bathroom power socket

Fixit2010

Hi can anyone tell me if the power socket for electric toothbrushes is above the bathroom sink? on S class ships, standard bathroom.

Last time I was on Royal and they put the sockets about 60cm further than the power cord on the toothbrush charger would reach.  Had to duct tape it to the tiles.

S class ships pre-revolution -- the power socket is for shavers only -- not for electric toothbrushes.  

Edge -- there is a power socket tucked under the sink.

Post - revolution  S class ships == they may have added a power socket to match what Edge has, but I do not know one way or another.'

which ship are you going on?

as twodaywonder said, the electrical outlet is located overhead (red arrow in the photo of our Reflection standard bathroom). 

It is a light duty outlet but suitable for electric shavers and toothbrushes.

Because it is overhead you will need a long cord if you want to have your toothbrush charging by the sink.  Or if you can charge your toothbrush while sits on the upper shelf, you will be fine.

I did not know that the outlet isn't powered when the bathroom lights are off.

39DA5481-4554-4317-8CAC-AFF64DB905E4.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

34 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Yup. If it is a chargeable one. Charge it in the room outlet.

I agree. I took my Phillips electric toothbrush on an 11 day cruise a few weeks ago.  Brushed twice a day and actually never had to recharge it but I would have used the regular outlet if I had to.  

Edited by Charles4515

9 hours ago, Fixit2010 said:

Hi can anyone tell me if the power socket for electric toothbrushes is above the bathroom sink? on S class ships, standard bathroom.

Last time I was on Royal and they put the sockets about 60cm further than the power cord on the toothbrush charger would reach.  Had to duct tape it to the tiles.

Not sure what type of Toothbrush you use.   I have a SoniCare and although I have a travel charger have never had to use it.   The charge has lasted me for over 30 days without needing a recharge.

2 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

You did see the picture above?

Certainly, I've sailed on Solstice, Silhouette and Equinox.  Also Millie, Infinity and Summit.  And when we sailed on Zenith, I was charging camera batteries using the bathroom outlet.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

We put our toothbrush charger on the top shelf below the ceiling and were able to plug it in to the ceiling on Reflection, Silhouette and Eclipse without issue. I checked with Captains Club pre-cruise to see if the ceiling plug was compatible with use for the toothbrush and for our WaterPik. They checked with ships engineer who confirmed that shaver, WaterPik and toothbrush and got back to me about a week after my inquiry the those things were able to be used in that outlet. (The inquiry was pre-Revolution).

12 hours ago, spencerdrivecruiser said:

The bathroom outlet works with the light off.  The electric toothbrush is charged fully in the bathroom outlet on S Class ships.

Interesting. I plugged an led night light into it. Went off when I shut off the bathroom light.

The primary reason that the electrical outlet is on the ceiling is to ensure that you don't drop an electrical appliance into water in the sink and electrocute yourself. I don't know what the allowed amperage for these outlets is, but they should handle just about all items you wish to use, except high wattage items like a hair dryer or space heater.

If I recall correctly, the bathroom outlet on S class ships (pre-Revolution) will not accept two prong polarized plugs, which our portable flosser has.  What we did on our last cruise was plug our power adaptor (which has two round Europe type plugs) into the outlet, and then plugged our flosser into the adaptor, which accepts two prong polarized plugs.  This worked great for us.

On 7/18/2019 at 4:34 AM, cruiserchuck said:

If I recall correctly, the bathroom outlet on S class ships (pre-Revolution) will not accept two prong polarized plugs, which our portable flosser has.  What we did on our last cruise was plug our power adaptor (which has two round Europe type plugs) into the outlet, and then plugged our flosser into the adaptor, which accepts two prong polarized plugs.  This worked great for us.

That is the solution I came up with.  Not sure if that is electrically safe but will mean I get a minty fresh smile 

On 7/17/2019 at 11:48 AM, Hypo said:

The primary reason that the electrical outlet is on the ceiling is to ensure that you don't drop an electrical appliance into water in the sink and electrocute yourself. I don't know what the allowed amperage for these outlets is, but they should handle just about all items you wish to use, except high wattage items like a hair dryer or space heater.

How is putting the outlet high up safer than on the wall closer to a shelf?  I am sure people are just as careful or accident prone at home.  Putting it high up only encourages people like me to think creatively.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:34 PM, cruiserchuck said:

You are correct.  Here is a photo of the bathroom electrical outlet in our cabin aboard Solstice in Jan 2018:

85D178B7-0C13-4718-B4E1-29146C4B37B0.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc