Kennedy Space Center excursion- Only 5hrs?

fstuff1

im on the Dawn july 4th cruise out of NY to Nassau, bahamas.

at port canaveral, we docked at 1pm and all aboard at 8:30pm.

1:30p is the ksc excursion. 1/2hr travel time each way only gives us 4hrs. NOT ENOUGH TIME! 😞

wasnt it longer before when the Gem/Breakaway was out of NY?

plus you got to see a special IMAX movie just for cruisers AFTER the space center closed?

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

1:30p is the ksc excursion. 1/2hr travel time each way only gives us 4hrs. NOT ENOUGH TIME! 😞

plus you got to see a special IMAX movie just for cruisers AFTER the space center closed?

No idea what point you are trying to make. If it is too short, don’t take it. Simple. We were on the Escape with a PC stop at the same time and took the KSC tour. We loved it. 

41 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

NASA closes at 6:00....

for the general public, yes. if you are part of a tour group such as a shore excursion, they extend the closing hours

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No idea what point you are trying to make.

in the past on Gem/Breakaway last year, wasnt the KSC excursion longer including IMAX for cruisers after the center closed?

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

for the general public, yes. if you are part of a tour group such as a shore excursion, they extend the closing hours

It is NOT a tour group. It is a transfer to KSC with admission. They set you lose and set a meeting time in the parking lot. There is no "extended hours" and no way to tell a NCL shore ex customer from anyone else who just showed up and bought a ticket.

22 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

If it's  not enough time, then rent a car and go on your own, or just stay ont he ship.

I was there last year on RCI. There were two tours offered for KSC, one that was a guided tour, and one that was just transportation and admission. IMHO, the time I was there was enough. We didn't get to see the IMAX, but by then we were done. I also found that the concessions will give Disney a run for their money.

I did KSC after a Carnival cruise and would skip the Imax as seeing the exhibits are more interesting.

I do agree that 4 hours isn't enough, but if you research ahead of time I'm sure you can see the most important parts that you want to see.

"we docked at 1pm and all aboard at 8:30pm.  1:30p is the ksc excursion. 1/2hr travel time each way only gives us 4hrs."

Well it might only be 4 hours, but the math suggests 6 hours are available and the excursion is listed as "5 hrs Estimate Duration."  As to the closing time of KSC, their website (https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/) says " closing time varies by season."

• Like 1