Getting credit for 250 minute internet perk

mertziek

I want to preorder my unlimited internet package prior to our cruise.  I have the 250 min promo plus I also have 60 free minutes of internet for being platinum plus.  Does anyone know if I can do this precruise and get credit for both in advance or do I have to wait until I get onboard?  TIA

Edited by mertziek

No, it can only be done onboard your ship.  

Don't worry, it will NOT sell out like Vibe passes, just more users sharing the bandwidth.  The package prices might, I say, might possibly go up in the near future ... given NCL trending lately.  Otherwise, you get a trade-up credit for the 250 minutes, and apparently very rcently, also for the 30 or 60 minutes plan.  

2 hours ago, mertziek said:

I want to preorder my unlimited internet package prior to our cruise.  I have the 250 min promo plus I also have 60 free minutes of internet for being platinum plus.  Does anyone know if I can do this precruise and get credit for both in advance or do I have to wait until I get onboard?  TIA

You can do it onboard. Check with the internet manager on  what they are willing to do. The automatic system will allow you to trade up one of the promotions. I have had multiple internet managers refuse to combined the offers. I have also had multiple internet managers give me credit for both. Good luck. 

You can NOT convert plans/minutes pre-cruise.

You have nothing to gain buying in advance pre-cruise - - -

The clock starts when you logon on the ship

The unlimited plan has no merits pre-cruise and after final disembarking 

There maybe the $3.95 activation fee (NCL it is always FEES !)

Talk with the Internet Café manager when you get on board.

See what he can do - - -

If stonewalled:

Alternate plan if credits can't be given for Platinum and P+ minutes - - -

Use your Platinum and P+ minutes right away establishing an account with logon/off apts.

Next convert the 250 minute perk promo package to an unlimited plan (value about $125)

paying about $80 for one of the unlimited plans this can be done automatically without IC assistance

It may be beneficial to do the upgrade on the second day of the cruise paying for only

6/7ths of the 7 day plan.

Again talk with the IC manager for the best least expensive plan that suits your needs.

Hope he is one of the exemplary managers !

Do it on board. When you log in the first time on board, it will ask you if you want to upgrade. Say yes and then you will see the credit to your onboard account for the 250 mins promo. I've done this and it worked fine.

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You can do it onboard. Check with the internet manager on  what they are willing to do. The automatic system will allow you to trade up one of the promotions. I have had multiple internet managers refuse to combined the offers. I have also had multiple internet managers give me credit for both. Good luck. 

When i was  on the jade I had the 250 minute package and asked to have my free 30 latitudes minutes added and he wouldn’t do it. he said I had to wait until I used up all of my 250  minutes first. . But on the epic I had no problem getting my free 30 minutes added to my 250 minute pkg. Strange!  The trouble is waiting in line so long. 

25 minutes ago, ddlb said:

. Strange!  The trouble is waiting in line so long. 

25 minutes ago, ddlb said:

Not ONLY that....but very limited hours for manager...very hard to get help !!!

It looks like if I prebook, I get a 15% discount on the unlimited package.  This is a 19 day cruise, so the unlimited package is discounted to $399.  .   However, I have 250 free minutes that I wanted to apply to that price.    So if I am understanding your recommendations, you think I should wait until I get onboard to upgrade?

The internet on NCL is a joke, 

I have a tip, DON’T PURCHASE INTERNET SERVICES ON NCL, I spent over $200 on 1 unlimited premium internet package for our recent cruise, it frequently didn’t work, it would not connect to sites, nothing like it was advertised, PLUS they wanted me to spend an additional $9.95 to be able to message people on the ship with their app, REALLY? I just spend over $200.

NCL internet is a decade behind Royal Caribbean’s VOOM, which worked great, NCL should be ashamed, their excuse was that their locked into a contract with some crappy company providing the service and they can’t get out of the contract in order to update their internet services on all their ships.

Plus we also had “free” internet from our package of 250 minutes, my girlfriend couldn’t even use that up since she couldn’t get online and surf reliably. I posted what the browser would frequently show.

B6B823A4-10A3-4A58-94A9-7D84718B43FA.jpeg

722C5805-3E9E-4634-918B-549BFB64B794.png

8 hours ago, snirpville said:

Do it on board. When you log in the first time on board, it will ask you if you want to upgrade. Say yes and then you will see the credit to your onboard account for the 250 mins promo. I've done this and it worked fine.

Wow, so nice to not have to stand in line to upgrade from free at sea 250 promo to unlimited.    Can you advise on which ship you were able to do this?

Thanks.

16 hours ago, Contessa30 said:

It looks like if I prebook, I get a 15% discount on the unlimited package.  This is a 19 day cruise, so the unlimited package is discounted to $399.  .   However, I have 250 free minutes that I wanted to apply to that price.    So if I am understanding your recommendations, you think I should wait until I get onboard to upgrade?

The unlimited package should tell you how much you’ll be saving by booking it ahead of time.  I believe the credit of the 250 to upgrade is $125 (or about that). Which is cheaper??  Are you saving more than $125 if you book ahead of time?   If so, then book ahead of time, but make sure you pick another perk.  I don’t think they credit you the $125 before you board to upgrade.  Make sense??

On my recent 7 day cruise I had the 250min free internet perk and I upgraded to unlimited internet (surf only option, no streaming) on the morning of the second day (I was waiting in line the minute internet manager was on duty lol) and the upgrade cost less than $50.  

