Who is currently booked on a World Cruise?

Juno777

5 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

The agent we used was SecuriGlobe, in Quebec.  They were a little hard to deal with, maybe because they had staff turnover right when I was requesting information, 888-211-4444.  But they came through with coverage split among several carriers.  Blue Cross was one, La Reliable Assurance another.  I can't even find the Allianz invoice right now.  Very confusing having multiple carriers, I'll tell you.

I must say that if you chose Viking, they have a decent rate for insurance, at least that's what I've been told.

Thank you very much for the info. I can imagine how confusing multiple carriers must be. And to really hope that you never have to use it after you go through the hoops to get the coverage is quite ironic 

I shall keep Viking in mind for future   Safe travels to you !! 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 4:14 AM, pocomum said:

Thank you very much for the info. I can imagine how confusing multiple carriers must be. And to really hope that you never have to use it after you go through the hoops to get the coverage is quite ironic 

I shall keep Viking in mind for future   Safe travels to you !! 

If you want to review Viking, check out our travel blog, as we are currently aboard the Viking Sun World Cruise

www.andyandjudi.com

Considering what is provided and it removes the pre-existing conditions clause, if you purchase with the cruise, the Viking Insurance is reasonably priced. It only covers 100K medical, so we got additional medical from BCAA.

13 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

If you want to review Viking, check out our travel blog, as we are currently aboard the Viking Sun World Cruise

www.andyandjudi.com

Considering what is provided and it removes the pre-existing conditions clause, if you purchase with the cruise, the Viking Insurance is reasonably priced. It only covers 100K medical, so we got additional medical from BCAA.

Thank you very much for sharing info. I've also been looking at RBC for their rates. They seem reasonable and do offer up to 183 days coverage. While my husband and I won't be traveling for that many days consecutively, it is nice to know there is something out there we can go to. Both he and I will be < 60 when we travel on Island Princess WC next year, but sufficient medical coverage is mandatory irregardless of age. He is retiring this year and we also plan to take more advantage our RV Membership. Perhaps we shall see you on the road sometime soon:)

Had a peek at your blog...What a fabulous time you are having!! Wishing you safe travels and hopefully we will meet on the road or on the high seas:)!!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Well, our quest to take a second WC has had several iterations. We started in early 2019 with a reservation on Cunard's Queen Victoria for 2021, but then after a 21 day on the QM2 in August 2019, we decided it was too formal for our tastes for a WC. So we switched to Princess for 2021. Then once Covid-19 broke out and ravaged everything, we decided we ought to book the 2022 Princess WC as a fall back position. 

In the meantime, I started following Andy and Judi's blog on board the Viking Sun. The itinerary of the 2022 Viking World Horizon began calling to me and after much deliberation, we finally cancelled both our Princess bookings and reserved a cabin on the Viking Star for 2022. We have 511 days until we sail. Surely, please God, a vaccine will be readily available and life will return to a semblance of normalcy by then. 

Until then, I'm starting up my RoundTheWorldWriter blog again to catalog everything we do to get ready for our next grand adventure! 

• Like 4

On 8/16/2020 at 7:38 PM, Aquadesiac said:

Well, our quest to take a second WC has had several iterations. We started in early 2019 with a reservation on Cunard's Queen Victoria for 2021, but then after a 21 day on the QM2 in August 2019, we decided it was too formal for our tastes for a WC. So we switched to Princess for 2021. Then once Covid-19 broke out and ravaged everything, we decided we ought to book the 2022 Princess WC as a fall back position. 

In the meantime, I started following Andy and Judi's blog on board the Viking Sun. The itinerary of the 2022 Viking World Horizon began calling to me and after much deliberation, we finally cancelled both our Princess bookings and reserved a cabin on the Viking Star for 2022. We have 511 days until we sail. Surely, please God, a vaccine will be readily available and life will return to a semblance of normalcy by then. 

Until then, I'm starting up my RoundTheWorldWriter blog again to catalog everything we do to get ready for our next grand adventure! 

Following your lead I read Andy and Judi's blog and have also cancelled our World cruise with Princess and we are now booked on the Viking Star World Cruise in 2022, LA to London.  We have never sailed Viking Ocean but love the Viking river cruise experience so we are taking the plunge on our first Viking Ocean voyage and our first WC.

So exciting and look forward to seeing you on board.

Diana

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DJVKN said:

Following your lead I read Andy and Judi's blog and have also cancelled our World cruise with Princess and we are now booked on the Viking Star World Cruise in 2022, LA to London.  We have never sailed Viking Ocean but love the Viking river cruise experience so we are taking the plunge on our first Viking Ocean voyage and our first WC.

So exciting and look forward to seeing you on board.

Diana

Well, now that makes two parties who've decided to join us on the Star--you Diana, and our friends Dave and Kristy from our first Princess WC in 2018! We're Viking virgins, but I'm sure they'll treat us gently! 

And BTW, my name is also Diana! See you in 505 days!

@Aquadesiac, I recently discovered your blog, and it is providing me a much needed opportunity to enjoy virtual sailing.  I am up to 2/4/18 so far.  We were a few days behind you in 2018 on the first part of the Crystal Serenity world cruise.  Our weather for the lunar eclipse was about the same, though.

We are booked on the Crystal 2022 world cruise, LA to LA, and hoping that Crystal survives and the world is better by then so that we can actually sail on it.  One thing I am learning in this pandemic is not to put all my cruise thoughts into one cruise line.  We are not ready to book a whole world cruise on a new-to-us line, though, and I have to give you kudos for your courage in that.  I think I like your itinerary better than Crystal's except that I can easily drive to LA, and not having to fly really appeals to me.  And of course, I already have Crystal booked anyway.  This time we will be about 3 weeks behind you instead of a few days.  I am looking forward to reading your impressions of your 2022 adventure, as well as the rest of your 2018 WC!  Thank you for writing and sharing it!

• Like 1

I'm doing a solo world cruise on P&O in 2022.  Solo because She Who Must Be Obeyed has no interest in being on a ship that long.   The solo part is not a big issue because we have both taken occasional trips without the other in the past.  This however will be a new record - 99 days plus travel days to and from Southampton.  The previous record was an Around The Horn cruise of 49 days that I did several years ago.

That being said, after examining the pros and cons of several cruise lines, I chose P&O.  Since I'm cruising solo, the price was important since I still have lots of other bucket list items to work on.  I'm paying an additional 59% over the per person price and by taking an inside.  I'm circumnavigating the globe for under $20K.

As long as I can find a spot on a shady promenade to watch the world glide by, a good book to read, and a wee dram or two in the evening, I'm good. 

Edited by SargassoPirate

6 hours ago, SusieQft said:

@Aquadesiac, I recently discovered your blog, and it is providing me a much needed opportunity to enjoy virtual sailing.  I am up to 2/4/18 so far.  We were a few days behind you in 2018 on the first part of the Crystal Serenity world cruise.  Our weather for the lunar eclipse was about the same, though.

We are booked on the Crystal 2022 world cruise, LA to LA, and hoping that Crystal survives and the world is better by then so that we can actually sail on it.  One thing I am learning in this pandemic is not to put all my cruise thoughts into one cruise line.  We are not ready to book a whole world cruise on a new-to-us line, though, and I have to give you kudos for your courage in that.  I think I like your itinerary better than Crystal's except that I can easily drive to LA, and not having to fly really appeals to me.  And of course, I already have Crystal booked anyway.  This time we will be about 3 weeks behind you instead of a few days.  I am looking forward to reading your impressions of your 2022 adventure, as well as the rest of your 2018 WC!  Thank you for writing and sharing it!

Thanks, SusieQft. It's my joy to blog about our adventures and in fact, the blog becomes our best souvenir of the trip because I try to record not only what we experience but what I feel about it. Reading the blog again brings other things to mind that I have forgotten and basically recreates the whole adventure in my mind. 

I hear you about flying. Since I require supplemental O2 when I fly, I have to travel either First Class or Business to insure I'll have a place to plug in my O2 concentrator. We live in Missouri, so we have to fly to LA to catch the ship. I'm not excited about flying back from Bergen, but Viking is paying to send us home in Business class across the Pond and First Class domestically so it'll all be good. 

I think the only thing I'll miss on Viking is the fact that there are no formal nights and I love seeing the DH in his tux! I looked longingly at Crystal, but in the end, the Viking itinerary won out. Have a fantastic time! 

11 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I'm doing a solo world cruise on P&O in 2022.  Solo because She Who Must Be Obeyed has no interest in being on a ship that long.   The solo part is not a big issue because we have both taken occasional trips without the other in the past.  This however will be a new record - 99 days plus travel days to and from.  The previous record was an Around The Horn cruise of 49 days that I did several years ago.

That being said, after examining the pros and cons of several cruise lines, I chose P&O.  Since I'm cruising solo, the price was important since I still have lots of other bucket list items to work on.  I'm paying a 59% single charge and by taking an inside, I'm circumnavigating the globe for under $20K.

As long as I can find a spot on a shady promenade to watch the world glide by, a good book to read, and a wee dram or two in the evening, I'm good. 

Sounds ideal for you! The wonderful thing about world cruising is that there is a ship and itinerary out there for everyone. When we were on the Pacific Princess in 2018, we got to know several solo cruisers. They had a great time and made lots of friends, so being alone is only an outcome if you want solitude.

3 hours ago, Aquadesiac said:

Sounds ideal for you! The wonderful thing about world cruising is that there is a ship and itinerary out there for everyone. When we were on the Pacific Princess in 2018, we got to know several solo cruisers. They had a great time and made lots of friends, so being alone is only an outcome if you want solitude.

Thanks for the encouragement.  I never seem to have a problem striking up a conversation with fellow passengers or crew, so I can be alone but not lonely.  There are several that I've met over the years and still keep in touch with.   It's also nice to be able to do exactly what I want to do and when without having to take into consideration anyone else.  I don't mean that in a selfish way, it's just a fact.

The sad thing about all cruises is they eventually end. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We ( Valerie and Ray ) are also on the Viking 2022 World Cruise doing LA to London.  We have been on several Viking Ocean trips and really enjoy the on board sexperience and the staff.   Having  sailed many times with Princess, Royal Caribbean, Holland, Celebrity  we have found as we get older, we prefer the smaller sized ships like  Crystal and Viking Ocean.  

Only 594 days until Jan 10, 2022 !

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

IMO - 2023 might be the year - not before. Although I’ve already received my 2 Covid vaccines, I have no faith that cruising, as we love it, will resemble anything close to normal or acceptable to most of us until then. The various countries involved in a World itinerary and remoteness of so many ports will make authorities hesitant to allow the 100’s + to disembark. How many of us are open to only taking ship tours - from what I’ve read and in talking to friends, very few.  So.....although I have shorter trips planned for 2022, just in case things improve, I’m putting my hopes in a 2023 World itinerary I couldn’t resist. 

• Like 1

We also booked a '23 WC, booking a cabin on the Viking Ocean WC the day it was published. Fortunately, we didn't delay, as it sold out completely without segments in under 6 weeks. So yes, I would say WC's still have lots of interest, as Viking's '22 WC is also sold out without segments.

• Like 1