Carry On Bags

Fixit2010

Normally when I go anywhere I end up taking 3 carry on items, my back pack, a camera bag and my laptop.

It does get a bit tricky with one bag on my back, and one over each shoulder.  So this time I was thinking of a bigger back pack where I can get the laptop in or the camera and my other

stuff I carry as hand luggage.  

What do other people do who go laden with tech and other things ?  

Do they get a cabin bag on wheels or juggle loads of bags?

Not sure how you’ve been flying, if you have, with 3 bags. My recommendation is to get a small 4-wheel hardside rollon and a bag that sits on it or a light backpack. 

I use use a hard side for carry on so I don’t overload it and get it too wide and not too heavy to lift overhead. 

The pack i have carries a laptop and and a charger. 

Keep them light! 

Den

• Like 1

I have both a rolling camera bag then I bring a backpack that has a slot for my laptop.  The camera stuff is heavy (I have a DSLR and several lenses I normally travel with) so I like having it in a rolling bag.  So far it has worked well - I have only done this for flying, but would assume it would work for a cruise.

I use a backpack for my medications, cameras and my iPad. I do not carry on anything else. I do wear a swimsuit under my nice shorts in case I decide to get in the pool, other wise I am good to go.  If my luggage does not make it to the room before dinner, I just don't stress about it and eat somewhere other than the MDR! 

Backpacks always. Husbands work laptop bag holds all his stuff and mine holds the money, passports, contact solution and glasses and of course a hairbrush and makeup. I wait for my bags before going into pool as I dont want saltwater hair just in case.  The only time one of our bags didn't come was on the vision of the seas because our paper tag came off of bag at port. Lesson learned: we now have the plastic tag holders. We did get the bag but at 9pm so my poor husband went to dinner with shorts. I'm sure it was noted somewhere on the cruise critic boards.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:03 AM, colocop004 said:

If my luggage does not make it to the room before dinner, I just don't stress about it and eat somewhere other than the MDR! 

Dress code on the first night is casual.

• Like 1

I recently purchased a London Fog cabin bag. It's on 4 spinning wheels and had a strap to carry it on top of my checked suitcase. The cabin bag has a slot for my laptop and room inside for prescriptions, toiletries, a change of clothes, camera bag,  and several outside zip pockets for quick access to cell phone, passport etc. I haven't put it through the test yet.

Hi Fixit2010,

I have a Tarmac Model 5549 Adventure 9 backpack that I use for this purpose.  It has a roomy camera compartment that easily holds my DSLR, point & shoot cameras as well as camera chargers, iPad and iPhone chargers, travel adapters, binoculars, etc.  There is a pocket on the back that can hold a laptop that I use to hold by iPad and all the travel related paperwork I carry.  The 'backpack' compartment is somewhat small, but I can fit a book, travel journal, meds, glasses, passports etc without problems.  This model is now obsolete, however Tarmac has a number of newer models with similar features.  You might want to check out what Tarmac has to offer to see if there is something that meets your needs.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Paul

On 6/20/2019 at 1:49 PM, Fixit2010 said:

Normally when I go anywhere I end up taking 3 carry on items, my back pack, a camera bag and my laptop.

It does get a bit tricky with one bag on my back, and one over each shoulder.  So this time I was thinking of a bigger back pack where I can get the laptop in or the camera and my other

stuff I carry as hand luggage.  

What do other people do who go laden with tech and other things ?  

Do they get a cabin bag on wheels or juggle loads of bags?

I do travel at times with 3 carry on bags. I use a hard side roller bag, a small man bag and backpack. My man bag will fit in the backpack and the laptop fits is the roller bag. My backpack fits on the roller bag handles.

After days and days and ... days of researching backpacks, (posh ones, anti theft ones, hiking ones, urban ones, etc) I have found a large 40L back pack, which I hope will do the trick.  I was thinking small roll on case and a small back pack but that was creating less space in the car and more for me to lug about. worst case I will take the smallest item out and wear that over the shoulder strap.  

Thanks for your ideas everyone