San Pedro port to LAX

canusa

17 minutes ago, canusa said:

Has anyone used the Princess transfer from San Pedro to Lax? We are thinking of using it post cruise and would like to know any experiences. Thanks

I have used the Princess transfers in the past, but no longer do. You have to wait until the entire bus fills before it leaves. Also, if your bus is later in the morning you may have to wait until a bus returns from its first trip to the airport.

We now use Super Shuttle or another one of the group shuttles. The cost for two this past March was around $45 which I think is less than the Princess transfer price. The shuttles are outside right at the curb. It is a little chaotic as they fill the shuttles. You can pre-reserve, but it isn't necessary.

A taxi will cost you around $65.

Uber is also an alternative.

There is no shortage of vehicles in the lot.

• Like 1

We used the Princess bus transfer from San Pedro to LAX this past April when we came back from our Hawaii cruise. It only took about 10-15 minutes to fill the bus. We did an early departure around 9:00 AM and it was very convenient. Several buses were lined up for other cruise passengers leaving at different times. If Princess assigns you a time a bit late or early, you can go down to the passenger service desk and change your time to your liking. I would do this a day or two before disembarkation. I booked the post transfer again from San Pedro to LAX for our Oct. Mexican Riviera cruise.

We too used the Princess transfer on our return from Mexico in April.  We hardly waited at all for the bus to leave.  They are very efficient at the process.  Comfy ride to Lax.

Edited by vjblk

4 hours ago, Clampram said:

We called uber at San Pedro and they were incredibly quick and hassle free. Quick drive to the airport. Can't remember what we paid but it was well worth it!

That's the way to go! My cost (on a Sunday) was less than $30 to LAX.

6 hours ago, Clampram said:

We called uber at San Pedro and they were incredibly quick and hassle free. Quick drive to the airport. Can't remember what we paid but it was well worth it!

We use Uber. Quick, easy, no cash needed.

Day of the week should be considered if cost is a concern.  I live in Manhattan Beach near LAX.  On a weekend between 7 and 10am the 405 fwy going north should be wide open, so I would take an Uber or Lyft and the cost should be less than a shuttle/bus and you will get there quicker. On a weekday you will be in the middle of rush hour traffic and you may want to take a shuttle.