What do you want to know about the Grand Princess?

Dani24

Thanks. I’m assuming you’re both referring to recent SF sailings to Alaska on the Grand. 

I live in the Bay Area and have easy access to affordable designer clothes thanks to Last Call and a few designer consignment stores. That’s why I was thinking if you had mostly locals on these sailings there might be a bit more dressing up.  Locals might pack more since we don’t  need to fly. 

Then I’ll just wear my cocktail dresses. When I sail with DH we are the freaks in tuxedo and gown but we only have eyes for each other so what others wear doesn’t matter. I’m sailing solo this time and don’t want to be the odd duck out. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

We're on board! We were one of the very first onboard. Definitely in the top 10. 🙂

We're enjoying lunch in Club Class right now. Giovanni is here! I let him know he has a "fan club" online. He was very impressed.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

We're on board! We were one of the very first onboard. Definitely in the top 10. 🙂

We're enjoying lunch in Club Class right now. Giovanni is here! I let him know he has a "fan club" online. He was very impressed.

Glad you boarded early. It's nice and warm out; what a lovely day to sail under the GGB! Enjoy your trip. 

On 7/22/2019 at 5:21 PM, cruiseesusee said:

Who is the current steward for the Windows Suites? Is it still Raymond? If yes, can you ask him if he will be onboard Christmas Week 2019?

Dede Teddy Trisnady is our steward for the Window Suites. He seems absolutely wonderful so far!

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:26 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thanks. I’m assuming you’re both referring to recent SF sailings to Alaska on the Grand. 

I live in the Bay Area and have easy access to affordable designer clothes thanks to Last Call and a few designer consignment stores. That’s why I was thinking if you had mostly locals on these sailings there might be a bit more dressing up.  Locals might pack more since we don’t  need to fly. 

Then I’ll just wear my cocktail dresses. When I sail with DH we are the freaks in tuxedo and gown but we only have eyes for each other so what others wear doesn’t matter. I’m sailing solo this time and don’t want to be the odd duck out. 

Hey there ... me again.  I have had the hardest time getting an answer about the one BOTTLE packages so if you will be so kind to let me know, I’d be very appreciative.  I am hoping the lack of responses to my question means they no longer have the packages I want.  Thanks J ... 

One more thing ... are their outlets by the bed (either side) in the window suites?  

PS ... enjoy your cruise!  

Edited by Cruise Raider

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Hey there ... me again.  I have had the hardest time getting an answer about the one BOTTLE packages so if you will be so kind to let me know, I’d be very appreciative.  I am hoping the lack of responses to my question means they no longer have the packages I want.  Thanks J ... 

One more thing ... are their outlets by the bed (either side) in the window suites?  

Hi Dani answered us on her Livish from the Grand thread(? I may have misremembered the name) I’ll go poke it so it rises to the top. Short answer is YES 😀there’s 7 bottle, 10 bottle and 12 bottle packages available at $31, $29 and $28 per bottle respectively. Good for bottles up to $45. I experienced the new wine list on my May trip on the Island and thought it had a very nice selection of whites and reds at $45 or less. I’ll just need to bring champagne. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I cannot find any plugs near either side of the bed in our Window Suite. Except that both bedside lamps (and the one next to the sofa) have a USB outlet in the base. 

There is only the Gold bottle package available on board at this time. 7 bottles for $217; 10 bottles for $290; 12 bottles for $336. Good for bottles up to $45.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dani24 said:

I cannot find any plugs near either side of the bed in our Window Suite. Except that both bedside lamps (and the one next to the sofa) have a USB outlet in the base. 

There is only the Gold bottle package available on board at this time. 7 bottles for $217; 10 bottles for $290; 12 bottles for $336. Good for bottles up to $45.

Perfect ...thanks!  I will order an extension cord and leave the heavy bottles of wine at home.  

9 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Hi Dani answered us on her Livish from the Grand thread(? I may have misremembered the name) I’ll go poke it so it rises to the top. Short answer is YES 😀there’s 7 bottle, 10 bottle and 12 bottle packages available at $31, $29 and $28 per bottle respectively. Good for bottles up to $45. I experienced the new wine list on my May trip on the Island and thought it had a very nice selection of whites and reds at $45 or less. I’ll just need to bring champagne. 

Thanks!  I see she also answered my question below ... 

i am so glad to hear the packages are still available.  We loved it when we had it on the Royal back in April but then heard they were cutting it on some of the Princess ships.  Glad the Grand is not one of them.  The new wine list is awesome!  I swear that if I had to drink one more glass of Clos Du Bois ... well you know .... hahaha!