Horizon Court V Market Place

windsurferfirst

10 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

I wonder if any one who has experienced both the HC and MP tell me if there is much of a difference between the 2. I have only experienced the HC bit we are sailing on the Emerald next month and I believe her HC is now a MP.

It's essentially just a new "fresher" name for the buffet. They've changed up decor, but still normal typical ship's buffet 

• Like 1

Much better flow the MP along with a larger variety of food. I personally prefer the MP over the older HC anyway. However the Royal class ships have the best buffet setup overall.

• Like 1

They are both buffets with different names. The Grand class ships that have had a buffet makeover and the new name have improved seating and access. There have been some differences in selections. To us the selections are just different, some better, some not better.

On Royal Class ships the buffet much larger. More selections by a wide margin, and much more seating both indoor and out.

• Like 1

On the CB it is called the World Fresh Marketplace (WFM) and has a new layout versus the older HC format.  It is much easier to maneuver and get the food you want.  The new dessert counter is really nice with a much better selection that I probably not need to visit.  Some of the selections available are different in some cases.  The Caribe area has been changed to a seafood and BBQ at night but during the breakfast offers eggs/omelets cooked to order and at lunch stir fry/Mongolian BBQ which we loved.  They now have prepared sandwiches in cardboard trays available at lunch which is a nice touch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

Much better flow the MP along with a larger variety of food. I personally prefer the MP over the older HC anyway. However the Royal class ships have the best buffet setup overall.

I agree in all that Jeter02 mentioned.  Another aspect of the Market Place update is that the aft section has a small selection of items prepared, or at least presented, in smaller batches. Breakfast is significantly better back there. Improvement likewise took place in the the Slice, Coffee and Cones and Salty Dog offerings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

On the CB it is called the World Fresh Marketplace (WFM) and has a new layout versus the older HC format.  It is much easier to maneuver and get the food you want.  The new dessert counter is really nice with a much better selection that I probably not need to visit.  Some of the selections available are different in some cases.  The Caribe area has been changed to a seafood and BBQ at night but during the breakfast offers eggs/omelets cooked to order and at lunch stir fry/Mongolian BBQ which we loved.  They now have prepared sandwiches in cardboard trays available at lunch which is a nice touch. 

Oh, don't forget the ramen noodle station which alternates daily with the stir fry/ Mongolian beef station. Just like The omelette station I like the make it your own touch personalization

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Oh, don't forget the ramen noodle station which alternates daily with the stir fry/ Mongolian beef station. Just like The omelette station I like the make it your own touch personalization

A tiny bowl of short noodles to which you can add some cold raw vegetables and cooked meat, and then have it topped with lukewarm broth should not meet anybody's definition of ramen.

On the other hand, dinner at WFM (at least for CB) was impressive. It wasn't trays of the MDR menu. There were completely different dishes, often more interesting that was being served ten decks down. They also had 3 types of pate every night, large crostini topped with big portions of roasted meats, interesting salads, and these amazing chocolate covered waffles. We went there one night after one too many long MDR dinners of cold overcooked food and never looked back. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, reedprincess said:

It's essentially just a new "fresher" name for the buffet. They've changed up decor, but still normal typical ship's buffet 

Just off the Emerald Princess and she now has Market Place and in my opinion is MUCH MUCH BETTER choice wise than Horizon Court ever was  -  you should not be disappointed

ENJOY

On 7/23/2019 at 11:12 AM, reedprincess said:

Other than a better layout for whole area we found the selections & preparation (on the CB) it be less appealing than the old Horizon court. 

Each person has to decide for themselves about the food.

The Royal class food & selections have them all beat.:classic_wink:

29 minutes ago, long cruiser said:

I call the horizon court the zoo.People constantly bump into each other.The markets place is a better idea.

long cruiser

When we go to the buffet on any ship, we always plan on getting there as it opens. Much less congestion. 

We liked the layout of the MP better than HC. Also, there is more variety in food, especially gluten free options. You can toast your bread on your own, and don't have to wait in line for some of the crew to toast it for you. We also enjoyed the cute presentations of some dishes.