MSC Seashore VC sales to open

1fifthavenue

I'm not going to book the Seashore inaugural season in the Mediterranean Sea. As Bea says, the boring itinerary and very high prices in the YC is not very appealing. It's about time that MSC offers some longer summer itineraries in the Mediterranean. Not only the 7 nights circuit routes. However, this year's itinerary on the Seaview is very attractive in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I am not sure that moving the buffet away from the lower outside decks is going to be a good thing, the deck at the back has outside dining which looks odd.

Notice that the bridge of sighs and the infinity bridges are no longer there.

23 minutes ago, sidari said:

I am not sure that moving the buffet away from the lower outside decks is going to be a good thing, the deck at the back has outside dining which looks odd.

Notice that the bridge of sighs and the infinity bridges are no longer there.

US site deck 16 shows the bridge of sighs but still doesn't have deck eight so can't see about infinity bridges.  Personally I'd be fine giving them up for some other alfresco dining options, hopefully in place of the La Bohème bistro.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:48 PM, Beamafar said:

A boring itinerary and ridiculous prices are just a couple of reasons why.  Also, there are just too many new ships being built.

YC is still cheaper than an Infinite Verandah on X Edge or Apex !!  Now they are waaaaaay overpriced!

1 hour ago, little britain said:

YC is still cheaper than an Infinite Verandah on X Edge or Apex !!  Now they are waaaaaay overpriced!

They are all over priced, we are on Fantasia in October and nothing booked with any line after that, the value is just not there compared to land based holidays.

1 hour ago, Haworth said:

They are all over priced, we are on Fantasia in October and nothing booked with any line after that, the value is just not there compared to land based holidays.

I agree!  The pendulum has definitely swung the other way in terms of value vis a vis cruising and land-based resorts.

I've been threatening for a couple of years now to either cut back or cut out cruising and moving to land-based trips.  While we're doing 3 cruises this year, I've only one booked for next year and can't really see myself booking another one for 2020 - neither prices nor itineraries are attractive enough.

I just don't see what improvements MSC is offering for the higher prices.  Glitzy new ships don't necessarily mean better meals or entertainment, though they're more expensive to sail on than the older ships in the fleet.  In fact, it appears that the cabin comforts in terms of storage and bathroom space has been seriously compromised - especially in YC cabins - judging by reports on here.  Although, I will say that I loved the larger YC1 on Meraviglia;  however, we're trying out YC insides on both Seaview and Meraviglia in the coming weeks, where the storage and bathroom areas seem to be very lacking.  The prices for a YC inside on Seashore are crazy for a cabin that's little bigger than a storage closet!

• Like 2

Bea ... After Meraviglia at Xmas we have nothing booked with MSC for the very same reasons with regard to costs which have been rising for a number of years now to a point where costs exceed value. Next year we are returning to Princess for what will be our 5th cruise with them.

The prices for Seashore are a joke considering it will be doing the same tired old route and ports.

MSC no longer seem to be driven by customer satisfaction but rather by how many ships they can churn out in a short period of time.

Rather than cruise in September we are heading back to our second home for our 17th land holiday to Corfu.

I came across what seems like a perfect AirBnB fit for us in Corfu very recently.  I was sooo tempted to book it for late Spring next year, but I have my eye on an itinerary out of Venice - DH would be able to get his duty-free cigarettes onboard, which are the cheapest anywhere and the savings almost pay the cruise fare for one of us!  A major reason why we cruise with MSC  🙄.  Unfortunately our September 2020 cruise won't have a duty-free shop (unless, after Brexit, the UK will be officially recognised as a non-EU country, but I believe the 'Leave' process won't be finalised by then) so we'll have to plan something that gets him his cheap fags. 

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks for clearing my query on membership, guys!

You right about cruising losing its lustre.  After the last Costa ship my husband is refusing to go onto another cruise!  I have managed to persuade another family to do the MSC Grandiosa in November with me and my son; after I think it will just be me and my son for the foreseeable future unless I can persuade hubby to set sail again!!   

For me the value for money is still just about there and my son really enjoys the kids clubs.  I still enjoy the theatres/shows but what with the flights, pre-hotel stays, cost of the excursions, short time in ports, no real sail in/out wow ports, lack of free films on MSC and Costa - I too am thinking about easing up. 

I agree with Beamafar in that there are just far too many ships and dull itineraries.  With the ships they do have, the cutbacks are becoming ever evident. 

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, Beamafar said:

I see that the extra 5% discount is open to everybody and not just for VC members.  🙄  The only thing VC members are getting is to opportunity to book before non-members.  With MSC's policy of only releasing a small number of cabins at a time, this may not necessarily be an advantage.

When we booked Meraviglia, we couldn't choose our cabin location;  it was allocated later on.  Fortunately we booked just before Voyagers' Club was introduced, so we got the 20% Black Card discount.

Do Aurea guests not have a separate dining room on Seaside-class?

I booked Meraviglia in the two week period before the introduction of VC with the 20% discount for Black Card and got to choose my cabin. Don't know why you couldn't.

Booked the Seashore for 3 of us in a yacht club deluxe for $6300 (July 2021). This is our first MSC cruise. Is that high?! I can't touch the Haven on  NCL for that price ...  and MSC includes alcohol for the 3 of us, whereas NCL only gives it to the first 2 pax. What am I missing here? 

Edited by CruisingSince1982