Vista having Propulsion Issues- Jun 15 Itinerary changed!

Shaded Lady

Before we start a war here, let me say I'm COMPLETELY happy with how Carnival has handled this situation.

We received an email yesterday stating that due to Vista not being able to achieve top speed our itinerary for Saturday's cruise of Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel has been changed to Mahogany Bay Roatan, Costa Rica and Cozumel. For our trouble, Carnival is giving us $50 PP OBC and a 25% Future Cruise Credit. If you're not happy with this offer, you can cancel with 100% refund.

Our roll call has been agonizing for months now about what to do in Jamaica, and many had already decided to stay on the ship. And yet some of those same people are really upset that Carnival had to change our plans! I don't get it!

I know that some had plans and this situation changed them, and for that, I'm sorry they're going to miss out on their planned excursions. But there's plenty of other opportunities to have fun. Make lemonade out of lemons, people!

I personally am really excited because the 2 new ports are new to me! Never been to either of them, so it'll be something new for us! Plus we're getting OBC and now my DH is promising to let me use the 25% FCC for another cruise. Win, Win, Win!!!

Also, they're saying that Vista is expected to get fixed this cruise, so it won't likely impact any future cruises! So for any of you sailing in the next few weeks, looks like you miss out on the bounty! Sorry... not sorry!

Edited by Shaded Lady
  • Like 5

We’ve booked the original MoBay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary and are probably going to change to your new itinerary due to scheduling conflicts.  Do report back after the cruise and let us know how you liked it.  We’ll be on the Freedom, but I’m curious about those ports.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Before we start a war here, let me say I'm COMPLETELY happy with how Carnival has handled this situation.

We received an email yesterday stating that due to Vista not being able to achieve top speed our itinerary for Saturday's cruise of Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel has been changed to Mahogany Bay Roatan, Costa Rica and Cozumel. For our trouble, Carnival is giving us $50 PP OBC and a 25% Future Cruise Credit. If you're not happy with this offer, you can cancel with 100% refund.

Our roll call has been agonizing for months now about what to do in Jamaica, and many had already decided to stay on the ship. And yet some of those same people are really upset that Carnival had to change our plans! I don't get it!

I know that some had plans and this situation changed them, and for that, I'm sorry they're going to miss out on their planned excursions. But there's plenty of other opportunities to have fun. Make lemonade out of lemons, people!

I personally am really excited because the 2 new ports are new to me! Never been to either of them, so it'll be something new for us! Plus we're getting OBC and now my DH is promising to let me use the 25% FCC for another cruise. Win, Win, Win!!!

Also, they're saying that Vista is expected to get fixed this cruise, so it won't likely impact any future cruises! So for any of you sailing in the next few weeks, looks like you miss out on the bounty! Sorry... not sorry!

I would also see it as  an opportunity 

Edited by Cafedumonde

At first I was upset because I really wanted to go to Jamaica!  We were looking forward to it, but there is always a next time and I am happy about the on board credit and the 25% off the next cruise. It's like free money.  

17 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

At least you have a heads up before boarding the ship! On Pride over Thanksgiving week we found out AFTER dinner (never having sailed) that we would end up with a one port cruise if we elected to stay on board. She was also having propulsion issues. $50 pp OBC and a future cruise credit of 100% of cruise fare. Over 700 elected to leave with full refunds. Mostly locals from the Baltimore area. We stayed, having traveled down from Maine, having grandkids with us, a friend that had flown in, and no desire to pack up and drive home to Maine. Had a pretty good time until the weather turned really bad on the way back. That 'slow boat to China' was a rough ride with winds and rain that kept the outer decks closed off. But 

Thanksgiving was spent at a beach with snorkeling, swimming, good food, and good company while someone else cooked my turkey for me. You go with the flow when you ride on a mechanical beast.

We are heading to Bermuda next month on our 'freebie' ride. :classic_tongue:

• Apparently this cruise is now an 8 day, with stops in Costa Maya and Cozumel, returning Sunday the 23rd. $200 pp OBC, 50% future cruise credit and up to $200 for air changes for those sailing, or full refund for those choosing not to go. No word yet on the changes obviously coming for the June 22nd sailing

I’m on the Vista leaving when you guys get back.  Was susposed to leave on the 22nd but the email today said you guys might not get back till the 23rd?   Here’s my email:

June 15, 2019

Dear Carnival Vista Guest,

Carnival Vista is experiencing an issue affecting its maximum cruising speed. Our technical team completed their full assessment of the necessary work once the ship arrived in Galveston today. Unfortunately, due to the reduced cruising speed, it was necessary to extend the cruise departing on June 15 to an 8 day sailing, returning June 23.

We apologize for the impact this will have on your vacation plans. Our team is in the process of assessing the status of your cruise and we will get back to you with an update no later than 6:00 PM (EST) Tuesday, June 18, 2019.  

If you have air travel plans, please do not reschedule your flights until you receive our update. In the event you have any air related change fees, Carnival will provide reimbursement. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding.