Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

5 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Explorer was originally booked at Rome with multiple bookings at Athens / they then moved Explorer to a Southampton pattern at Gibraltar and seemed to be 2nd ship at Southampton. The Amsterdam booking was made later and held about 2 months now.  In the meantime they had booked Explorer at Grand Cayman indicating possible move to Galveston. This has been a true mystery. 

Since the Adventure TA sailing from Galveston to Copenhagen is no longer able to book, it seems Explorer will simply be the ship for Copenhagen, taking over the program that has been done by Serenade recent years, and to be done by Jewel in 2020, that's my explaination.

There was no press release that a second ship is due to sail from Southampton in 2021, although RCI of course could change plans. We know this cruise line isn't unknown for last-minute decisions... 

20 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

FYI, 18 night April 21, 2021 Galveston to Europe TA on Adventure is now closed and RCL is not taking new bookings. Wonder what's happening.

It was off the site for about 10min, but back on now. Wasnt open to book before or now on Royal site. Couple others disappeared same time are back, think they are shifting/loading for next release soon...or tomorrow

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shipfriend_max said:

Since the Adventure TA sailing from Galveston to Copenhagen is no longer able to book, it seems Explorer will simply be the ship for Copenhagen, taking over the program that has been done by Serenade recent years, and to be done by Jewel in 2020, that's my explaination.

There was no press release that a second ship is due to sail from Southampton in 2021, although RCI of course could change plans. We know this cruise line isn't unknown for last-minute decisions... 

Yes a second ship hasn’t been announced by RC for Southampton, however I was told by RC to “keep my eyes peeled in December” when asking before. I’m not holding my breath. 

Explorer/Independence seem like they are as yet unallocated so where they may be is unkown to me as haven’t short Caribbean ships been announced already. Although itineraries not released until next week

6 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Yes a second ship hasn’t been announced by RC for Southampton, however I was told by RC to “keep my eyes peeled in December” when asking before. I’m not holding my breath. 

Explorer/Independence seem like they are as yet unallocated so where they may be is unkown to me as haven’t short Caribbean ships been announced already. Although itineraries not released until next week

Okay, who told you that about the 2nd ship for Southampton? Would be surprising, but really nice to have a second ship in Southampton since in 2020 there's just one... 

I'd think one of the two ships you mentioned will definitely stay in the Caribbean year-round. 

Just now, shipfriend_max said:

Okay, who told you that about the 2nd ship for Southampton? Would be surprising, but really nice to have a second ship in Southampton since in 2020 there's just one... 

I'd think one of the two ships you mentioned will definitely stay in the Caribbean year-round. 

Yep, although there isn’t really much evidence to suggest either could go each way.

I asked Royal Caribbean on Facebook Messenger and that’s when they told me to keep my eyes peeled - i wouldn’t get your hopes up too much though!

Just now, bigeck said:

I don't know how they can go from 1 Radiance class to 2 Voyager class if Ex goes as well as Adventure in Copenhagen.

Can't remember the last time only 1 ship was in Southampton apart from 1 being in Harwich

2020 independence got pulled from Southampton in favour of Coco Cay, could see a return but then again they might have decided that one larger ship is better than a freedom + voyager

4 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Port bookings are normally quite accurate in Gibraltar I think (maybe not by name, but the actual slots which have been booked). Makes me think it could be Explorer or Indy. Or even by the sound of it now could be Adventure. 

I would hope for Indy, but as you said unlikely. 

The most dependable port in the MED is actually the Riviera Ports and there have been no Explorer or Indy bookings there for the entire season which was the best indicator that there was not a second Southampton ship.  Toulon does not report if they book the ships there though. 

4 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

2020 independence got pulled from Southampton in favour of Coco Cay, could see a return but then again they might have decided that one larger ship is better than a freedom + voyager

I was on Indy Ta and the captain did say Indy is staying in Us, but a return isn't ruled out. For some reason, Brits love Indy

2 minutes ago, bigeck said:

I was on Indy Ta and the captain did say Indy is staying in Us, but a return isn't ruled out. For some reason, Brits love Indy

Having been on Indy multiple times, I can vouch that she is loved by us brits. I’m not sure why, but no other ship seems to do things the way she does. I don’t know if it’s because (minus 2015 and 2020) she has always been based here, at least in summer, and the way that things have been added for the British audience I’m not sure, just know that I can see why people love her. 

I think I’m right in saying she was voted a couple of times as the UK’s favourite cruise ship? Don’t quote me on that though, lol. 

I just booked the Rhapsody 7 night on October 9, 2021. It will work well prior to the Celebrity Reflection TA on Oct 22.  Both have Refundable deposits.  Still waiting for the Odyssey release, but now it looks as if that release won't be until next week. My hold on the cabin of my choice on the Rhapsody at the Cyber Monday sale price was running out today.  

We really want to do a Greek Island cruise prior to the TA.  Sailing out of Venice is ideal for us.  The 6 days between cruises gives us a chance to get in both Venice and Rome.  Both cities we have yet to explore.  The peek we had at the Odyssey itinerary was intriguing, although the price seemed rather high.  We also have no idea if the dates would work.  So, I guess we wait another week!

1 hour ago, noitsnotatuba said:

Noooooo.  I'm so curious what;s causing the delay

Although that's the week  the itineraries for The Greek Isles out of Rome for 2020 were released. And the price briefly went down after the new year then up & up & up

Edited by Jax129

7 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Probably delayed until spring.  Caribbean Phase 2 will likely include Allure from Galveston and Odyssey.

Ugh.  Ok...We booked a short Bermuda cruise but wanted to see what else was coming out.

Guess they are making last minute changes.

1 hour ago, cruisinderek said:

Grrrrrrr!!!! Everyday they delay makes my backup cruise with NCL look that much better

NCL has a great 11 night itinerary that looks good but I don't like the price, I don't need all the extras bundled into the price and everytime I look at the ship on youtube, I just don't like the layout. There's a Celebrity cruise that looks good too but again prices is so much higher

44 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

Noooooo.  I'm so curious what;s causing the delay

Although that's the week  the itineraries for The Greek Isles out of Rome for 2020 were released. And the price briefly went down after the new year then up & up & up

They have the Jewel stuck in Rome on 11/26/20, need to do something with her until April, 2021.  Who knows how that effects everything else Europe?

Brilliance appears to sail from Tampa to Boston on August 30th  with stops at Grand Cayman on the 1st of September and St. Maarten on the 8th of September with most likely ABC ports along the way to the Boston arrival on September 12th.