Wine Corkage Fee

Took bottle of Dom ($157 Total Wine, $240+grat onboard) to dining room and practically had to wrestle with waiters to charge us.  Of course we had already bought several bottles through them.  While I signed a bill not sure that it ever showed up on our folio. 

Did ask them if I add tip to bill how much they keep and it is just a small percentage.  So I quit adding tips to the wine charges and just give them added cash at the end.  So it did work out better for the waiters not to charge us corkage.

Edited by LeeW
more

20 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Can I ask what ship(s)?  We weren't charged on Symphony but I know it's a gamble.

EN, GR, NAV, LIB.  

not even being in a suite helps.  we must have those faces that scream ' go ahead a charge corkage fees.  we won't object'  

and yes every time I mention that we are charged, half a dozen people swear up one side and down the other they have never been charged.  

it's no biggie, we have just started opening it in our cabin, and watching the sun set from the balcony.  I can usually snag that last glass before leaving the Lounge to bring to dinner.  

Sometimes we bring an open bottle, sometimes it needs to be opened. We have never been charged a fee. We cruised with a group of friends 2 years ago and brought two, unopened bottles to dinner. They opened both bottles and put them in ice buckets. They did not charge us a fee.

18 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Sometimes we bring an open bottle, sometimes it needs to be opened. We have never been charged a fee. We cruised with a group of friends 2 years ago and brought two, unopened bottles to dinner. They opened both bottles and put them in ice buckets. They did not charge us a fee.

Not sure that fee was around 2 years ago....🤔

1 minute ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Not sure that fee was around 2 years ago....🤔

Correct, they started with a $25 fee, then removed the fee entirely for  few years, then started up again with the $15 fee.