Moveover offers

riversights

Extremely well for us too.   Cabin upgrade balcony to minisuite, cruise of our choice, large refundable OBC, and refund of the difference in EZair flight costs.   

We got to go on a cruise that included Egypt that was previously way out of our budget, and ended that cruise with money back from the OBC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Times Prince said:

Extremely well for us too.   Cabin upgrade balcony to minisuite, cruise of our choice, large refundable OBC, and refund of the difference in EZair flight costs.   

We got to go on a cruise that included Egypt that was previously way out of our budget, and ended that cruise with money back from the OBC.

Same with us, except our new cruise was Iceland and Norway on the Pacific which was a budget-busting itinerary.  We jumped from an obstructed OV to a minisuite and also received a very nice check afterwards from the unspent OBC.  It's a bit of a hassle cancelling things last minute, but very well worth the effort imho.

• Like 2

we moved from a 5 day on the Crown to a 7 day on the Regal leaving the next Sunday ... full refund as refundable OBC .. Princess picked up the additional port fees, taxes and grats for the 2 'extra' days

slight cabin upgrade ... maybe a category or two location - interior sideways to same

2 Free days + OBC ... we were very fortunate we were that flexible at that time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yerdua said:

For those of you who received and accepted a move over offer, how close to the original sail date did you receive it?

ours was on Monday before departure on Sunday

we drive to PE/FLL so it worked for us ...

• Like 1

Ours was two days before, and since we had already flown to Singapore, we opted for a downgrade move over; went from balcony to OV, got full fare refunded as OBC, took the 28 cruise and ended up with a check big enough to cover the cost of the next two booked cruises. 

• Like 2

Ours was about 5 days before.  Since we used EZAir, cancelling the flights was handled by Princess.  All we had to do was cancel our pre-cruise hotel and some private excursions.  Didn't lose any money on any of it, and if we had Princess reimbursing us was part of the offer.

They also "protected" the airfare, so if the flights to the new port were more expensive than the original, Princess would have picked up the difference.  In our case, the new were less than the old, so Princess refunded the difference.  Great deal all around.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, riversights said:

Excellent discussion of the Moveover topic.  Thanks for the contribution to our enlightenment.

If you get a "move over offer" by e-mail ... CALL IMMEDIATELY the number listed and give the required info to a recorded message ... the calls will be returned in the order received

then after, and only after, you have done that ... then start your research as to whether or not you can accept the move over and what all it entails

did I state CALL IMMEDIATELY ???

if you have a TA ... well, good luck with that ...

flame on TA luvers ...

• Like 3

I've taken two move-over offers.  They were both good enough to entice me to change my sailings.  One was about 9 or 10 years ago and the other was just a few months ago.  They offered a longer cruise if I moved to a different sailing but that didn't work for me, so I suggested a same-length cruise that worked for my schedule and they gave me that at the price I had already paid (despite the new one's cost being higher) and also a small upgrade and free insurance. 

• Thanks 1

Very knowledgeable and helpful responses!  Moveover is new to us.  The email came out of the blue, as they say.  If I had known then what I have learned from you, I would have reacted promptly.  But I didn't really understand the language (because I had never heard of Moveover).  Next time I'll know.

5 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

You never know - if they don't get enough "takers", they may offer it again and this time, an even better deal. 🙂

We were offered two move DOWN offers on a full Panama two years ago.  The first was complete fare refund to move from a balcony to a window which we declined;  the second was to move from the balcony to a window suite which we also declined. It would have brought a half fare refund.  We now book balconies for tropical escapes from winter.  We didn't think to ask whether or not the benefits would have been transferred.

These were offered the day before sailing through our great TA.

Ruth

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yerdua said:

For those of you who received and accepted a move over offer, how close to the original sail date did you receive it?

Ours was three (3) days before the cruise.   Effectively 2 days as we were coming from Texas and our cruise was leaving from Rome's port.   We were all packed for our Mediterranean cruise.

We had two hours to decide whether to take the moveover before the offer expired.

My manager at work loved it, as there was a project due that I was able  to support.   Our TA couldn't believe we made the change.

Edited by Times Prince
  • Like 1

You have given us confidence to work the deal.  Next time we'll be awake to what's offered.  What a game this is!  We had no imagination for it.  Reality for some, but life on other planets for those who've never traveled in space.

• Like 1

Ours came 2 weeks before a 14 day South America cruise and several people on our roll call reported getting offers too. We got two cruises totaling 18 days in a full suite (we had booked a mini suite), our cruise fare back as refundable OBC, and reimbursement of any cancellation fees. Great deal but some holdouts got even better offers closer to the date of the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 1:21 PM, voljeep said:

If you get a "move over offer" by e-mail ... CALL IMMEDIATELY the number listed and give the required info to a recorded message ... the calls will be returned in the order received

then after, and only after, you have done that ... then start your research as to whether or not you can accept the move over and what all it entails

flame on TA luvers ...

It is to the benefit of the passenger and travel agent for the offer to be past along. I am not sure why a TA would not. The passenger wins and the TA has a client forever!

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the info on timing of these offers. We're booked on Sky's TA in November and will be leaving for Barcelona a few days ahead of embarkation to do some siteseeing. The sailing has been showing sold out off and on for the last several months. Probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of any offer in the (unlikely) event that the move over gods smiled on us. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mapu said:

It is to the benefit of the passenger and travel agent for the offer to be past along. I am not sure why a TA would not. The passenger wins and the TA has a client forever!

As soon as out TA got the offer she was on the phone to us, and kept Princess knowing that we might accept.  As I said it was only a 2 hour window, which involved calls from work to home to TA ( I think I even had a 3 way conference call going at one point), and some quick decision making on our part, including a search on what alternate cruise destination we might want.

To your point, we've used that TA ever since for Princess Cruises.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Times Prince said:

As soon as out TA got the offer she was on the phone to us, and kept Princess knowing that we might accept.  As I said it was only a 2 hour window, which involved calls from work to home to TA ( I think I even had a 3 way conference call going at one point), and some quick decision making on our part, including a search on what alternate cruise destination we might want.

To your point, we've used that TA ever since for Princess Cruises.

From past discussions on this topic,  many TAs aren't nearly as responsive as yours because others complain that the email wasn't forwarded to them in time to take advantage, so they lost out on the offer.

I don't remember having to decide on my alternate sailing during the phone call when we accepted the offer, but we may have.  I did know which cruise I had in mind because it was a 15-day; the original was a 14-day so that was what the offer was.  I asked if they could "improve" the offer by one day, and they said no problem.  I have also read that others were able to "buy" additional days out of the offer's obc.  In other words, if the offer is for a 7-day and you want a 10-day, you can use some of the obc to get the longer one.  That really expands your options and makes a move over more attractive.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 1:21 PM, voljeep said:

flame on TA luvers ...

Our friends received a MO in May and it came via direct email - not via TA.  So you can turn off the flame thrower.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Our friends received a MO in May and it came via direct email - not via TA.  So you can turn off the flame thrower.

With smart phones now that can receive email this may not be an issue, but in the past I have missed emailed offers as they were to my personal email, and I was not allowed access from work (at a computer manufacturer, no less!).   There have been limited timeframes to respond, so the objective is to use a medium that will reach you immediately. 

Edited by Times Prince
  • Thanks 1