Xpress pass/luggage tags not available?

39august

Just 30 days out and I still can't print my Xpress passes nor luggage tags. Have called CC twice and been told it would be taken care of but nothing yet. Am I correct in assuming that, like RCI, the Xpress passes are not absolutely necessary to board, and porters at pier have luggage tags they can fill in?

On 6/5/2019 at 11:59 AM, cruisestitch said:

I just don't bother anymore.  It's not worth my time and aggravation to try to print out Xpress passes and luggage tags.  I take care of all of it at the terminal.

Interesting.  I just checked in yesterday for a cruise that is 5 weeks away.  At the end of check in a screen popped allowing me to view (and print) each of our Xpress passes and our luggage tags.  I clicked on one to print, then hit backspace and clicked on the other, then again to print tags.  It was even easier than I recalled in the past.

When it works, it's very smooth, but when it's "in a mood", the website becomes an unholy terror.  It loses my Captain's Club number, it messes up my date of birth, and I just give up and move on to something more fun, like scrubbing the kitchen floor.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Captain's Club  can't send luggage tags that are "pending".  Neither the tags nor the Xpress passes exist at this point.  

Did you recently make final payment or make any adjustments to your account?

I don't know if it makes a difference, but did you book direct or through a TA? Either way, I'd call again, ask them to mail you luggage tags (they're nicer and self adhesive) and if the rep you first speak with can't help, ask for someone up the chain who can fix the problem.

14 hours ago, Pier290 said:

Call for luggage tags....they will send u nice ones with adhesive...better than printed ones!

Or even easier, don't bother. 

The porters at the pier will attach nice ones with adhesive backing for you when you get there and check in your luggage.  It only takes them a few seconds to attach each luggage tag.

No muss, no fuss.

They fill out and attach so many of them, they can do it much more quickly and efficiently than we can do it ourselves.

6 hours ago, upwarduk said:

No longer available from UK.

Sorry! I knew that they weren't available for mailing in UK but I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize you were in UK. In that case,  if your TA (if you have one) can't help, they can always provide them at the port.