Room Service

K Kruisers

7 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

There is only the room service door hanger for breakfast, but it looks like they are now offering hot breakfast sandwiches on some ships for a fee. 

...LoL.......You said HOT.....LoL. No seriously, that would be great if you need to get off first thing. As for HOT I doubt that will happening, but its the thought that counts.

9 minutes ago, Alaskan Joe said:

...LoL.......You said HOT.....LoL. No seriously, that would be great if you need to get off first thing. As for HOT I doubt that will happening, but its the thought that counts.

Lol. You're right. Prob more like lukewarm.

I've been looking for such breakfast options on Carnival for years... still no dice, and not holding my breath.

I did note on the Liberty this last weekend that, as was mentioned previously, there were options for (couple dollars each?) breakfast sandwiches of some type on the room service door hanger. 

This was also my first experience with their new room service menu. Certainly more to choose from, but wow - so many things now are at an additional cost. I did order the buffalo chicken wings (had previously done this a few years ago when they first had a few pay options on there). The wings have improved since that time. Nothing to write home about, but at least I didn't feel that I had thrown my money away as was previously the case. 🙂

Tom

I tried one of the breakfast sandwiches on the Miracle in April and it was horrible. Still only continental type breakfasts from room service. We order danish, aagels, cream cheese, coffee from room service and DH goes to the Lido and brings us back eggs, sausage, potatoes to have with our room service order. He used to be able to order Lox, but no more. He now brings Lox from home and keeps it in the cabin fridge to have with the bagels and cream cheese. We love Holland America's hot breakfasts with room service and get free Mimosas and eggs benedict in our Neptune Suites. Wish Carnival would offer hot breakfasts!

36 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

We order danish, bagels, cream cheese, coffee from room service and DH goes to the Lido and brings us back eggs, sausage, potatoes to have with our room service order.

He used to be able to order Lox, but no more. He now brings Lox from home and keeps it in the cabin fridge to have with the bagels and cream cheese. 

Ok, so no lox on the breakfast 'door hanger', but bringing lox from home??? What? No lox on Lido? If your DH goes to Lido to bring back eggs, sausage & potatoes to the cabin, how come he does not bring back lox from the Lido as well?? Bringing your own lox from home, I don't understand. Has Carnival discontinued lox from their ships entirely?? Is lox no longer available at the Lido buffet?

🤔

Edited by ObstructedView2

lox is on the breakfast menu, the Sea Day brunch menu, and at the deli.

4 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

Last year I enjoyed a BLT for breakfast. 

from the door hanger breakfast menu?

1 hour ago, SandiLynn said:

You can order from MDR menu to go and bring back to your room.

I've never heard/seen anything about MDR "to go" orders. Can you tell me how this works, or what your experience has been with this?

Tom

1 hour ago, coevan said:

I've seen on these forums that some people write in certain things that are available off the regular room service menu, on the breakfast hanger menu- maybe that's how this poster got a BLT.  

I found this out by accident a few cruises ago. My husband was not feeling well and I wanted to eat so I went to MDR. We had had the same Maitre d (Julia) the prior cruise and she asked why I was alone. I told her my husband was not ready to come down to eat. She asked if I wanted to order to go for both of us. I jumped on the chance, I ordered  from menu and went back to room. She called room when it was ready and I went and picked it up. She said we could pre order for next morning if we wanted. 

This was in 2016 on Dream. We have not tried since. We like going and eating with new people.

Also, when we caught up to some friends later that cruise they said they have ordered from MDR and picked up to bring back to their room a few times. I am not sure if this is still something you can do ,but I did see them eating their MDR meal one night.

2 hours ago, purplephenom said:

I've seen on these forums that some people write in certain things that are available off the regular room service menu, on the breakfast hanger menu- maybe that's how this poster got a BLT.  

Maybe they can answer for them selves or it was after 10am

5 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Ok, so no lox on the breakfast 'door hanger', but bringing lox from home??? What? No lox on Lido? If your DH goes to Lido to bring back eggs, sausage & potatoes to the cabin, how come he does not bring back lox from the Lido as well?? Bringing your own lox from home, I don't understand. Has Carnival discontinued lox from their ships entirely?? Is lox no longer available at the Lido buffet?

🤔

Actually you can order Lox, bagel & cream cheese from the breakfast door hanger, but it is a charge of $3.00.  I have a pix of the door hanger on my phone but not sure how to add it here....

3 hours ago, purplephenom said:

We have been getting a BLT for our breakfast "sandwich" for years.  Since room service is available 24 hours a day all we do is call in our coffee order along with the BLT order.  I get a side of ranch for dipping, too.  We usually get delivery within 15 minutes. I've never tried writing it on the door hangar, but that might work. We like the flexibility of just calling in our order.  Don't have to be tied in to the door hangar delivery time.  

40 minutes ago, coevan said:

Maybe they can answer for them selves or it was after 10am

You can order anything off of the regular room service menu 24 hours a day.  We love a BLT for breakfast and know others that like a grilled cheese.  We just call it in. Haven't used the door hangar in years. Never had a problem.  We usually order between 7 and 8 in the morning. 

5 hours ago, coevan said:

Called to request it. Someone told me you could write in. I did not try it. Maybe someone cruising soon can try it. 

DS tried a for fee breakfast sandwich last cruise.  

He said it was not hot and was “horrible”!  He didn’t eat most of it. 

And he will eat or try anything, so I believe him. 

Soo yeah, Carnival, if you’re going to charge for an item it better be pretty good & edible. 

• Like 1