Crown Princess Best Balcony

kayelbee

Hi All,

I am looking to book a Balcony cabin on the Crown Princess.

Do any of the decks have larger balconies than other decks? (like the Caribe Balconies on Sapphire)

Are there any particular locations you would go for or avoid?

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kayelbee said:

Hi All,

I am looking to book a Balcony cabin on the Crown Princess.

Do any of the decks have larger balconies than other decks? (like the Caribe Balconies on Sapphire)

Are there any particular locations you would go for or avoid?

Thanks

Mini suites on deck 9 have 9 foot x 6 foot balconies, not covered.

Mini suites on deck 8 have 9 foot x 6 foot balconies, covered

Balcony category cabins on deck 10 have 9 foot x 9 foot balconies 5 foot covered and 4 foot uncovered.

Balcony category cabins on decks 11, 12, 14 and 15 have 9 foot x 5 foot balconies covered.

Full suites have larger balconies with different amounts of cover.

Stern facing balcony category cabins have various sized balconies with different amount of cover.

• Like 3

I think you are talking specifically about the balcony category not just pure balcony size inclusive of mini-suites, but D732 & D733 as well as E730 and E731 are the farthest aft mini suites and thanks to what appears to be aesthetic design feature to have a curved off end to the balcony rail/half-wall all the way aft, they have almost double the balcony space of the rest of the balconies on the same deck & mini suite category.

Good photo in this thread.  That extra curved off white wall space is 100% usable balcony space.  

My preferred booking strategy is Caribe deck, forward or aft section, and then the cabin closest to the mid section.  For example Grand c626, Coral c317, Caribbean C618.   These categories are usually the least expensive cabins that offer the big balcony on Caribe but have good access to the whole ship. In my experience they are just a few dollars more pp than the least expensive balcony category.  

Anywhere on the Caribe deck is where you want to be …… they're deeper (from the ship's wall to the railing) balconies, half covered, half open to the sky.

IMO, that's the only way to go if you're wanting a balcony cabin. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2019 at 2:40 PM, FloaterBoat said:

We were in a club class mini suite on Dolphin, mid ship, and our balcony was excellent. We could both lay out on the chairs and stool. And it had the full size round table.

We have this type room booked on our first Princess cruise.  I am concerned about other comments i've seen about these being all out in the open with above balconies "looking right down on you"  whats your opinion and how did you feel about the balconies.  Is there any covered area or all open 

We sailed in a mini suite recently and I was concerned about not having any privacy. But after the first day didn’t really think about. It was actually kinda neat when we docked in Vancouver and didn’t get off. There were several of us on our deck and above feeding the seagulls. We were all just hanging out and visiting. I am typically a private shy person but that dayreally enjoyed the interaction. Also one of our sea days several people were out and we were all pointing whale sightings etc.   it’s also my understanding all the mini suites were all open. We were in club class. 

Edited by abbiep

35 minutes ago, DMT1970 said:

We have this type room booked on our first Princess cruise.  I am concerned about other comments i've seen about these being all out in the open with above balconies "looking right down on you"  whats your opinion and how did you feel about the balconies.  Is there any covered area or all open 

It is indeed open air DMT. There is no coverage from above. So if you want to avoid tan lines... The balcony may not be the best place to lay out in the buff. However, aside from that tiny detail, we had no problems. It's better for getting sun imo. We didn't have any privacy issues or anything. We didn't do much on the balcony besides relax and read and take photos and such. Hopefully it won't be bothersome for you either. There may be some mini suites that are covered from above, but in regards to the club class mid ship mini suites, they're all open tops, completely. 

On a side note, I'm excited this is your first princess Cruise. Where's your itinerary headed??? It's highly likely that you have a blast 🙂. The room is nice and comfortable. Roomy. Bathtub. Living room, 2 flat screens. Spacious balcony. Plus the club class perk in the dining room. Fun times. 

Only balcony cabins (not suite or mini-suite) I'd ever recommend are C752/C753

Wake view, large balconies fully covered.  In AM/PM hours you can get some decent sun on sunny itineraries.  It is sort of far to venues, but it's like you have your own ship back there.

