Downtown Miami Dinner

cincicruisers

Can anyone share info on these restaurants in downtown Miami?  We are looking for good food at a reasonable cost.  We are staying at the Kimpton Epic downtown.  

Kosh

Burger & Beer Joint

Sparkey’s BBQ

Bubba Gumps

La Sandwicherie

also any other restaurants you could recommend.  Thanks

Google . Shops of Mary Village Brickell. Lots of dining options around there and an easy walk from your

hotel. We always enjoy Trulucks, excellent food and service also a short walk but that is a more upscale restaurant. Menu and prices are  on line  to see if it fits your Budget.  Also if you want a decent steak there is Capital Grille. just across the bridge from your hotel 

9 hours ago, goneclear said:

Google . Shops of Mary Village Brickell. Lots of dining options around there and an easy walk from your

hotel. We always enjoy Trulucks, excellent food and service also a short walk but that is a more upscale restaurant. Menu and prices are  on line  to see if it fits your Budget.  Also if you want a decent steak there is Capital Grille. just across the bridge from your hotel 

Is it safe to walk around our hotel and to the restaurants?

Bubba Gumps is a well known chain, specializing in shrimp. If you like shrimp, it is pretty good. But if you are looking for something different, unique to a given area...Bubba Gumps would not fit the bill.

Some research of TripAdvisor would be helpful.

If you want something more "Miami" check out Pollo y Jarras. Fantastic Peruvian food, casual and good prices. River Oyster is fantastic as well. A quick Uber ride is Garcias which is a fairly well known sea food place, prices are moderate, but very casual, shorts and sandals are fine there. 

I enjoy Big Easy Wine Bar a lot in Brickell City Centre. 

The options are endless. Out of your list only La Sandwicherie is a Miami type place. Kush is good, but you'll need to Uber and it is a small. Burger and Beer Joint I have not been in a long time, it is decent, nothing to write home about. I like Sparkeys but the last place I would go to eat in Miami is BBQ, especially if you are from Ft. Worth. And Bumba Gump is a big chain, very touristy. Though Bayside is a nice place to walk around and grab a drink. 

2 hours ago, Flymia said:

If you want something more "Miami" check out Pollo y Jarras. Fantastic Peruvian food, casual and good prices. River Oyster is fantastic as well. A quick Uber ride is Garcias which is a fairly well known sea food place, prices are moderate, but very casual, shorts and sandals are fine there. 

I enjoy Big Easy Wine Bar a lot in Brickell City Centre. 

The options are endless. Out of your list only La Sandwicherie is a Miami type place. Kush is good, but you'll need to Uber and it is a small. Burger and Beer Joint I have not been in a long time, it is decent, nothing to write home about. I like Sparkeys but the last place I would go to eat in Miami is BBQ, especially if you are from Ft. Worth. And Bumba Gump is a big chain, very touristy. Though Bayside is a nice place to walk around and grab a drink. 

Thanks for the info.  I will check those out.

First, the area will be very safe for you to walk around and go to dinner.  

Do not bother with Burger and Beer joint, unfortunately both the service and the food has gotten to be absolutely terrible over the last few years.  Read the reviews on Yelp.  

Bubba Gump is a chain restaurant and the food is just okay and it's all sysco type food. 

Kush is fantastic but is very small. Lokal in Coconut Grove is bigger and since you would have to uber to both, I would go there.

Trulucks is fantastic but it's not cheap.

La Sandwicherie is just a sandwich place but their sandwiches are very good. 

River Oyster is great, a locally owned restaurant.

Toscana Divino is fantastic.  Another totally locally owned place.

Flemings on Brickell Ave is a chain but if you are looking for a burger, their happy hour is a fantastic place to grab one!  $10 or $12 depending on which you chose.  The bar is great for happy hour. 

As Blue Herons said, Batch and American Social are both great choices for something reasonable.  Both also have great happy hours.  American Social does get very busy .

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

11 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

Has anyone been to the 11st Street Diner Miami?

11th Street Diner is in Miami Beach not Miami.  I've eaten there several times and it is very good but diner food.

If you want diner but want South Florida flavor, eat at Puerto Saga.  Excellent Cuban diner.