Check in via the Celebrity App question.

clueless2

Bottom line:  How many days before a cruise do they allow you to log in via the Celebrity app?

Now that we're less then 90 days away it appears I can check in via the Celebrity website on my PC (it lets me click on it now and it pops up a message telling me the advantages of using the app to check in).   However the app will not allow me to check in.  It keeps adding a day on the app as to when check in will be available :).  In other words a couple of days ago it was July 4,  yesterday July 5 and today July 6.

I know I've go lots of time but it just seems odd.  I was going to use the app so I could do the whole picture thing.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We did check-in for our Summit cruise on-line, uploaded photos and our Xpass is showing up on the app and it says our sea pass cards will be waiting for us at our cabin.

Our family group checked in for our July 12 sailing a few days back, though some of us couldn’t upload our pictures. But we received the Xpass with a message saying our sea pass will be outside our stateroom door. 

Has anyone done this recently, how does it work? How does one retrieve the sea pass, what about the photo? Previously we would always check-in online but still had to fill in a form and wait in line to board. Has all of this changed now? Curious...🤔

7 hours ago, prish said:

Our family group checked in for our July 12 sailing a few days back, though some of us couldn’t upload our pictures. But we received the Xpass with a message saying our sea pass will be outside our stateroom door. 

Has anyone done this recently, how does it work? How does one retrieve the sea pass, what about the photo? Previously we would always check-in online but still had to fill in a form and wait in line to board. Has all of this changed now? Curious...🤔

When you board you can go directly to your stateroom and your sea pass will be in a envelop outside your door.  The stateroom may not be ready but you can drop your carry-ons, put valuables in the safe and then leave until cabins are ready.

Not sure if this works the same for those who didn’t upload photos as at some point  the photo must be taken.

The best comparison I can make is a Next Day Air type of envelope. It’s about the size of a #10 mailing envelope, completely sealed with a “zipper / tear” opener. I believe it was dark blue.  You will see the envelope outside your stateroom behind your cabin number where you will later find “mail” throughout your cruise.  Stateroom attendants were very visible, and in my case were greeting and assisting passengers.   

1 hour ago, prish said:

Don’t you need to punch in your card when boarding? And is leaving the sea pass on the door safe? Seems to me anyone can pick it up! There’s obviously something I’m missing...

Trust me if there was any shenanigans with sea passes, we would have heard about it here on CC.

8 hours ago, prish said:

Don’t you need to punch in your card when boarding? And is leaving the sea pass on the door safe? Seems to me anyone can pick it up! There’s obviously something I’m missing...

6 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Trust me if there was any shenanigans with sea passes, we would have heard about it here on CC.

RCI has been doing this for years (at least on their Quantum class ships), and it does not seem to have created any problems.  

On my Eclipse sailing you did not go to a counter to check in.  It was done thru the App or with you set sail pass.  Staff assisted with either facial recognition screens , or via a hand held iPad.  Once okayed, you walked (and walked) to the gangway and up to the first of many hand sanitizer staff members followed by a welcome flute of sparkling wine, pink “champagne” or a mimosa. 

7 minutes ago, Cruizinggirl said:

On my Eclipse sailing you did not go to a counter to check in.  It was done thru the App or with you set sail pass.  Staff assisted with either facial recognition screens , or via a hand held iPad.  Once okayed, you walked (and walked) to the gangway and up to the first of many hand sanitizer staff members followed by a welcome flute of sparkling wine, pink “champagne” or a mimosa. 

So we would actually need to submit pics then. How do you know when you can board doing the online checkin?

Some of us haven’t been able to upload our pictures, so we’ll obviously have to do this when we get to the cruise terminal. I suppose they’ll also check our passports since we’re on a Seward-Vancouver sailing.

But thanks for explaining the boarding process, I wasn’t quite able to figure it out.