Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

3 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

But it's no longer on topic and detracts from the core of this thread. Please try not to be so argumentative and try to be respectful of those of us monitoring this thread for updates on the deployment schedules.

My apologies for coming across “argumentative” - it was not meant in this way. I was simply trying too discuss with a couple of others some of the reasons that Adventure might not visit certain areas / ports due to her lifeboats not being tenders. Sorry again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shipfriend_max said:

My experience is, the first few days the new itineraries went on sale, they've been pretty expensive, but shortly after that the prices went down.

However Odyssey is a brand new, attractive, innovative ship, due to that RCI may take such insane prices... 

That price was also on the UK website. The 12 night Med Greek isles out of Barcelona, on the Vision, has been sort of a back up plan but in the 3 weeks since it was release the price went up $100 pp

3 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Otherwise, if RCI does not offer such a Greenland TA in 2021 and you’d like to stay in the RCI concern, than look at Celebrity, they’re offering two Greenland TA Cruises in 2021.

Thanks...that is my alternate plan if RCI does not offer this in the next few weeks.  🙂 

2 hours ago, Jax129 said:

That price was also on the UK website. The 12 night Med Greek isles out of Barcelona, on the Vision, has been sort of a back up plan but in the 3 weeks since it was release the price went up $100 pp

We recently (May) did the Med/Greece on Vision out of Barcelona and it was a great choice...So if it's a back up plan have no concerns. Luckily I booked it when it first came out at a great price for our true aft JS.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Waiting to go to Next Cruise at 9 am here on Harmony.  Need to book our 25th anniversary cruise for 2021, and will ask about the Iceland/Greenland for 2021 Fall TA...if RCI is even going to do that then.  Hopefully she/he will have an answer...but not holding my breath.  Nothing listed online yet.  

I actually would prefer to use Celebrity but both of their Iceland/Greenland itineraries 2021 are in August.---Unless I am not correctly reading the schedule?  We are hoping for a Sept/October north Atlantic cruise.  

Waiting to go to Next Cruise at 9 am here on Harmony.  Need to book our 25th anniversary cruise for 2021, and will ask about the Iceland/Greenland for 2021 Fall TA...if RCI is even going to do that then.  Hopefully she/he will have an answer...but not holding my breath.  Nothing listed online yet.  

I actually would prefer to use Celebrity but both of their Iceland/Greenland itineraries 2021 are in August.---Unless I am not correctly reading the schedule?  We are hoping for a Sept/October north Atlantic cruise.  

Oh gosh, so sorry for the triple post.  When I hit the submit button the first time the reponse indicated that note did not send.  So I hit it two more  times.  Now don't know how to delete the extra notes.  Yikes!!

Edited by jmfdr

1 hour ago, jmfdr said:

Jan, you read the Celebrity schedule correctly - as the 2021 b2b Celebrity Summit cruises between Cape Liberty and Southampton depart August 1 and August 15. However, RCI's Arctic Crossing TAs have departed in late August or early September.

Edited by NancyIL

8 hours ago, royzer76 said:

No probs. I thought it may have been old news.

It's all good, would hate anyone miss new Sailing. Hoping jump on it myself. Been on Cruise Critic for 22yrs, wish was better way search/save threads, links, favorites and what is important to the individual...

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

The weather in August is much better for this! In October it will be much too cold and maybe even not possible to approach Greenland due to ice.

Thanks, I guess I will just have to hope for an early Sept. date if RCI schedules a 2021 Arctic Crossing.  We have twice done the North Atlantic crossing with stops in Iceland and the Faroe Islands,, on the Jewel, if I remember correctly.  I need to go back and check my cruise notes because I was thinking those crossings were in October.  

22 minutes ago, jmfdr said:

Thanks, I guess I will just have to hope for an early Sept. date if RCI schedules a 2021 Arctic Crossing.  We have twice done the North Atlantic crossing with stops in Iceland and the Faroe Islands,, on the Jewel, if I remember correctly.  I need to go back and check my cruise notes because I was thinking those crossings were in October.  

So much for my memory.  Both past northern TA cruises were in September, not October.  2011, on the Jewel; 2015 on the Brilliance.  Of course, neither of these itineraries made stops in Greenland.

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

What you are saying is the Celebrity 2021 westbound TAs that stop at Greenland and Iceland are out already?

yeah, it’s on Summit: 01st Of August Eastbound, 15th Of August westbound, I think it sails between Cape Liberty and Southampton.

Back to topic: any news regarding the still missing Europe itineraries? Any new ones released already?

5 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

yeah, it’s on Summit: 01st Of August Eastbound, 15th Of August westbound, I think it sails between Cape Liberty and Southampton.

Back to topic: any news regarding the still missing Europe itineraries? Any new ones released already?

Can’t see any 

On 12/9/2019 at 8:18 AM, Jack McGowan said:

My apologies for coming across “argumentative” - it was not meant in this way. I was simply trying too discuss with a couple of others some of the reasons that Adventure might not visit certain areas / ports due to her lifeboats not being tenders. Sorry again. 

No need for you to apologize.  The "scroll" feature was created for a reason.  I thought this website was here for people to carry on a conversation, not to police what is on or off topic. I appreciate all the helpful information I get on this and other threads, but I will stop posting, because I don't want to appear off topic and get called out for it.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

No need for you to apologize.  The "scroll" feature was created for a reason.  I thought this website was here for people to carry on a conversation, not to police what is on or off topic. I appreciate all the helpful information I get on this and other threads, but I will stop posting, because I don't want to appear off topic and get called out for it.

It's definitely not the old CC.