Priority Boarding Platinum Question

No, but you can always sit in the non-priority area and board together. 

Another option that would allow priority boarding together is to split the couples up so there is one Platinum in each cabin when booking the cruise. You could then switch cabins after boarding so each couple is in the same cabin. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, teacher2cruiser said:

If two couples are traveling together and only one couple has priority boarding due to being platinum, will the two couples be able to both sit in the priority area and board the ship together?

No, only if they are booked in the same cabin.  It wouldn't really be fair to other priority guests if this were allowed.  What if there were 30 couples who were traveling with others and wanted to do the same thing.  Then you would have an additional 60 folks waiting and boarding in priority.

• Like 3

My son and our grand son were booked in our suite. They still had to go to regular check in. However, they did have them go in the short line after asking if they could check in with us. reason given. Their information and cabin card was at regular boarding and ours were in where Diamond checks in. We actually finished exactly at the same time.

1 hour ago, teacher2cruiser said:

If two couples are traveling together and only one couple has priority boarding due to being platinum, will the two couples be able to both sit in the priority area and board the ship together?

The non platinum couple may not even be able to enter the terminal until their arrival appointment.  

15 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

My son and our grand son were booked in our suite. They still had to go to regular check in. However, they did have them go in the short line after asking if they could check in with us. reason given. Their information and cabin card was at regular boarding and ours were in where Diamond checks in. We actually finished exactly at the same time.

If you are Diamond and your son and grandson were in the same cabin/suite as you, their boarding passes and luggage tags (if you used them) would have the red priority chevron on them. They are allowed to check-in with you, wait in the priority boarding area with you, and board with you. 

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If you are Diamond and your son and grandson were in the same cabin/suite as you, their boarding passes and luggage tags (if you used them) would have the red priority chevron on them. They are allowed to check-in with you, wait in the priority boarding area with you, and board with you. 

I do not remember what was on them. They did look at everything we had and that was the result. They were very nice about it and it all worked out with no problems at all. As I mentioned. They put them in a short line and it went very fast anyhow. No complaints at all.

Wow!  I guess an innocent question from someone who had no intentions of beating the system, but rather just considering how it might work when traveling with other family members deserves such nasty and snippy replies. 

And I definitely could figure out on my own that I could sit in the regular area. I personally get no pleasure from talking down to others on a message board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teacher2cruiser said:

Wow!  I guess an innocent question from someone who had no intentions of beating the system, but rather just considering how it might work when traveling with other family members deserves such nasty and snippy replies. 

People get nasty and snippy when the same question (or some variation on it) is asked and answered repeatedly in this forum yet people continue to ask it instead of searching existing threads.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

People get nasty and snippy when the same question (or some variation on it) is asked and answered repeatedly in this forum yet people continue to ask it instead of searching existing threads.

And when they have cruised enough to make platinum but still don't understand the rules or how taking advantage of them is detrimental to the program. Can't wait to see the 150 day platinum in place.

• Like 3

When I first started cruising 21 years ago, our friends (who we still cruise with today) were already Platinum and they were allowed to bring 2 additional people with them at that time. I think on about our 9th cruise they did away with that perk. Then on my 10th cruise (before you went by the number of days sailed) we were Platinum so didn't have to wait in the long lines. I believe the long lines are a thing of the past now with the assigned boarding times. I hardly ever see them as we are in the boarding process.

I think that most of these types of questions are innocent enough, although most posters probably don’t think there are probably lots of people in the same situation. Pretty soon, a couple, becomes a hundred. There are lots of similiar type inquiries...can I bring so and so and their friends to the past guest party, can the dining room heat my babies food, will the bartenders blend my protein drinks, and the list goes on. I’m sure on a cruise ship with a few thousand people, several have the same request.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I think that most of these types of questions are innocent enough, although most posters probably don’t think there are probably lots of people in the same situation. Pretty soon, a couple, becomes a hundred. There are lots of similiar type inquiries...can I bring so and so and their friends to the past guest party, can the dining room heat my babies food, will the bartenders blend my protein drinks, and the list goes on. I’m sure on a cruise ship with a few thousand people, several have the same request.

Honestly, I thought that's what the message board was all about - asking questions and getting information.  I've always sung the praises of Cruise Critic, but I am seeing more and more personal attacks.  I'm a  teacher, and I teach that kindness is never a mistake. 

We are traveling to Alaska with another couple who have less cruise experience than us. Apparently I asked a really bad question.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 6:42 PM, teacher2cruiser said:

And I definitely could figure out on my own that I could sit in the regular area. I personally get no pleasure from talking down to others on a message board.

You've been on the CC boards for 13 years and posted 856 times, maybe you've seen this question come up before?

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, glrounds said:

Do the cruises and get the perks. Quit trying to game the system. You only demean yourself.

Or you could cruise out of Long Beach. Both cruises I've done out of that home port took less than 15 minutes from entering the parking garage to getting my food on Lido deck. More time spent searching for a parking space (had to drive to 3rd floor) than "waiting" at any point in the terminal. Literally just walk right up and are showing my documents to an agent about 30 seconds later, and from that point it is continuous walking until I'm on the ship. (First time I arrived at 11:30 and second time at 12:30.)

It was never like that out of Houston, Seattle, or Miami!

Why do people think they have to give nasty remarks?  Would it not be easier to either say "No, it's not possible" to the poster or just pass over it.  The first five responders answered her question.  Then the snarky remarks started.  

It's quite possible that in her 13 year and 856 postings, she never read any of the posting about Platinum cruisers boarding non Platinum cruisers with them.  People normally only read postings that look interesting to them.  And sometimes the search function will bring up everything but what you are looking for.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2019 at 6:42 PM, teacher2cruiser said:

This question is a sensitive one and the same question has been asked over and over. the problem is, if everyone who is priority brings someone with them to the priority line you no longer have priority! Plus, the lounge gets full and those with true priority end up with no where to sit. Now that they sell that priviledge thru FTTF, it also wouldn't be fair to those who paid for the privledge to have priority boarding.

Pat

• Like 3

On 7/7/2019 at 4:13 PM, Elaine5715 said:

The non platinum couple may not even be able to enter the terminal until their arrival appointment.  

True, I just had this happen.  I decided to wait with them. I will never do this again.  I had them get their arrival time right when it was available and they still got 12:30 to 1.  I didn't like getting on the ship that late.

I've traveled with friends who were in different cabins and we simply didn't feel it was necessary to stay glued to each other throughout the entire process. 

We just decided ahead of time to meet at the atrium bar/serenity deck/somewhere else at a certain time.  Plus, you can call/text all you want prior to sailing so you can contact the others and decide where to meet after you board.

• Like 1