Which cruise would you choose...Breeze vs Sunshine

jburk

Thinking of a cruise for our 20 yr anniversary. We are from Texas and usually sail out of Galveston. Since it’s a milestone anniversary we are looking to do something more special.

We typically cruise for the ship and not the ports. This time is different and we really want to see new places. We are looking at flying to Florida. My options are:

6 day Breeze to Nassau, Amber Cove and Grand Turk 

5 day Sunrise to Grand Turk, Princess Cays

6 day Breeze to Half Moon Cay, Amber Cove and Grand Turk. 

Price is comparable on all 3. 

I am leaning towards the last one. The husband is more into the 5 day. He is a bit reluctant to ask the grandparents to watch our kids for that many days since we would have an extra day flying in.  I would also really like to sail the Breeze. The Magic was our favorite ship. 

Which would you pick and why?

1 minute ago, jburk said:

Thinking of a cruise for our 20 yr anniversary. We are from Texas and usually sail out of Galveston. Since it’s a milestone anniversary we are looking to do something more special.

We typically cruise for the ship and not the ports. This time is different and we really want to see new places. We are looking at flying to Florida. My options are:

I am leaning towards the last one. The husband is more into the 5 day. He is a bit reluctant to ask the grandparents to watch our kids for that many days since we would have an extra day flying in.  I would also really like to sail the Breeze. The Magic was our favorite ship. 

i would choose the Breeze - much nicer ship overall and it goes to Half Moon Cay

Your thread title says Sunshine but your post says Sunrise. I loved the Sunshine and would love to go on that ship again.  But, looking at your list, I would pick the last one.  Since you said the price is comparable, 6 days is better than 5 which rules out the middle one.  And Half Moon Cay is better than Nassau (IMO), which leaves the 3rd one.  

52 minutes ago, jburk said:

I would also choose this one. Nassau is infamous in itself. Half Moon Cay has probably the best beach in the Bahamas. Amber Cove is a fenced off compound in the Dominican Republic. Grand Turk is suitable for beach days too.

Breeze to HMC, GT and GT.  Breeze is the much nicer ship, and this 6 day is better than 5 for a comparable fare.   Just 1 lousy port, AC.

The 1st Breeze itinerary has 2 bad ports, Nassau & AC.

The remade ship is more crowded than its original, since it has less public space per pax than before. It is only 5 days and PC does not compare to HMC.

Option #3 - the Breeze going to HMC, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk would be my choice. Easy choice for me simply because I LOVE Half Moon Cay. I've been looking at that itinerary myself for next year. (The other options are good too and better than no cruise at all!)

2 hours ago, jburk said:

6 day Breeze to Half Moon Cay, Amber Cove and Grand Turk. would be our pick!

But,,,,You can internet search 'how many ships in port', several sites will pop up, then search all 3 to see which cruise has the least amount of ships in port!

For instance,,,we'd pick your #3, but lets say there's 2 ships in Nassau, and 2 ships in Grand Turk and Half moon Cay, we'd go with the Nassau cruise! 2 ships in Grand Turk and or Half Moon Cay would be too crowded! Same with Amber Cove, too crowded with 2 ships!

As far as ships go, the Breeze would also be our pick here by a lot!

Edited by AmBear

Although we have never been to Princess Cays and would like to visit, we would choose the Breeze trip to HMC.  The Sunshine is our least favorite ship and the Breeze is our favorite.  We will spend much more time on the ship than in the port, so it is an easy choice.

I was told by a carnival worker on previous cruise if I ever had the chance to go to half moon cay to go because it was their favorite. I'm getting that chance nov 2020 on the breeze. I cant wait still along way off but it'll get her eventually

Breeze w/HMC since Breeze is my favorite ship and I haven’t been to any of those ports.

If you don’t want that to be a beach day do the Breeze with Nassau. I found  a lot to see and do there without an excursion. And I didn’t even make it  over to paradise island.