Mailing Luggage Tags

mr. godfredo

I saw that on  my cruise planner for our upcoming Summit sailing that there was a link to have luggage tags mailed out to our house. It's been about 17 years since I have last been on Celebrity,  (though we have been actively sailing on mostly RCCL and a few other lines over the past 17 years) so I wasn't sure if this is common as we usually just print them ourselves. Could this be a perk of our status as Captains Club members as our status is combined with RCCL??? Is there any advantage to having them mailed out or are they the same old tags we print out ourselves? Also, I am assuming that they don't change you for this service as the link simply has you fill out the boxes and submit without any payment option. Any insight here would be appreciated. 

The only advantage to getting them mailed is that they are the self stick type you get on airline luggage tags and are a bit more durable than the paper self-print variety. Everyone gets the option to have them mailed, it's not a function of Captains Club status, and yes, they're free. I find it's more reliable to call Captains Club (800-760-0654) and request them than do it on the website. 

• Like 2

I recall that Celebrity use to mail the luggage tags; on our last cruise on Princess, Princess stopped mailing the tags so we had to print them.  No big deal, printed them and (IMPORTANT), placed them in plastic holders, and we were good to go!  So if you're concerned with not getting them in the mail, simply print your own!

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

I recall that Celebrity use to mail the luggage tags; on our last cruise on Princess, Princess stopped mailing the tags so we had to print them.  No big deal, printed them and (IMPORTANT), placed them in plastic holders, and we were good to go!  So if you're concerned with not getting them in the mail, simply print your own!

Celebrity still mails luggage tags out. You can order them thru your CP or call the Captains Club and request them. As jelayne posted luggage tags aren't available for printing or ordering until 45 days prior to your sail date. We still prefer Celebrity mail us the luggage tags over printing them and getting them from the porters at the pier. Personnel preference as it's still a little bit of the old tradition.  

2 hours ago, mr. godfredo said:

I saw that on  my cruise planner for our upcoming Summit sailing that there was a link to have luggage tags mailed out to our house. It's been about 17 years since I have last been on Celebrity,  (though we have been actively sailing on mostly RCCL and a few other lines over the past 17 years) so I wasn't sure if this is common as we usually just print them ourselves. Could this be a perk of our status as Captains Club members as our status is combined with RCCL??? Is there any advantage to having them mailed out or are they the same old tags we print out ourselves? Also, I am assuming that they don't change you for this service as the link simply has you fill out the boxes and submit without any payment option. Any insight here would be appreciated. 

No charge for mailed luggage tags from Celebrity. You can either order them thru your CP or call the Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654 at 45 days prior to your sail date. Like Luvcrusn posted I call the Captains Club and request them Sometimes the online ordering can be hit or miss. 

4 hours ago, mr. godfredo said:

We are just like you...sailed Celebrity again two weeks ago after sailing RCCL for 10 years.  With RCCL, we just simply print the luggage tags at home...easy peasy.  So we decided to do the same with Celebrity...easy peasy.  Much to our surprise, a set of luggage tags arrived in the mail. (No charge and we didn't even request it.)  We decided to use the ones mailed to us for two reasons: 1. It's much nicer and self adhesive.   2. It already had our names pre-printed on the luggage tags...nice.

Happy Sailing!

We like the ones that are mailed, however after requesting 2x on our last cruise, they never made it.  So...had to do it the "old fashioned way" and print ourselves.  Not a big deal, but getting them mailed may not be very reliable...