Bringing packaged food back on ship from port

I know the rules about not bringing food on or off the ship. But does that apply to packaged items you can buy in port? I’m thinking Bermuda Rum Cakes from the Dockyard shop. Was thinking of picking up a few to bring back home.  Is it allowed or will I be in the naughty room? Thanks

1 hour ago, Secretlyfi said:

I know the rules about not bringing food on or off the ship. But does that apply to packaged items you can buy in port? I’m thinking Bermuda Rum Cakes from the Dockyard shop. Was thinking of picking up a few to bring back home.  Is it allowed or will I be in the naughty room? Thanks

You can definitely buy those rum cakes and bring them back with you.  ALWAYS check the dates.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Well they do scan your bags when you reboard

They don't do that in every port.  Last year, I walked into the ship with a pineapple (used for drinks) in my hands and not a single person stopped me.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

I have seen HUGE "wheels" of Gouda cheese being brought on the ship by passengers when we

have docked in St. Maartin (not sure of the spelling).

I've done that.  Great cheese.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:13 PM, awestover89 said:

As long as it's packages and doesn't contain fruit, meat, or cheese it's fine. We've bought candy, rum cakes, popcorn, and a wide variety of other local foods.

When in Cozumel or Progresso we buy mangos and avocados and bring them back on and no one has ever said anything about it. they are in our bag when scanned and one of the employees were excited to see mangos so we gave him one.  

14 hours ago, nalrudaini said:

It was either Labadee or Falmouth

Well, if it was Labadee, the pineapple had been brought there by the ship, so there's that...

As many of us know, the most painful lesson comes in Portland, Maine.  

You have bought some delicious doughnuts or whoopee pies, only to have the security staff take them from you.  

Sad, sad, sad,