
DI - Diamond Princess
EP - Emerald Princess
NP - Golden Princess
AP - Grand Princess
IP - Island Princess
GP - Regal Princess
RP - Royal Princess
RU - Ruby Princess
SA - Sapphire Princess
CP - Sea Princess
TP - Star Princess
SP - Sun Princess

MJ – Majestic Princess
YP – Sky Princess

PA - Pacific Princess

Thanks!!  I did go back to the Princess web site to see the ship names and that's what was throwing me! Thanks again

On 5/28/2019 at 9:57 AM, hillslife said:

Thanks for this info.. have done the Escape Room twice, didn’t realize they only had one mystery to solve😩, so this sounds like a great adventure.

Thanks for explaining.. I’ll look for it in the Patters 😍

Which ships have an Escape Room?  Do they have them on Princess Ships or only on Royal Caribbean Ships?  My family loves Escape Rooms. In fact, we just did one yesterday.  It would be awesome if the Grand has one. 

3 hours ago, donswife said:

They had it when we were on the CB last fall for a 10 day Panama Canal partial transit, and they also had an ongoing program called "detourist" that I had never seen before. 

Really? We would love to find out about this game. We wanted to do the High Seas Heist and will plan to check it out in the future and would love to know about another game for future reference. Can you tell us anything about "detourist"? Anything at all would be appreciated except any possible solution. Please let all of us know about this game (or activity) if possible.  Thanks.

Edited by Thrak

11 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

Which ships have an Escape Room?  Do they have them on Princess Ships or only on Royal Caribbean Ships?  My family loves Escape Rooms. In fact, we just did one yesterday.  It would be awesome if the Grand has one. 

Yes, on Princess ships... I know once on the Crown and can’t remember the other ship,  but you have to sign up early.. watch the Patter,  and the game actually takes place in the wedding Chapel