I need help PLEASE- what group is on Equinox 4 oct 2019

fragilek

Hi was just about to book a cruise on the Equinox on Oct 4TH 2019 but while checking out the price on a USA TA to compare with UK price there was an explanation mark saying group tour.  I have tried looking up on  theme cruise site and also googling for it but I am not finding anything.  But the problem is when googling in UK we always get uk stuff for the first 10 pages and it wont be on them.  Can anyone help me here before I book/ don't book .  Thanks

I think if you are booking with USA TA it is not really a group tour, but a group rate that they put you in.   They consider the block of rooms they have assigned to that cruise a group booking, and so you get a discount.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s just a group rate so you get a better price. The TA has purchased a block of rooms and can pass some savings on to you. The group aspect means nothing to you personally, other than the price. Once you select your cabin category you should see the different rate types available. The group option should be the least expensive. 

Why don't you call the travel agency and ask them what that notation means... I've looked at the last few pages of the roll call and don't see any groups mentioned.  You might also see if there is a FB group for this cruise to see if they know about or are an interest group.   EM

Edited by Essiesmom

4 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

It’s just a group rate so you get a better price. The TA has purchased a block of rooms and can pass some savings on to you. The group aspect means nothing to you personally, other than the price. Once you select your cabin category you should see the different rate types available. The group option should be the least expensive. 

I have gone through all the rates for all the cabins and can't see any group rate/ code.  Also before the rates  at the top of the page under the sailing ports it has a big red circle with an ! in it and then next to that says GROUP EXISTS FOR THIS SAILING again in red.  would that be how a TA would usually describe their block rate

6 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Why don't you call the travel agency and ask them what that notation means... I've looked at the last few pages of the roll call and don't see any groups mentioned.  You might also see if there is a FB group for this cruise to see if they know about or are an interest group.   EM

I plan to when it opens but the rate I found was very good so I was trying to short cut the wait 😉

27 minutes ago, fragilek said:

I have gone through all the rates for all the cabins and can't see any group rate/ code.  Also before the rates  at the top of the page under the sailing ports it has a big red circle with an ! in it and then next to that says GROUP EXISTS FOR THIS SAILING again in red.  would that be how a TA would usually describe their block rate

It might be listed as FriendFamily. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. Call to confirm (and ask about what perks are included since it can differ) but you should be set either way. We almost always book group rates at substantial discounts.

16 minutes ago, fragilek said:

I called and they say its just group rates the odd thing is they were higher than the other agents lol. So now happy to book the deal I found

That is unusual, i use what I think is the same TA. Perhaps the category you are looking at doesn't have a group rate? I looked at a 1A, for your date, it was more $ than Aqua but the pricing didn't say “group” for the 1A. 

10 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

That is unusual, i use what I think is the same TA. Perhaps the category you are looking at doesn't have a group rate? I looked at a 1A, for your date, it was more $ than Aqua but the pricing didn't say “group” for the 1A. 

I think we use the same TA. You definitely need to specify which category you want if you book over the phone and make sure it's the best value. We consistently get a C2 (for C3 fare) for a lower price than most other regular veranda categories. I assume they have limited inventory within the group for each category so sometimes the prices don't make much sense. 

On 6/6/2019 at 6:15 PM, lovecruzin said:

I dont think we can be using the same one as I cant see group rates against any of the pricing cats.  Wish I could lol