New Non Alcoholic drink Pkge Terms & Conditions

CruisinFinsUp

looks like an interesting package,  Im  not  sure I would  drink enough of the "speciality" coffees   to make it worth it.   I think I will stick  with the regular  soda and more package  ( or  whatever  its  current name  is..  sodas and  mocktails)  I'm hopeful that  the  freestyle machines  will be on board  for our November cruise  on the  crown.

So they have removed milk shakes from ultimate soda package or whatever it was called, now it is with the more expensive coffee and soda package drink. I can't tell if hot chocolate is still included in the new "classic soda package" which is definitely not the previous classic soda package which oddly was just soda.

Princess just stop!!!!

Edited by Coral

I did some math regarding the new beverages.

Premier Coffee & Soda Package $23.59/day

If you are in it for just the brewed coffee it doesn’t make sense. It takes an average of 10 large brewed coffees/day to break even. If you want a few sodas and maybe two or three of the high calorie drinks then you might just break even.

Classic Soda Package

With the old package @ $8.26/day breakeven = 4 sodas/day and included hot chocolate & juices.

The new package, $11.79/day, breakeven is 5 sodas/day. No mention of hot chocolate. The new package does include the high calorie smoothies and mocktails and if that is what you like it might be worth it.

Note: Hot chocolate has been free in the buffet on Royal Class ships

7 minutes ago, skynight said:

I did some math regarding the new beverages.

Premier Coffee & Soda Package $23.59/day

If you are in it for just the brewed coffee it doesn’t make sense. It takes an average of 10 large brewed coffees/day to break even. If you want a few sodas and maybe two or three of the high calorie drinks then you might just break even.

Classic Soda Package

With the old package @ $8.26/day breakeven = 4 sodas/day and included hot chocolate & juices.

The new package, $11.79/day, breakeven is 5 sodas/day. No mention of hot chocolate. The new package does include the high calorie smoothies and mocktails and if that is what you like it might be worth it.

... assuming that the on board prices don't change next.   When the premier alcohol package price changed, the on board per drink prices were increasing as well. 

Also the coffee card option still exists- better if you just want the "brewed coffee" in analysis above.   

The coffee & soda package would be more for someone who likes espressos, fancy coffee beverages, frappes, mocktails/ smoothies and some sodas.   

1 hour ago, skynight said:

The new package does include the high calorie smoothies and mocktails and if that is what you like it might be worth it. 

I don't sail Royal Class ships yet (I prefer smaller ships) and am not a buffet person.

Also, the old package did include mocktails.

Edited by Coral

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

I don't sail Royal Class ships yet (I prefer smaller ships) and am not a buffet person.

Also, the old package did include mocktails.

Yes, mocktails were included in the old package. Smoothies are now in, hot chocolate appears out.

You don't have to be a "buffet person" to get hot chocolate at the buffet. On the Royal  it has been available at most of the self serve stations including the one on the Horizon Terrace. Just walk up, push the button and fill your cup.

Coffee and fountain soda are some of the lowest cost items to make. The price of $23.59 a day is outrageous. I'll stick to the free coffee packages I get as an elite for trading in my bar setup.

27 minutes ago, denmarks said:

Coffee and fountain soda are some of the lowest cost items to make. The price of $23.59 a day is outrageous. I'll stick to the free coffee packages I get as an elite for trading in my bar setup.

Yeah, I'm going to have to rethink getting a drink package.  We would get the soda/mocktail for like $7/day and while outrageous, if I drank 4-5 cokes and 2-3 mocktails, I felt it was worth it.  At a higher price, I don't think I will feel that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Yes, mocktails were included in the old package. Smoothies are now in, hot chocolate appears out.

You don't have to be a "buffet person" to get hot chocolate at the buffet. On the Royal  it has been available at most of the self serve stations including the one on the Horizon Terrace. Just walk up, push the button and fill your cup.

I haven't sailed on the Royal class ships and don't plan on it. I prefer smaller ships.

I also like to get hot chocolate in the dining room. The buffet is not close to the dining room.

Edited by Coral

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

seems to me you're either a soda person or a coffee person ... doesn't work for us at that price point anyway ... maybe others

I don't drink either. I did get the soda card for mocktails last time. I do have to say there are a lot of non-coffee drinkers who do get hot chocolate when they want a warm beverage. So this doesn't work well. Kids also get hot chocolate.

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

seems to me you're either a soda person or a coffee person ... doesn't work for us at that price point anyway ... maybe others

good point. Coffee guy here, I'll stick with the what was working.