DOOR DECORATION

spankym13

2 hours ago, UFMOM said:

We usually decorate our door only on holiday cruises or Disney cruises. I am a big fan of the Avery inkjet magnetic printable sheets. Just pick your image, print it and cut out. They stick very well to the door or even the interior walls if you want some personal interior decor. They are very lightweight also. Once during a championship game, we put up some University of Florida Gator magnets I had made. A few days later they disappeared, perhaps some Florida State alumni were on the cruise.🤔😁

Mary Ann

Go Gators🐊 Interesting, I’m a Gator mom and alumna AND my name is Mary Ann 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stefndoug said:

Brought 115 magnets along...rotated them on the door and on our walls in the cabin 🙂

DSC06559.JPG

"Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder", but IMHO this is just tacky!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stefndoug said:

Brought 115 magnets along...rotated them on the door and on our walls in the cabin 🙂

DSC06559.JPG

Looks like the FUN Family is in this cabin.  

I bet you are a hoot to travel with!

Smiles everywhere.  😘😘😘😘

19 minutes ago, Orator said:

Note to self...never invite this person over to my house...the Disney decorations might be a little to tacky lol.  I am all about tacky Disney.  Every shirt I own is Disney.  I love travelling and showing my Disney side.  I get lots of smiles.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Donut23 said:

Looks like the FUN Family is in this cabin.  

I bet you are a hoot to travel with!

Smiles everywhere.  😘😘😘😘

We are all about the fun...and yes we get smiles from a lot of people.  People know that I am the Disney fan on the ship lol

Stefani

2 hours ago, stefndoug said:

We are all about the fun...and yes we get smiles from a lot of people.  People know that I am the Disney fan on the ship lol

Stefani

Good for YOU!👍🎉

i bet a few here quietly are a little jealous.  😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orator said:

Tacky is a good word...more  appropriate for Disney or Royal  C  where kiddies abound, but I guess things are blending these days.  Doesn't  hurt my enjoyment any, but  it shows a new  "fun ship" demographic taking hold!  

• Like 1

Were you on the Summit on this? I saw the "Happy Mother's Day" which is when we took off for Bermuda. I didn't see it on the ship (we were on 7) but it would've made me smile to see it!

6 hours ago, stefndoug said:

DSC06559.JPG

3 minutes ago, psuboater said:

Were you on the Summit on this? I saw the "Happy Mother's Day" which is when we took off for Bermuda. I didn't see it on the ship (we were on 7) but it would've made me smile to see it!

This was last month on the Millennium to Alaska...we got lots of compliments about the door and smiles

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Tacky is a good word...more  appropriate for Disney or Royal  C  where kiddies abound, but I guess things are blending these days.  Doesn't  hurt my enjoyment any, but  it shows a new  "fun ship" demographic taking hold!  

I am hard core Disney tacky 🙂  You should see my house LOL

and honestly...if I cared what other people thought of what I do...I wouldn't leave the house.  I could care less if people don't like my decorated door.  Move along and don't look then LOL.  I have fun, I keep it to my door and I smile every time I walk down our hallway.   I love it when others decorate their door.  It is great to see it happening more often.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stefndoug said:

and honestly...if I cared what other people thought of what I do...I wouldn't leave the house.  I could care less if people don't like my decorated door.  Move along and don't look then LOL.  I have fun, I keep it to my door and I smile every time I walk down our hallway.   I love it when others decorate their door.  It is great to see it happening more often.

If these Disney door decorations are so offensive to some, may I suggest another route to your cabin?  This could keep everyone smiling.  

Isn’t that the purpose of a cruise?  To find your smile.  😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I honestly don't care what you do to your door. Just giving you my own opinion about it. Others may disagree or agree and that's fine since we all have different tastes. That's why crayons have many colors and Baskin Robbins has so many flavors. The world would be a boring place if everyone was the same.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Donut23 said:

If these Disney door decorations are so offensive to some, may I suggest another route to your cabin?  This could keep everyone smiling.  

Isn’t that the purpose of a cruise?  To find your smile.  😆

Most certainly not "offensive", but in my opinion tacky. Offensive would be my picture wearing a speedo pasted on my door. There is a difference between "offensive" and "tacky". 

• Like 2

To celebrate our 50th Anniversary, we took a TransAtlantic cruise.  Our children had a magnetic sign created celebrating that event to place on our cabin door.   We received a large amount of positive feedback.  I felt it was very tasteful and a conversation starter.

IMG_4294.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, shofer said:

To celebrate our 50th Anniversary, we took a TransAtlantic cruise.  Our children had a magnetic sign created celebrating that event to place on our cabin door.   We received a large amount of positive feedback.  I felt it was very tasteful and a conversation starter.

IMG_4294.jpg

Very nice and tasteful in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 9:53 PM, Orator said:

Most certainly not "offensive", but in my opinion tacky. Offensive would be my picture wearing a speedo pasted on my door. There is a difference between "offensive" and "tacky". 

Ill use YOUR choice.  

If you find the decorations tacky and they bother you that much, a different route to your cabin may be the solution.

I promise these Door People really don’t want to ruin your vacation.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 8:52 PM, Stumptowngal said:

I agree with your comments - especially the part I bolded.

What is it about a cruise that brings about actions reminiscent and more typical of high school or college days?  

I’m not annoyed by decorated doors but the whole idea of it is somewhat baffling.   If people find joy in it, I guess that’s all that matters

Speak for yourself !!!!!! I am 60 but my mind is still as it was in my College days ! always up for a laugh and fun !!!

Do people really need door decorations to find their cabin?  They are numbered for a reason

The tackiest door I’ve seen was on Vision last month. A picture of the couple and a list of all the cruises they’ve been on and their status. 

• Like 2