Sip and sail

Cdering

We have booked the Hawaii Tahiti. Ruiz’s for Feb 2020. I was very excited to see the posting from Princess stating free drinks for all if you booked a bal only or better. However our cruise is not included. I have tried contacting Princess, first by email ( which had limited topics to choose from) and got no response. Called today and after a LONG wait, the representative said that decision is made by a higher level. I asked to be connected to that level and again after waiting a long time I was disconnected. Annoyed? Yes. Disappointed? Yes! 

If you are speaking about the February 1, 2020 28 day Emerald Princess, then yes this cruise is not included in the current Sip&Sail. This might be because of the 18 sea days, and the likely hood that the Sip&Sail promotion would be a money loser. Watch for the Landmark Sale, July 18 to September 3. Your cruise may be included.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skynight said:

If you are speaking about the February 1, 2020 28 day Emerald Princess, then yes this cruise is not included in the current Sip&Sail. This might be because of the 18 sea days, and the likely hood that the Sip&Sail promotion would be a money loser. Watch for the Landmark Sale, July 18 to September 3. Your cruise may be included.

It's not a sea day thing ... we booked that 2020 sailing at launch, added SNS summer 2018, replaced it with 3 for Free when the fare dropped by $1000pp

46 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

If you are doing the Feb 1 Hawaii Tahiti Samoa, that was part of the 2018 SNS promo ... specifically excluded this year

37 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

It's not a sea day thing ... we booked that 2020 sailing at launch, added SNS summer 2018, replaced it with 3 for Free when the fare dropped by $1000pp

22 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

The cruise OP is looking at was covered by the S&S a year ago. It is not included in this year's offer. Note that S&S ends tomorrow

j/s

As always when I compare the cost of the cruise with "free drinks" the price seems to be about $55/day more per person than the listing on sites that do not include the sip and sale promo. Calling this a free add on is almost laughable. Maybe others have found a bargain out there, but it's just like other lines including "free airfare" 

10 minutes ago, Cdering said:

Interesting, the page I am looking at is for cruises in 2019 and 2020. We booked this cruise a year ago and there was no sip and sail.

At first, before the current SNS started, the list of applicable sailings included that sailing and, still beforr SNS started, Princess added it to the "excluded" list.

Look at the Princes website ... it does not now, nor at any time during the current SNS offering, show SNS for that sailing.  The sheet you are lookimg at was amended before the sale started.

SNS 2018 ran during the same timeframe as this year.  

It is not Princess' fault you may have booked after last year's SNS ended ... and are now relying on outdated sheets updated before SNS started. 

Further, we got a much better deal (OBC and free grats and lower fare) when 3 for Free came around in the fall.  I do not believe that voyage will be included in 3 for Free starting in thr fall ... but it is part of Landnark sale starting July 18 ... OBC.

17 minutes ago, Cdering said:

Correct, it does not showSNS for our cruise. What is 3 for free? Thx for the tip about landmark sale.will check it out.

Typically 3 for Free is OBC, free grats, free upgrade ... pay for lowest category in cabin type and book any cabin in that type for same price ... by type, inside to any inside, ov to any ov, etc

Careful with Landmark ... i believe deposits will be non-refundable ... Princess has changed it FROM fully refundable

Edited by pms4104

23 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We got Sip and Sail for our January 2020 cruise which is 6 months away.

For some unknown reason this year Princess included many closer in sailings ... different from previous SNS offerings

10 minutes ago, Cdering said:

Our travel agent told us if we rebooked to get sip and sail the cost would be 2,000 more. Also no thanks!!

During this current SNS promo we added the pkg to a 19nt Fall 2020 sailing our fare went up by only $110pp ... still looking toward 3 for Free and hoping our category doesn't sell out before then.

As with any of the various promos, you have to assess your true costs.  

2 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

S&S no bargain. Currently have a 10 day cruise for two for $3954 including $550 OBC.  To refare to S&S would be $6314 and only 250 OBC (200 military and 50 TA).

No thanks.

I thought military was only $100 per vet.

12 hours ago, pms4104 said:

During this current SNS promo we added the pkg to a 19nt Fall 2020 sailing our fare went up by only $110pp ... still looking toward 3 for Free and hoping our category doesn't sell out before then.

As with any of the various promos, you have to assess your true costs.  

this - we are/were looking at a 10 day Southern Caribbean in 11/2020 - SNS only added $ 80 pp