What do you want to know about the Grand Princess?

Dani24

We've been on the Grand several times in the last few years,  I've used the hot tubs by the Oasis bar and have never seen it open.  No bottles or anything there.  You would need to down to the Lido deck (14) to Al Fresco's or the One Five on 15 but usually doesn't open until 10PM.

Oh Dani, hoping you have not made a Grand mistake in your kind offer.  Cruises fly by so quickly, you barely have time to enjoy it yourself with your family.  We will all understand if you come home and just write a review, and try to cover some of the questions asked.  Most important that you have fun with your family.

• Thanks 1

I am also interested if they have are selling the wine packages onboard?  We are sailing later this summer and want to avoid lugging bottles of wine with us if they have the packages available onboard.  thanks in advance!  

PS ... can you tell us who the head waiter in the club class is? 

10 hours ago, Belle said:

On the Grand in May the Patters never said the Oasis Bar was open,

On the list of bars on the back of the patter never listed the Oasis.

We just got off on July 5th and nothing on the patters regarding the Oasis then either.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:28 AM, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Hi. I am on the Grand right now...nearing the end of the 10 day Alaska  cruise.  We are relaxing up on deck 15...where Skywalker's  used to be..now the One5 lounge.

I'm interested in what that looks like. Skywalkers & IC are my favorite places on Princess 

Thank you everyone for the quick responses about the Oasis Bar!  I think the Oasis would be a fun area to hang out but realized there must not be many people who venture there which must be why they don't maintain the Oasis Bar.  That's okay, We will find lots of fun places to hang out!  BTW, we are going on the Hawaii cruise on the Grand Dec 3rd.  SOOOOO excited!!

Hi dani24

It’s just about sail away for you!  I saw the embarkation lunch menu in MDR on the Ruby live to Alaska out of Seattle review that the fettuccine was being served in the Parmesan crisp bowl. 

Really!!???!  Be still my beating heart!  I’ve been told on a half dozen cruises on 4 different ships over the last 2 or more years that they discontinued the Parmesan bowl. 

Soooooo, now I need to know. Can you get it on the Grand? I will be in Club Class dining like you. Thanks!

Happy sailing! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Hi dani24

It’s just about sail away for you!  I saw the embarkation lunch menu in MDR on the Ruby live to Alaska out of Seattle review that the fettuccine was being served in the Parmesan crisp bowl. 

Really!!???!  Be still my beating heart!  I’ve been told on a half dozen cruises on 4 different ships over the last 2 or more years that they discontinued the Parmesan bowl. 

Soooooo, now I need to know. Can you get it on the Grand? I will be in Club Class dining like you. Thanks!

Happy sailing! 

We were in Club Class dining - with Giovani !! - The embarkation lunch included wonderful Ravioli - never saw the Parmesan crisp bowl on the menu - sorry 

On 7/15/2019 at 6:56 AM, Ombud said:

I'm interested in what that looks like. Skywalkers & IC are my favorite places on Princess 

Club One5 is very nice - not nearly as COLD as Skywalkers always used to be in the morning when we went there to read - not as much neon - and the walkway to it is different  - not a long hallway anymore 

On 7/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, Cruise Raider said:

I am also interested if they have are selling the wine packages onboard?  We are sailing later this summer and want to avoid lugging bottles of wine with us if they have the packages available onboard.  thanks in advance!  

PS ... can you tell us who the head waiter in the club class is? 

GIOVANNI !!!  

3 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

GIOVANNI !!!  

The all caps leads me to believe you like him.  yay!  

We don't oftentimes get club class so glad to see it's not the one that was pretty inflexible and even a little rude to us last time around.  I try to consider that everybody has a bad day or two now and then but when it goes on for days on end, maybe it's time to reconsider upping that contract.  

Anyway, thanks!!  

Did you happen to notice if there were any wine BOTTLE packages available onboard the Grand?   

Finally it’s your sail away!  Mine is only 10 days away now.  Thanks for answering our questions. Can’t wait to find out about the wine package. Also, if you don’t mind, can you please let me know how formal the majority of folks get in Club Class on formal nights? My previous Alaska cruises were out of Vancouver and Whittier on the Island so may not be representative of the SF crowd on the Grand. On these sailings the dress on formal nights was abysmal, literally jeans and T-shirt’s with only a few making any effort at all. I know I can meet a minimum standard and be fine but I actually like dressing up. I just don’t want to be the only one!  

Have a a great time, and thanks again. 

2 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Finally it’s your sail away!  Mine is only 10 days away now.  Thanks for answering our questions. Can’t wait to find out about the wine package. Also, if you don’t mind, can you please let me know how formal the majority of folks get in Club Class on formal nights? My previous Alaska cruises were out of Vancouver and Whittier on the Island so may not be representative of the SF crowd on the Grand. On these sailings the dress on formal nights was abysmal, literally jeans and T-shirt’s with only a few making any effort at all. I know I can meet a minimum standard and be fine but I actually like dressing up. I just don’t want to be the only one!  

Have a a great time, and thanks again. 

The dress in Club Class dining on "formal" nights was a mixed bag - no tee-shirts, however ! - Most men just a long sleeved shirt or sweater - my hubby wore a sport's coat - no tie - I just wore my black pants and nice jacket (no sparkles) no tuxes - no "fancy" dresses -

24 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

The dress in Club Class dining on "formal" nights was a mixed bag - no tee-shirts, however ! - Most men just a long sleeved shirt or sweater - my hubby wore a sport's coat - no tie - I just wore my black pants and nice jacket (no sparkles) no tuxes - no "fancy" dresses -

That sounds about right for Princess.

My DH goes with a guayabera or polo shirt on formal nights along with a pair of Dockers. Very informal & relaxed without being to scruffy.