At least in my experience the internet was surprisingly useable, meeting my need with little issue.   

In your case I would suggest use your free 60 min on day 1 and then upgrade from your 250 min on day 2 for the prorated price of 6 days.  

15 hours ago, normr said:

The internet on NCL is a joke, 

I have a tip, DON’T PURCHASE INTERNET SERVICES ON NCL, I spent over $200 on 1 unlimited premium internet package for our recent cruise, it frequently didn’t work, it would not connect to sites, nothing like it was advertised, PLUS they wanted me to spend an additional $9.95 to be able to message people on the ship with their app, REALLY? I just spend over $200.

NCL internet is a decade behind Royal Caribbean’s VOOM, which worked great, NCL should be ashamed, their excuse was that their locked into a contract with some crappy company providing the service and they can’t get out of the contract in order to update their internet services on all their ships.

Plus we also had “free” internet from our package of 250 minutes, my girlfriend couldn’t even use that up since she couldn’t get online and surf reliably. I posted what the browser would frequently show.

B6B823A4-10A3-4A58-94A9-7D84718B43FA.jpeg

722C5805-3E9E-4634-918B-549BFB64B794.png

We had decent service on the Getaway in 2018, but have been hearing horror stories recently. I switched my promo from the 250 minutes to Dining package. Get more monies worth that way. We are port intensive, so I think will just use my wireless data plan in port and maybe just pay for wifi the days at sea or the social media package. Or just have fun and ignore the world. 

I can't remember what the cost was after they applied the $125 credit for the 250 minutes...but it was worth it as I was on a 10 day cruise. Internet service was fine the whole time. Never had an issue. I did note that there were some websites that appeared to be inaccessible so not sure if NCL was blocking them but I didn't really care too much.

My parents had the 250 promo and additional minutes due to their latitudes tier and the IT manager added it on for them. It did mean waiting in line though (maybe 30 minutes). In the meantime, we helped a few people add the login and logout buttons to their phones so they left the line making it slightly shorter! :-)

The login.com and logout.com are simple, easy to add for anyone with basic tech knowledge, as it is just bookmark URL links or shortcuts on the desktop or mobile browser's interface - nothing complicated like "installing" more Apps, which sound challenging to a handful.  

10 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

The login.com and logout.com are simple, easy to add for anyone with basic tech knowledge, as it is just bookmark URL links or shortcuts on the desktop or mobile browser's interface - nothing complicated like "installing" more Apps, which sound challenging to a handful.  

Agreed but more than a few people in that line were not sure how to do it or even what it meant. So we helped them out so they didn't have to wait in line. 

Yupp - just click on the icon apt - logged on - click again and logged off.

Clock starts stops with no complicated - gee did I log off and 4 hours 10 minutes later all 250 minutes has POOF

gone to the at great void. Perhaps if you are lucky and get a sympathetic IC manager you can get it restored.

With the unlimited plan fine nothing to worry about here except if someone else in your party shares the time

they can't use it till you log off - only 1 device at a time.

Only takes a few seconds for the IC manager or folks like snirpville to install the icon apt !

Thank You snirpville !

• Like 1

Working in IT I feel for the Internet Managers. It's nothing but a mess of people who typically don't know how to use their devices. They are super patient. I've never had any luck getting my promo minutes bundled with my platinum minutes. I have a 9 day coming up and will be going for the premium unlimited because why not. Yeah, it stinks because I can see it online right now for $265.50, so that would work out to $160.50 based on online pricing. But on ship it won't have a 15% discount so will run roughly $305 for the package with setup minus the $125 credit the package is worth on board so $20 more.... Typical NCL surcharge. 

8 hours ago, ja2nowak said:

Working in IT I feel for the Internet Managers. It's nothing but a mess of people who typically don't know how to use their devices. They are super patient. I've never had any luck getting my promo minutes bundled with my platinum minutes. I have a 9 day coming up and will be going for the premium unlimited because why not. Yeah, it stinks because I can see it online right now for $265.50, so that would work out to $160.50 based on online pricing. But on ship it won't have a 15% discount so will run roughly $305 for the package with setup minus the $125 credit the package is worth on board so $20 more.... Typical NCL surcharge. 

Definitely make sure you wait until Day 2 to upgrade as others have posted!  You will save yourself that $20 plus!

4 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

Definitely make sure you wait until Day 2 to upgrade as others have posted!  You will save yourself that $20 plus!

It is almost like paying for 6/7ths of a 7 day cruise - getting a hidden 1 day discount - don't be too hasty to sign-up

and get logged in - take full advantage of anything the IC manager offers you - burn free latitude minutes on the

first day or until you sign up for something else. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So, reading through this topic, the advice appears to be wait until you're aboard and you've used up your free wi-fi minutes to sign up for a package. 

I'm on a 12-day Australia/New Zealand cruise with elderly parents at home, so I am considering getting the streaming upgrade so I won't have to worry about getting in touch with them. 

Here's my question. I hate getting in lines for that sort of thing onboard! We're booked in a category that has concierge/butler service. Is signing me up for the wi-fi package be something the concierge could facilitate? Anyone had experience with that? I'd honestly pay the advance purchase cost to avoid lining up to take care of it once on board!