pam58

pama58

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Hardly a fridge, cooler at best.  We have been on Splendor. You cabin attendant will bring twice a day ice if you ask. 

The cabinets that the fridges are in aren't well ventilated. They hold in the heat and the fridge has to struggle to keep cool. So open the cabinet door. It won't get as warm in there and keeps the fridge much cooler. My soda stays as cold as it does at home.

Yes, Splendor inside cabins have fridges, but they act more like coolers.  The idea of opening the cabinet door helps get it cooler.  I was able to keep my water cold.  Loved cruising on Splendor, have a fantastic time.

One other tip to help the fridge operate better is not to load it up all at once... if you add a couple of bottles of water, a couple sodas, at a time, the fridge will cool things down a lot quicker. If you fill up the fridge as soon as you get in your room with your sodas, or all 12 of your bottles of water, you'll find it a lot slower to chill things. Adding a few at a time, waiting til they're chilled and adding more as needed definitely helped keep things cooler, for us anyway!