Question LCV benefits V Suite benefits

benjoon

We are discoverer plus. We recently did a B2B in a balcony and suite. The first part we both had our 120 minutes internet and it was 14 nights so we got two bags of laundry. The second part in a suite we got the internet at 235 minutes but nothing for being DPlus. We had one bag of laundry for being in the suite and no LCV laundry. Just a bit strange as our friends with no status got the same suite internet and laundry. Therefore no benefit for our loyalty. Does this sound correct? We managed with the internet but could have done with another bag of laundry.

Suite laundry supersedes LCV  laundry;  both are one bag every 7 days.  Same with internet minutes; I don’t believe they’ve ever been combinable. That being said, I’ll take the suite perks ove4 LCV any day

Edited by laurieb

No, I don’t think they have ever been combinable either, so you are right laurieb, Suite benefits are better than LCV as far as WiFi is concerned, and the same for laundry - plus, of course, speciality dining, in-room spirits & a butler.

There are other LCV benefits that are different from Suite benefits  (onboard booking savings, free nights when you go up a level, quarterly 10% savings on ‘select voyages’ & Spa & gift shop savings)

16 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

Wonder what will happen when the Silversea loyalty program is incorporated into the LCV program!!

Not sure about Silverseas but following Royal Caribbean & Celebrity/Azamara being put onto the same IT platform wouldn’t be surprised to see those integrated.

10 hours ago, benjoon said:

We are discoverer plus. We recently did a B2B in a balcony and suite. The first part we both had our 120 minutes internet and it was 14 nights so we got two bags of laundry. The second part in a suite we got the internet at 235 minutes but nothing for being DPlus. We had one bag of laundry for being in the suite and no LCV laundry. Just a bit strange as our friends with no status got the same suite internet and laundry. Therefore no benefit for our loyalty. Does this sound correct? We managed with the internet but could have done with another bag of laundry.

Long been an irritation that you lose your loyalty rewards if you pay for a suite, after all the suite “perks” are paid for out of the fare. However although it’s annoying it doesn’t stop us booking suites and enjoying Azamara, we just take the opportunity of pointing it out when appropriate and maybe it will change.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Long been an irritation that you lose your loyalty rewards if you pay for a suite, after all the suite “perks” are paid for out of the fare. However although it’s annoying it doesn’t stop us booking suites and enjoying Azamara, we just take the opportunity of pointing it out when appropriate and maybe it will change.

I have given up been pointing this out since 2009.  Instead now book verandah and pay for all the specialities I want and maybe spa deck. The extra space isn’t worth the 000s and there are no other benefits of value to us. 

1 hour ago, Belfastman said:

Wonder what will happen when the Silversea loyalty program is incorporated into the LCV program!!

Well Yes, I wonder that too. As a Silversea cruiser with LCV status, that will be very interesting for me! 

19 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

Well Yes, I wonder that too. As a Silversea cruiser with LCV status, that will be very interesting for me! 

We were recently advised there would be no reciprocity as they plan to run it as a very separate brand just as Pullmantur has no connection to RCI.  Time will tell though if that view changes 

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

We were recently advised there would be no reciprocity as they plan to run it as a very separate brand just as Pullmantur has no connection to RCI.  Time will tell though if that view changes 

That's a shame as I would have leapt up the LCV loyalty tiers if they combined The Venetian Society with LCV. Oh well. 🙁

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Have you heard this will definitely happen?

Phil 

I've heard nothing about this, but will now keep my ear to the ground 😉

On the other topic of whether we value our LCV members...YES! of course we do!

I have shared this thread with the senior team.

22 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I've heard nothing about this, but will now keep my ear to the ground 😉

On the other topic of whether we value our LCV members...YES! of course we do!

I have shared this thread with the senior team.

Sadly Bonnie I used to think this, but not any longer. I really feel like we are taken for granted these days and the latest change to the bid for an upgrade system is a classic example.  I'd like to think that by sharing this thread with senior management they would take notice, but I fear not.

Thank goodness that the crew on the ships continue to treat us so well.

Phil 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Sadly Bonnie I used to think this, but not any longer. I really feel like we are taken for granted these days and the latest change to the bid for an upgrade system is a classic example.  I'd like to think that by sharing this thread with senior management they would take notice, but I fear not.

Thank goodness that the crew on the ships continue to treat us so well.

Phil 

Agree 100%, Phil.  Senior management will ignore this thread and the upgrade scheme discussion.

I am struggling as to why switching a laundry perk from per room to per guest is such a big deal that couldn’t be implemented overnight. It would be a small but welcome gesture.  

• Like 1

Problem with all loyalty schemes is that the bean counters see them only as a cost as it’s impossible to quantify the amount of repeat business they generate, the assumption is that customers will continue to purchase irrespective. 

In reality it’s easy with these schemes to turn a positive into a negative, laundry is a good example why remove a loyalty bag when the customer, through the cost of a suite, purchases a bag? Also agree that it should be per passenger not per cabin, small things mean a lot.

Maybe there are plans to combine loyalty schemes across brands in the future as has happened with the upgrade bidding system. But at the moment their most loyal customers are perceiving an erosion of their value to Azamara and that should be a worry to senior management.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lottie A said:

I'm going to ask my own "senior source" when I phone him tonight! 😄

I did ask him....and he said he didn't know anything about a merging of loyalty schemes between Silversea and Azamara. He thought the Venetian Society members would have a seizure at the very thought of it! 

However....we shall see! Seems like loyalty is not valued anywhere much nowadays. ☹️

Ok I have a question I should know the answer to but don’t, as since the introduction of the LCV/suite credit for the purchase of an internet package we have always been able to purchase a whole voyage package with the suite credit.

Are you able to use both LCV & suite codes to access the internet? Assuming of course you receive two codes as I can’t remember whether I’ve seen that on the paperwork in the cabin or not, really must pay more attention. I don’t mean use both to purchase a package I know that’s not possible, but to use both codes to access the free minutes.