MSC Seashore VC sales to open

1fifthavenue

Are MSC taking the proverbial with their prices for the first sailings?!?  😱

2092740408_ScreenShot2019-06-26at12_48_47.thumb.png.c9c56f310ff244940efc589718f1b86f.png

DH's birthday is mid-June and I'd considered booking the inaugural for it (the above prices are for the first sailing from Barcelona, so not necessarily the inaugural one) ... but NOT at these prices!  No wonder they're offering 5 + 5% off - they'd added in the discount beforehand!  😡

MSC Seashore deck plan shows YC on deck 16, 18 , 19 with 129 YC cabins total.

100 YC Deluxe Suites, 20 Interior Suites, 7 Deluxe Grand Suites (new category), 2 Royal Suites. (count may be slightly off due to mistake in cabin coloring on deck plan). 2 new YC categories announced but only 1 new category shown on deck plan.

Top Sail Lounge on deck 16 and YC Restaurant on deck 18.

Where is the YC Pool ?  on deck 20 , not shown on deck plan ?

The prices Are ridiculous even in October they are far more than Ive ever spent on a cruise cruise only , for the price they quote I would pay for cruise flights and transfer. We had an amazing deal last year for Seaview  

Oh well, bit the bullet and booked YC for our anniversary.

Prices were only a little higher than the YC I was pricing up on Grandiosa for next Sept, and given the new ship 'premium' and tips are now also included... I guess it's not too bad....

• Like 2

The only comparable of this "ever popular" (!!!) itinerary is the Norwegian Epic.  Considering the Epic will be about 13 years old by then, the Seashore seems a bargain but compared to P&O's Iona- not so.  A week on her, over Easter, is around £1200 for 2 adults & 1 child no fly.  The Seashore is coming out at £1900 for an inside bella cabin!!!!!!!!  I'm going to wait hope that a 2 or 3 nighter will emerge at a "reasonable" amount.

By the way, I am now a gold member.  My husband and son, who have been on the same amount of cruises are still only normal members, which I don't understand!

3 hours ago, SirWolf said:

100 YC Deluxe Suites, 20 Interior Suites, 7 Deluxe Grand Suites (new category), 2 Royal Suites. (count may be slightly off due to mistake in cabin coloring on deck plan). 2 new YC categories announced but only 1 new category shown on deck plan.

Top Sail Lounge on deck 16 and YC Restaurant on deck 18.

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Are MSC taking the proverbial with their prices for the first sailings?!?  😱

2092740408_ScreenShot2019-06-26at12_48_47.thumb.png.c9c56f310ff244940efc589718f1b86f.png

DH's birthday is mid-June and I'd considered booking the inaugural for it (the above prices are for the first sailing from Barcelona, so not necessarily the inaugural one) ... but NOT at these prices!  No wonder they're offering 5 + 5% off - they'd added in the discount beforehand!  😡

October 2021 almost £3,000 for an Aurea Suite and £2,700 for a Balcony! Won't be booking anytime soon. Will wait until the winter prices come out hopefully from Miami.

1 hour ago, panamapd said:

By the way, I am now a gold member.  My husband and son, who have been on the same amount of cruises are still only normal members, which I don't understand!

When we came back from our last cruise My points were not on but my husbands were, I emailed Voyagers and they added mine too 

4 hours ago, SirWolf said:

So they went from 86 to 129 YC cabins, exactly a 50% increase.  The YC restaurant looks like they just extended it out over the Top Sail lounge further to accommodate extra tables, so the open air two level feel will be much less.  TS lounge looks the same size, but will feel smaller because of the restaurant now almost fully above it.  I bet with the extra deck of cabins adding all that weight to the top they will have to do something different with The One Pool deck. 

I still don't see sailings available for booking on the US site.  I'd be curious to see the pricing, but I'm not that interested in booking the ship.

22 minutes ago, Até said:

So they went from 86 to 129 YC cabins, exactly a 50% increase.  The YC restaurant looks like they just extended it out over the Top Sail lounge further to accommodate extra tables, so the open air two level feel will be much less.  TS lounge looks the same size, but will feel smaller because of the restaurant now almost fully above it.  I bet with the extra deck of cabins adding all that weight to the top they will have to do something different with The One Pool deck. 

I still don't see sailings available for booking on the US site.  I'd be curious to see the pricing, but I'm not that interested in booking the ship.

Até, thanks for the detailed observation.

I did not pay attention to the size of TSL and YC Restaurant.

Sailings are available on MSC USA website, you need to log into your MSC account / Voyagers Club account to see prices and make a reservation.

As per today they have released a limited number of YC cabins on deck 16 and 18. I can not see anything on deck 19 available. 

35 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

As per today they have released a limited number of YC cabins on deck 16 and 18. I can not see anything on deck 19 available. 

I can see the sailings and pricing/details information. I'm logged in but when I try entering the booking site/cabin selection area no cabin availability fills in.  I'm sure they will get it working soon, I can see enough as I'm not planning on booking.