New Ship Activities on Grand Princess

denmarks

None. Less than before no ceramics classes. Computer bingo for $59 a card. No more happy hour or two for one. Shows reduced to 30 minutes. Barrel chair removed from balcony rooms and below. No more writing in extras on room service menu. You must only order what is printed. The ordering of breakfast through the app got the food at 6 am every day no matter what time you checked. Use paper. 

5 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

None. Less than before no ceramics classes. Computer bingo for $59 a card. No more happy hour or two for one. Shows reduced to 30 minutes. Barrel chair removed from balcony rooms and below. No more writing in extras on room service menu. You must only order what is printed. The ordering of breakfast through the app got the food at 6 am every day no matter what time you checked. Use paper. 

Oh no. Ceramics stopped about 10 years ago. Bingo for $59??? I remember shows being cut to 45 minutes.

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

No more writing in extras on room service menu. You must only order what is printed. The ordering of breakfast through the app got the food at 6 am every day no matter what time you checked. Use paper. 

On a recent cruise (end of May) we ordered breakfast using the app and added what we wanted. We got what we ordered and it came at the requested time. Princess: Consistently inconsistent.

Some of the old production shows were cut to 35 minutes. These are being phased out. New shows are at least 45 minutes. Entertainers are 45 minutes plus. Does the Grand even have the medallion to order room service? I don't think it is scheduled until next year.

Edited by skynight

FYI Bingo was not $59 for one card, but one of the princes for multiple games on an electronic device.  There are lower prices.  I paid $30 for paper cards for the whole session.

On our cruise there was trivia, zumba, different arts and craft classes, wine tasting, more trivia, bingo, game shows at night, music trivia type games at night, singers in the lounges, and much more.  We had an amazing time on our 10 day cruise!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

On a recent cruise (end of May) we ordered breakfast using the app and added what we wanted. We got what we ordered and it came at the requested time. Princess: Consistently inconsistent.

Good to know. Maybe I can get some strawberries. Recent Grand cruise had none even if you wanted to order the chocolate covered ones. 

4 hours ago, denmarks said:

I have not been on the Grand Princess (or any cruise) for 4 years. What new activities can I expect?

Do you Zumba?   Offered on sea days.  A  group class.   Inside.   About one hour with a certified Zumba instructor.

Also morning stretch, Pilates, and Spinning.  

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

11 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Yes, you can get paper cards but when 80% get the electronic ones, you dont have much of a chance. 

Do you have actual information that those that play paper cards have a lower probability of winning than those that play electronic devices? I wouldn't think so. The computer selects numbers at random. Those numbers have equal chance to appear on a card or an electronic device.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Do you have actual information that those that play paper cards have a lower probability of winning than those that play electronic devices? I wouldn't think so. The computer selects numbers at random. Those numbers have equal chance to appear on a card or an electronic device.

I read that the electronic device has 30 cards. If you buy paper cards you will not buy that many. That makes the odds much better for the people with electronic cards especially if they are in the majority.

• Like 1