Spacious Oceanview vs. Solo Balcony Room

Okay - so going on a cruise solo.  Currently have a Solo Balcony Room. It is on the Anthem.

In taking a look at the pricing - found I could get a Spacious OceanView (in the very front of the ship) for just a little more in money. I realize I would be losing the balcony - which I will admit I do love - but don't know how much I will be using. The OceanView is quite a bit bigger and the window is a good size. Not only that but I will get double points for a solo being in a double room (at least from what I read).

Opinions?

Thanks.

Edited by BeagleAgility

4 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

Okay - so going on a cruise solo.  Currently have a Solo Balcony Room. It is on the Anthem.

In taking a look at the pricing - found I could get a Spacious OceanView (in the very front of the ship) for just a little more in money. I realize I would be losing the balcony - which I will admit I do love - but don't know how much I will be using. The OceanView is quite a bit bigger and the window is a good size. Not only that but I will get double points for a solo being in a double room (at least from what I read).

Opinions?

Thanks.

If you don't think you will miss the balcony, then go for it.

4 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

Opinions?

Thanks.

Im not a big fan of OV/Balcony as there is too much light coming into the cabin. However, I do have some booked, and they are balcony, because at least there is fresh air if I am going to have all that light waking me up at 7am. 

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You will get bonus points for solo in a dbl cabin

I guess that could be a selling point. If you are close to the next level, or trying for another level, then maybe I would re-think my previous comment.

We viewed the Anthem solo balcony cabins on a cabin crawl.  I think they're great for a solo person.   I'm a big balcony fan though.  Don't want to cruise w/o one.

Note that if there are rough seas, you will feel it most at the front of the ship.   That cabin with the big circle window is cool, but remember it's on an angle inward.  

22 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

We viewed the Anthem solo balcony cabins on a cabin crawl.  I think they're great for a solo person.   I'm a big balcony fan though.  Don't want to cruise w/o one.

Note that if there are rough seas, you will feel it most at the front of the ship.   That cabin with the big circle window is cool, but remember it's on an angle inward.  

Doesn't the aft move as much as the front?

Every action had a reaction🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We tend to choose cabins more toward the stern or aft-facing.    Forward cabins are my last choice even though I don't get seasick.  If I had to rate it, I'd say forward feels most motion, stern second, mid-ship least.   Also depends on the deck you are on.    

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

Which cabin has a round window?  The balcony cabin wouldn't..since it would have a balcony door.  I thought the Spacious OV had a big window similar to the balcony door size?  If it's on an angle upwards, are you saying that you can't look downwards towards the water?  I've never seen one, but would like too.

Thanks.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:44 PM, John&LaLa said:

Nope.  Bow is lifted by waves as it plows forward.  Stern kind of wallows in what is left.

11 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Nope.  Bow is lifted by waves as it plows forward.  Stern kind of wallows in what is left.

So if the bow is lifted, doesn't the stern also move, like a teeter-totter / see-saw?

It's not like the ship bends in the middle....

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

So if the bow is lifted, doesn't the stern also move, like a teeter-totter / see-saw?

It's not like the ship bends in the middle....

Correct, ship ship pivots around the center of mass.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:09 PM, ladysail2 said:

Which cabin has a round window?  The balcony cabin wouldn't..since it would have a balcony door.  I thought the Spacious OV had a big window similar to the balcony door size?  If it's on an angle upwards, are you saying that you can't look downwards towards the water?  I've never seen one, but would like too.

That's the Panoramic OV (or on some ships there are Spacious Panoramic OVs that are nearly suites in size). We had a Panoramic OV on Rhapsody OTS for a TA and it was very nice. We also are booked in the Spacious Panoramic on Freedom but do not think we will be able to make the cruise.. 😞