8 hours ago, FloaterBoat said:

It is indeed open air DMT. There is no coverage from above. So if you want to avoid tan lines... The balcony may not be the best place to lay out in the buff. However, aside from that tiny detail, we had no problems. It's better for getting sun imo. We didn't have any privacy issues or anything. We didn't do much on the balcony besides relax and read and take photos and such. Hopefully it won't be bothersome for you either. There may be some mini suites that are covered from above, but in regards to the club class mid ship mini suites, they're all open tops, completely. 

On a side note, I'm excited this is your first princess Cruise. Where's your itinerary headed??? It's highly likely that you have a blast 🙂. The room is nice and comfortable. Roomy. Bathtub. Living room, 2 flat screens. Spacious balcony. Plus the club class perk in the dining room. Fun times. 

FloaterBoat. We are doing the 10 day Southern caribbean  voyager.   We will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary while on the ship.  With the club class dining do they seat you with other guests?  We were tossed whether to do the traditional dining so we had the same waiter each night (we like that they get to know you) and be at a table with other people.  We chose the club class dining.   Hope we made the right choice.  

Whenever I can I book a Caribe deck on the older princess ships. As a matter of fact I am booked on the crown . They "upgraded "me after I asked them not to!! Caught it right away and got my cabin back! Make sure you tell them no upgrade if you snag a Caribe deck and watch your booking! We have C32 booked!

Edited by Reader0108598

On 7/26/2019 at 6:30 AM, PMGS247 said:

I think you are talking specifically about the balcony category not just pure balcony size inclusive of mini-suites, but D732 & D733 as well as E730 and E731 are the farthest aft mini suites and thanks to what appears to be aesthetic design feature to have a curved off end to the balcony rail/half-wall all the way aft, they have almost double the balcony space of the rest of the balconies on the same deck & mini suite category.

Oh my YES!! Had one of those cabins (on a different ship). Amazing balcony AND bathroom.

12 minutes ago, DMT1970 said:

With the club class dining do they seat you with other guests?  We were tossed whether to do the traditional dining so we had the same waiter each night (we like that they get to know you) and be at a table with other people.  We chose the club class dining.  

You're separated from the "lower classes" by a velvet rope.:classic_wink:

Usually, same table, same wait staff.

10 hours ago, abbiep said:

We sailed in a mini suite recently and I was concerned about not having any privacy. But after the first day didn’t really think about. It was actually kinda neat when we docked in Vancouver and didn’t get off. There were several of us on our deck and above feeding the seagulls. We were all just hanging out and visiting. I am typically a private shy person but that dayreally enjoyed the interaction. Also one of our sea days several people were out and we were all pointing whale sightings etc.   it’s also my understanding all the mini suites were all open. We were in club class. 

Yep have struck up some great conversations with people on their mini suite Balcony . I am always careful not to intrude but gauge them by when they look up if they smile or seem open  to a conversation. We had one guy who was a hoot would go out have a few on an island come back with outlandish looking hats or shirts !! He was funnier then heck his poor wife just kept saying I'm sorry....lol

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Oh my YES!! Had one of those cabins (on a different ship). Amazing balcony AND bathroom.

Agreed.  That was my very first cruise experience - D732 crown princess.  This was purely an accident, we had no idea what we were doing when we booked, just wanted a mini-suite.  NOT by accident, it was also my second - D732 Emerald princess.

Somewhat oddly, I was told when booking the Caribbean Princess that while the exact same room does exist, complete with the large balcony, it was only available as two double beds...they said it was not an option to convert to a queen.

6 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Agreed.  That was my very first cruise experience - D732 crown princess.  This was purely an accident, we had no idea what we were doing when we booked, just wanted a mini-suite.  NOT by accident, it was also my second - D732 Emerald princess.

Somewhat oddly, I was told when booking the Caribbean Princess that while the exact same room does exist, complete with the large balcony, it was only available as two double beds...they said it was not an option to convert to a queen.

It was our second cruise, but the first one we actually booked. Didn't know anything either.

IIRC we were on the Star (?). Princess says "double beds only", but we asked our steward to make a queen and she did!

Hawaii one 028.JPG

Hawaii one 030.JPG

Hawaii one 029.JPG

Hawaii one 022.JPG

Hawaii one 013.JPG