What is your favorite ship?

Eli_6

4 hours ago, Crusin Hogs said:

Been on 14 Carnival ships  ,,Breeze hands down no contest ,The best of the fleet 

If it was no contest, everyone would say Breeze. 😅  Breeze isn’t even the best Dream class ship, that title belongs to Magic. But favorite ship is very subjective. 

Spirit class - The Legend

Take a moment to do the math.  Number of tons of water displacement divided by number of passengers.  This gives you a rough idea of how big and uncrowded the ship will seem to you.  The Spirit class wins, hands down.

• Like 4

On 8/1/2019 at 7:52 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

From my personal observations on both Vista and Horizon, and from reading countless reviews on this and other websites, the Havana pool area rarely gets crowded. Most comments are just the opposite, saying how nice and quiet the Havana area was on their cruise.  My guess is Carnival noticed the same thing when deciding the size of the Havana area on Mardi Gras. 

Smaller pool than on the Vista Class ships, the omission of the two hot tubs and the relocation from aft with a great view to being a second thought on the starboard side.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:34 AM, AmBear said:

Our opinion

1 Vista class

2 Dream class

3 Conquest class

4 Fantasy class

5 Spirit class

I would put Dream Class 1 and Vista 2

The Sunshine for me is 3 - I agree that Spirit is last (sailed the Miracle is Dec and just did not like the layout compared to the other ships)

5 minutes ago, Bowman1 said:

I would put Dream Class 1 and Vista 2

The Sunshine for me is 3 - I agree that Spirit is last (sailed the Miracle is Dec and just did not like the layout compared to the other ships)

Interesting how drastically different people can view ships. I love the layout of Spirit class ships. I think they are by far the best designed ships in Carnival’s current fleet. The only negative in my book is they are smaller ships, so they don’t have all the amenities found on Carnival’s larger ships. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

18 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Interesting how drastically different people can view ships. I love the layout of Spirit class ships. I think they are by far the best designed ships in Carnival’s current fleet. The only negative in my book is they are smaller ships, so they don’t have all the amenities found on Carnival’s larger ships. 

I concur. You can walk from the front of the ship to the back on ANY deck. They never feel crowded, and I have sailed on them Spring break,  New Year's,  and Journeys cruises. Plus, they have the best Serenity areas in the fleet. 😀

Breeze with Magic a close second. I hate that the Breeze had to leave Galveston. Sailing Vista but not expecting to be wowed like before. They shrunk too many areas to make room for the pricey Havana area, including the spa area. Breeze had a fantastic spa!

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It IS interesting that folks have very differing views.  So far Magic is probably my favorite but I really like Sunshine while other folks do not.  All my Conquest class boats have been 'fine'.  My wife disliked Miracle (she still refers to the 'grapes') while I liked the Spirit class quite a bit.

Edited by jsglow

1 hour ago, babsee101 said:

Breeze with Magic a close second. I hate that the Breeze had to leave Galveston. Sailing Vista but not expecting to be wowed like before. They shrunk too many areas to make room for the pricey Havana area, including the spa area. Breeze had a fantastic spa!

Totally agree with you--Breeze and Magic.  (Going on the Dream for the first time in September)  My last cruise was on the Vista and, yes, some areas are too small.  Really don't like the movable chairs in the main showroom.  People scoot their chairs until you have no room for your legs.

Vista and Dream class ships, followed by Conquest class.  I stopped sailing Fantasy class ships a dozen years ago because I felt they were old back then.

We're doing a Legend sailing in June 2020, but only because it is going to Norway for 9 nights.  

On 8/1/2019 at 7:48 AM, naxer said:

I like Conquest Class, and the Conquest in particular.  Weirdly, I like how the Conquest is decorated with the art nouveau and impressionism.  But I'm trying the Havana area on Panorama in February.

Yes, we enjoy the Conquest class too.   And because we've just happened to be on the Conquest more than the others, it feels like home.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:48 AM, naxer said:

I like Conquest Class, and the Conquest in particular.  Weirdly, I like how the Conquest is decorated with the art nouveau and impressionism.  But I'm trying the Havana area on Panorama in February.

We love the conquest too.  And we love the design.  It is over the top but it works.