Question about Tuscan on Constellation or M-class

FLbeachbaby

I booked Tuscan for the first night discount on Connie thinking it was the grand view in the back of the ship. But just realized that on Connie it is mid-ship and not that same S-class experience. It's our first night sailing out of Venice and our Anniversary so thought it would be a lovely option given the limited specialty restaurants onboard.

We have Luminae but sometimes night one is a bit hectic and off. Anyone for keeping Tuscan or is it a clunker  ?  We usually get a decent table at Luminae as we dine early.

1 hour ago, FLbeachbaby said:

I booked Tuscan for the first night discount on Connie thinking it was the grand view in the back of the ship. But just realized that on Connie it is mid-ship and not that same S-class experience. It's our first night sailing out of Venice and our Anniversary so thought it would be a lovely option given the limited specialty restaurants onboard.

We have Luminae but sometimes night one is a bit hectic and off. Anyone for keeping Tuscan or is it a clunker  ?  We usually get a decent table at Luminae as we dine early.

Have you TA and Captains Club note it is anniversary sailing.

Also swing by Maitre D and see if they can put you at a window/early for dining that night.

Happy Anniversary! 

Love luminae and first night is one of the better menus , you are totally correct on view on solstice class Tuscan view is really great on smaller ships food is still good but no view.  We did 9 nights on infinity earlier this year did 8 dinners in luminae and one in Tuscan. We got a table by window most nights in luminae. 

48 minutes ago, George C said:

Love luminae and first night is one of the better menus , you are totally correct on view on solstice class Tuscan view is really great on smaller ships food is still good but no view.  We did 9 nights on infinity earlier this year did 8 dinners in luminae and one in Tuscan. We got a table by window most nights in luminae. 

Yes. I'm thinking food is better in Luminae. I just wanted that gorgeous view at the back, so I was disappointed when I remembered it was not. 

9 hours ago, ozark74 said:

Tuscan on the Constellation is on deck 11 where Qsine is on the other M class ships. It has good views if you are by the windows. Much better than the porthole windows in Luminae.

Additionally, that is a location where it is easy to step outside on deck 11 to move around from side to side and take photos from different positions.

Much better than looking out through a dining room window with a limited view and possibly smudges on it as well.

Or you could just plan to be out on deck for sailaway and have dinner either earlier or later.

They may have the helipad open for sailaway as well.

Edited by fleckle

10 hours ago, ozark74 said:

Tuscan on the Constellation is on deck 11 where Qsine is on the other M class ships. It has good views if you are by the windows. Much better than the porthole windows in Luminae.

Doesn,t it also overlook the pool area?

OP  Happy Anniversary!

Edited by hcat

Generally food is better in Luminae and Tuscan can be hit or miss but when I cruised on Constellation in 2017 the food was very disappointing; our worst Luminae experience on any ship in both food quality and service. The servers were totally inept almost as if it was some sort of training cruise. Funny enough our experience at Tuscan on that same cruise was the complete opposite; outstanding service and food. I think it all depends on whoever the chef and staff are.